Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1003

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

  1. #341
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I like the idea of starting Thiessen and Red would have done well to leave him in longer. Maine already has a split in the bag and canít play Swayman every game.
    I thought Theissen would have a reasonably long leash, but clearly I was mistaken.

  2. #342
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,549

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I like the idea of starting Thiessen and Red would have done well to leave him in longer. Maine already has a split in the bag and canít play Swayman every game.
    Every game? we are a couple games into the season. Sway had a great game against a ranked team, yeah lets throw a rookie in, a kid who hasn't played a game yet. You and Red make great coaching decisions
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  3. #343
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    47

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I like the idea of starting Thiessen and Red would have done well to leave him in longer. Maine already has a split in the bag and canít play Swayman every game.
    Two games a week. He can play every game if needed. Maine is not good enough to be able to give away potential wins.

  4. #344
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Every game? we are a couple games into the season. Sway had a great game against a ranked team, yeah lets throw a rookie in, a kid who hasn't played a game yet. You and Red make great coaching decisions
    This.

    Smack my head. Sway was reason for chance to win. Letís f this up and ruin a rookies confidence in the process.

  5. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    This.

    Smack my head. Sway was reason for chance to win. Letís f this up and ruin a rookies confidence in the process.
    Evidently we have to hold off on that extension for Red.

  6. #346
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,571

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by rw1733 View Post
    Two games a week. He can play every game if needed. Maine is not good enough to be able to give away potential wins.
    Absolutely.

    Many many teams play just the one goalie every weekend.

    Swayman is the single elite player on Maine. You have to ride your best horse until he can't run anymore.

    What in the world is Red "thinking"?

  7. #347
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,172

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    I thought at first that Swayman may have been injured when Thiessen gets the start. This is crazy!!!

  8. #348
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Why do we even wonder anymore...Gendron takes this lost tonight.

  9. #349
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    668

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Maine loses it 4-3. Honestly I thought it was a good weekend, if they play like that for the rest of the season I would be more than happy with that result. Still baffled that they threw Theissen to the wolves like that, would have expected his chance to have come last weekend against a poor opponent.

  10. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Absolutely.

    Many many teams play just the one goalie every weekend.

    Swayman is the single elite player on Maine. You have to ride your best horse until he can't run anymore.

    What in the world is Red "thinking"?
    Right on

  11. #351
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    I guess Gendron forgot...they are keeping score tonight. Play to win...don't play hunches.

  12. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Maine loses it 4-3. Honestly I thought it was a good weekend, if they play like that for the rest of the season I would be more than happy with that result. Still baffled that they threw Theissen to the wolves like that, would have expected his chance to have come last weekend against a poor opponent.
    If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. Itís much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.

  13. #353
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. It’s much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.
    In Swayman they had a player that has had QU's number...he gives them a better chance at winning...especially coming away with a win last night, all the pressure was on QU to win tonight...and having Swayman in net to start would have made that task harder....play to win...not say oh well we won last night...we can lose tonight and who cares...we are suppose to lose...nope this is on Gendron, and he better say so....no excuses/hunches etc.

  14. #354
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    668

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    I think that of the three goals Theissen allowed, one was definitely his fault, one was not his fault, and one was sort of his fault, in that order. He did look a little shaken out there, I wonder how much advance notice he got he was starting.

  15. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I think that of the three goals Theissen allowed, one was definitely his fault, one was not his fault, and one was sort of his fault, in that order. He did look a little shaken out there, I wonder how much advance notice he got he was starting.
    Needless to say not faulting the Freshman...no way...but he was put in a situation that Swayman would have been better at(imo).

  16. #356
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    47

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. Itís much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.
    Swayman should have started both games this week as well as last week. Maine can't afford to lose games.

  17. #357
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,702

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 win over Maine

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_19.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  18. #358
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,549

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 win over Maine

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_19.html
    Even Q fans think Swayman should have started and that the result probably would have been different

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  19. #359
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,188

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Even Q fans think Swayman should have started and that the result probably would have been different

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Really said it like it should be said...why? and what? was he thinking. He'll excuse it over and over. Hopefully he is pressed on it over and over.....

  20. #360
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,172

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 win over Maine

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_19.html
    Thanks for posting these recaps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •