Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Another fill the bowl game, which is generally awesome. The issue is the rink size difference between LaBahn and the KC negates the home ice advantage. Sure, the crowd is 7 times bigger, but that doesn't help with the rink size difference. This is a big plus for OSU. Bad deal for UW. The last time UW played a quality opponent in the fill the bowl game it was 2014 against UM and UW looked out of sorts the whole game. Of course the rodents are the kind of opponent that can make UW look out of sorts and that 2014 was an ok team for them, but the rink size does not help UW one bit. This could be a costly miscalculation.
    ??

As far as I understand, the OSU rink is a, 85x200 rink, LaBahn is 90x200, and the KC is 97x200. So wouldn't playing in the KC be even more of a 'change' for OSU?

(Has anyone received their tickets yet? Regular and/or Fill The Bowl? I have not.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      ??

As far as I understand, the OSU rink is a, 85x200 rink, LaBahn is 90x200, and the KC is 97x200. So wouldn't playing in the KC be even more of a 'change' for OSU?

(Has anyone received their tickets yet? Regular and/or Fill The Bowl? I have not.)
      It's a change for OSU either way, but that 7 ft wider also will take UW off their game, so I'd say advantage OSU.

I have not received my tickets yet.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Roque is preseason POTY.

All WCHA predictions:
        Roque
        S Shirley
        Steffen
        Campbell

G Shirley and Grieg also got votes for ROTY. If the Grieg vote goes to GS or the other wad around, either would be co-ROTY with a rodent.
        Did I miss something? How did Watts not make this team?

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
          Did I miss something? How did Watts not make this team?
          Porbably...Check out the other thread with a poll about lighting the lamp totals and you can find out about the bc to WCHA conversion factor.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Interesting tidbits checking out the roster that is now up. Watts is here!!!!!! It's true!!! Blesi is listed as a RS SO, that is big news as well. Now I ponder on the idea of Kronish RS at some point as she and Blesi are now in the same class together.

The thing I am always most interested in as how will the Fr D look? Usually they fit seamlessly and you don't notice them, which is typically how you want D to look. Will Rowe play D (they have 14 F without her) or will 2 of the 3 Fr (Grant, Edwards or Kotlowski) get the 3rd pair, assuming they are put together like Buchbinder and Bowlby were.

I just read MJ's comments about the incoming players and with the D the way I read it Grant is the most ready for college. He mentions Edwards and Kotlowski as needing to see how they adjust to the speed of the game at this level. I'm so excited to see how the team develops for this year and the next 3 for all the Fr.
            Last edited by Timothy A; 09-20-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

This is a first: Tickets have been on sale for 3 days, and the Minnesota series is already sold out.

Went down to the ticket office this morning to pick up all the tickets for all the games I'm planning to get to this year, and made that discovery.

So if anyone's got extras for that game, let me know! (I guess I should go back to buying season tickets, even though I can usually only get to at most half of the games.)

Also interesting that Fill the Bowl isn't available yet - so I'm guessing they're still deciding if they'll do reserved tickets for the lower level again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post

Also interesting that Fill the Bowl isn't available yet - so I'm guessing they're still deciding if they'll do reserved tickets for the lower level again.
                Tickets arrived in the mail today (while I was at UW football, as were the hockey team).

My 'Fill The Bowl' ticket is an assigned seat - and a much better one than I had last time!

(Pretty much every home FB game, they highlight one of the other fall sports teams; introduce them at one of the official pre-game tailgates and then again on the field between end of first quarter and start of second quarter. I was interested to see how Watts was blending in, who she was hanging out with, etc. They arrived at the tailgate in groups of two, three, a half-dozen, etc - they had practice before it, and still were there by 9:30 AM, before an 11 AM kick-off. Watts and Kristen Campbell arrived together; while they were all 'onstage' at the tailgate, Watts hung very much to the back and was not one of the three or four players introduced individually; during autographs, she sat between Campbell and Sophie (or maybe Grace) Shirley. On-field during the in-game introduction, she was towards the end next to Jesse Devito. I've been a bit worried about the karma of such a transfer, and 'team chemistry' etc. But for today, she was just another of the girls.)
                Last edited by robertearle; 09-21-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

My 'Fill The Bowl' ticket is an assigned seat - and a much better one than I had last time!
                  That sucks. Now if I buy more seats we won't be able to sit together. Stupid.

Comment

Now if I buy more seats we won't be able to sit together. Stupid.
                    Or you might find that more people are willing to attend the game once they learn that they aren't obligated to sit with you.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Or you might find that more people are willing to attend the game once they learn that they aren't obligated to sit with you.
                      How in the world did you end up communicating with my wife?

Comment

How in the world did you end up communicating with my wife?
                        I'll take that to mean that your Mrs. gets slightly embarrassed when the ushers come by and ask you to refrain from pounding on the glass?
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          I'll take that to mean that your Mrs. gets slightly embarrassed when the ushers come by and ask you to refrain from pounding on the glass?
                          It doesn't take an usher being an idiot for me to embarrass my wife at the hockey games, according to her anyway. She's prefer a gentle golf clap and a tip of the cap to jumping and yelling like a crazy man. I better re-print that email from the associate AD for hockey that clearly states we fans are allowed to pound on the glass just in case some idiot usher decides to be a idiot.

It's game week. I need line combos and D pairs NOW!

Comment

Tickets arrived in the mail today (while I was at UW football, as were the hockey team).

(Pretty much every home FB game, they highlight one of the other fall sports teams; introduce them at one of the official pre-game tailgates and then again on the field between end of first quarter and start of second quarter. I was interested to see how Watts was blending in, who she was hanging out with, etc. They arrived at the tailgate in groups of two, three, a half-dozen, etc - they had practice before it, and still were there by 9:30 AM, before an 11 AM kick-off. Watts and Kristen Campbell arrived together; while they were all 'onstage' at the tailgate, Watts hung very much to the back and was not one of the three or four players introduced individually; during autographs, she sat between Campbell and Sophie (or maybe Grace) Shirley. On-field during the in-game introduction, she was towards the end next to Jesse Devito. I've been a bit worried about the karma of such a transfer, and 'team chemistry' etc. But for today, she was just another of the girls.)
                            Love the insight. On an unrelated note, Watt in the would is going on with the VB team?

Comment

Love the insight. On an unrelated note, Watt in the would is going on with the VB team?
                              If I knew that, I'd be on the coaching staff.

At least so far, the total is much less than the sum of its parts. Trying to integrate new personnel - both frosh, and a transfer (from Minnesota) - into the rotation, and it just isn't going well. No one aspect or player playing particularly badly, but somehow it has gone just enough wrong that they have dropped matches they should have won. All four losses were against 'top ten' teams, but the about-to-start conference schedule is chock-full of quality 'top ten' teams. So they better get it figured out ... now.

Comment

If I knew that, I'd be on the coaching staff.

At least so far, the total is much less than the sum of its parts. Trying to integrate new personnel - both frosh, and a transfer (from Minnesota) - into the rotation, and it just isn't going well. No one aspect or player playing particularly badly, but somehow it has gone just enough wrong that they have dropped matches they should have won. All four losses were against 'top ten' teams, but the about-to-start conference schedule is chock-full of quality 'top ten' teams. So they better get it figured out ... now.
                                There isn't much time to correct things or they will dig themselves into not hosting for the NCAA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X