Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Sorry to hear about Doug Woog. Died at age 75. Always enjoyed listening to him. Class act for sure
    Last edited by icehawk; 12-14-2019, 06:24 PM.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

RIP Doug Woog😢
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

RIP The Wooger.

Comment

https://www.gopherpucklive.com/woogisms/

Woogisms
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              One of the greatest. RIP, Coach.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Well, this really sucks. RIP Wooger.
                National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

In the late 80’s I was back in Grand Forks with some friends for the Minnesota series. We were standing in the lobby of old REA waiting for the ticket window to open. It was a couple of hours before the game and the Minnesota bus pulled up front and the players and coaches walked through the lobby into the arena. Doug was last. He walked up to one member of our group, ask “you need tickets to the game?” and pressed two tickets into my friends hand.

There were a lot of things Woog could have done with those tickets. He didn’t care that they’d be used by someone who would root against his team. He just knew they were going to someone who wanted to watch a college hockey game. I always thought that incident said a lot about the man.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

RIP to a very colorful coach who brought a lot to this weird subculture of ours.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I used to get nearly every MN game and watched them all (admittedly rooting for whoever they played) but we loved Doug Woog's color. He was a funny and kind man, and a great foil to the PBP guy (Frank something?).

Thanks for the memories, Coach.

Comment

This hit me harder than I'd have thought. Really sad day. My fandom predates his time at the U, but he absolutely had my attention the whole time he was there and really solidified my love for the Gophers. His teams could bury the puck and never took crap from anyone. He had great coaching rivalries and yet he and his fellow coaches had a lot of respect for each other.

And when he was in the booth it was always such a treat to listen to him and Frank.

The man oozed love for the game but more importantly for people. He deserved a title but even without it he goes down as a legend.

RIP The Wooger

Comment

Tributes to the legend.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/1...doug-woog.aspx

Comment

Coach Woog getting a lot of respect and appreciation over on ss.com.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Coach Woog getting a lot of respect and appreciation over on ss.com.
                              As he should. Not only a great coach, but a tremendous contributor to the game. Very sad to see Coach Woog pass, much too early. RIP Coach.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                As he should. Not only a great coach, but a tremendous contributor to the game. Very sad to see Coach Woog pass, much too early. RIP Coach.
                                One of the great things about TV in the late 90s and early 200s was that every gopher home game was on FSN. So whether you were an MN fan or not, you always knew you could watch a WCHA game on the weekends. Doug was everything you'd associate with those broadcasts and how entertaining he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X