Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stauber1 View Post
    no condemnation of his absolutely detestable post?
    Get off the meth.

Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Get off the meth.
    That's South Dakota. Figures you stupid North Dakotans don't know the difference.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That's South Dakota. Figures you stupid North Dakotans don't know the difference.
    Clown shoes.

Clown shoes.
    Again: Great beer. Love that brewery.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Stauber1 View Post
    no condemnation of his absolutely detestable post?
    I'll be honest, I skimmed through recent posts, saw a familiar name in The Rube and responded to what he said. Reading the post that you are referring to now, very tactless and crude. I get it that this is a rivalry series and what not but there is never a need to make comments like that.

There's trash talking and then it's not when you say something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    I'll be honest, I skimmed through recent posts, saw a familiar name in The Rube and responded to what he said. Reading the post that you are referring to now, very tactless and crude. I get it that this is a rivalry series and what not but there is never a need to make comments like that.

And I apologize for lumping all UND fans in with him

MN and UND has a healthy rivalry, and when is all said and done, I will tip my cap if need be. Some, however, take it to another level, and I don't appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    At least we all agree that Jess Myers is a hack and the statement is incorrect.
    Very hard to believe. Considering that North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946.
    First meeting between Gophers and UND was 2/4/1930, a 6-1 Gopher W at Minneapolis Arena. Jess Meyers was correct in sayin' it's a 90 year rivalry.
    Last edited by SteveO; 11-29-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    MN and UND has a healthy rivalry, and when is all said and done, I will tip my cap if need be. Some, however, take it to another level, and I don't appreciate that.
    ^ QFT. Do I enjoy it when UND beats Minnesota? You bet I do and I'll partake in some ribbing but when someone goes overboard with it and/or make things personal. Ruins the fun in my opinion.

Yep. No need for that crap

Yikes. Not sure what's the bigger trainwreck - that game by the Gophers or omahawhioux's latest posts.

Hope the Gophers give a better effort tomorrow.

Kings affiliate
    9-3 go jump in front of a bus.
    Dude...it's a game *******. You really need to measure yourself by your hockey team?
    FO.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    First meeting between Gophers and UND was 2/4/1930, a 6-1 Gopher W at Minneapolis Arena. Jess Meyers was correct in sayin' it's a 90 year rivalry.
    Except that was a game with UND's (coachless) club team. North Dakota did not start its program until 1946. So Myers was, in fact, very wrong. Try to keep up.

The saddest part is that Minnesota only counts their wins over UND's club team. They don't even recognize the four losses and one tie.

Except that was a game with UND's (coachless) club team. North Dakota did not start its program until 1946. So Myers was, in fact, very wrong. Try to keep up.

The saddest part is that Minnesota only counts their wins over UND's club team. They don't even recognize the four losses and one tie.
    I don't know about the club team issue, but Jess is referring to a rivalry. Are you saying it wasn't a rivalry? UND's nickname was originally The Flickertails , but was unofficially changed to "The Sioux" in 1930 as a D1 Independent team.

No coach? According to College Hockey News the coach was Joe Brown.

Try to keep up.
    Last edited by SteveO; 11-29-2019 at 09:23 AM.

I don't know about the club team issue, but Jess is referring to a rivalry. Are you saying it wasn't a rivalry?
    Not between the hockey programs.

The football teams played well before the 30s...so to the extent Myers was going for the rivalry between the schools, he shortchanged it a couple decades. Either way, Myers was wrong.

I don't know about the club team issue, but Jess is referring to a rivalry. Are you saying it wasn't a rivalry? UND's nickname was originally The Flickertails , but was unofficially changed to "The Sioux" in 1930 as a D1 Independent team.

No coach? According to College Hockey News the coach was Joe Brown.

Try to keep up.
    Joe Brown was a player...not a coach.

Not between the hockey programs.

The football teams played well before the 30s...so to the extent Myers was going for the rivalry between the schools, he shortchanged it a couple decades. Either way, Myers was wrong.
    So you're saying it wasn't a rivalry?

Joe Brown was a player...not a coach.
    So College Hockey News is wrong too?? Can you produce any resource data to refute it or are we just supposed to accept your opinionated persona?
    Last edited by SteveO; 11-29-2019 at 09:29 AM.

So you're saying it wasn't a rivalry?
    Not between the hockey programs. In order to have a rivalry between programs, there actually has to be two programs. North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946. Try to keep up.

Not between the hockey programs. In order to have a rivalry between programs, there actually has to be two programs. North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946. Try to keep up.
    What's your definition of a rivalry?

So College Hockey News is wrong too?? Can you produce any resource data to refute it or are we just supposed to accept your opinionated persona?
    Sure, go to special collections in the third floor of the Chester Fritz Library and ask to see the records from North Dakota's club hockey team from pre-WWII. Its pretty interesting material. CHN shows they played 2 games in 1929-1930...do you really believe they put a team together, had a coach, and went through all that is required to only play 2 games? Sounds like an accurate source to me.
    Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 11-29-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Thread Information