Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    no condemnation of his absolutely detestable post?
    Get off the meth.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
      Get off the meth.
      That's South Dakota. Figures you stupid North Dakotans don't know the difference.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        That's South Dakota. Figures you stupid North Dakotans don't know the difference.
        Clown shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
          Clown shoes.
          Again: Great beer. Love that brewery.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            no condemnation of his absolutely detestable post?
            I'll be honest, I skimmed through recent posts, saw a familiar name in The Rube and responded to what he said. Reading the post that you are referring to now, very tactless and crude. I get it that this is a rivalry series and what not but there is never a need to make comments like that.

There's trash talking and then it's not when you say something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              I'll be honest, I skimmed through recent posts, saw a familiar name in The Rube and responded to what he said. Reading the post that you are referring to now, very tactless and crude. I get it that this is a rivalry series and what not but there is never a need to make comments like that.

And I apologize for lumping all UND fans in with him

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                MN and UND has a healthy rivalry, and when is all said and done, I will tip my cap if need be. Some, however, take it to another level, and I don't appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  At least we all agree that Jess Myers is a hack and the statement is incorrect.
                  Very hard to believe. Considering that North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946.
                  First meeting between Gophers and UND was 2/4/1930, a 6-1 Gopher W at Minneapolis Arena. Jess Meyers was correct in sayin' it's a 90 year rivalry.
                  Last edited by SteveO; 11-28-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    MN and UND has a healthy rivalry, and when is all said and done, I will tip my cap if need be. Some, however, take it to another level, and I don't appreciate that.
                    ^ QFT. Do I enjoy it when UND beats Minnesota? You bet I do and I'll partake in some ribbing but when someone goes overboard with it and/or make things personal. Ruins the fun in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

Yep. No need for that crap
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Yikes. Not sure what's the bigger trainwreck - that game by the Gophers or omahawhioux's latest posts.

Hope the Gophers give a better effort tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                          9-3 go jump in front of a bus.
                          Dude...it's a game *******. You really need to measure yourself by your hockey team?
                          FO.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            First meeting between Gophers and UND was 2/4/1930, a 6-1 Gopher W at Minneapolis Arena. Jess Meyers was correct in sayin' it's a 90 year rivalry.
                            Except that was a game with UND's (coachless) club team. North Dakota did not start its program until 1946. So Myers was, in fact, very wrong. Try to keep up.

The saddest part is that Minnesota only counts their wins over UND's club team. They don't even recognize the four losses and one tie.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Except that was a game with UND's (coachless) club team. North Dakota did not start its program until 1946. So Myers was, in fact, very wrong. Try to keep up.

The saddest part is that Minnesota only counts their wins over UND's club team. They don't even recognize the four losses and one tie.
                              I don't know about the club team issue, but Jess is referring to a rivalry. Are you saying it wasn't a rivalry? UND's nickname was originally The Flickertails , but was unofficially changed to "The Sioux" in 1930 as a D1 Independent team.

No coach? According to College Hockey News the coach was Joe Brown.

Try to keep up.
                              Last edited by SteveO; 11-29-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                                I don't know about the club team issue, but Jess is referring to a rivalry. Are you saying it wasn't a rivalry?
                                Not between the hockey programs.

The football teams played well before the 30s...so to the extent Myers was going for the rivalry between the schools, he shortchanged it a couple decades. Either way, Myers was wrong.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X