Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

There was no joy in Orono.
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Don't kid yourself. Football has always been the flagship. Even when we were winning the national championship it was still football.

I can't escape the stupid. I was wearing my Maine hockey jersey at work tonight and a guy walks up and tells me it was a long weekend for the Bears. "Yeah, it's going to be a long season."
    'Think there's any chance they hire the coach who went to Denver?'
    "Jim Montgomery?"
    'Yeah, him!'

*sigh*
    I mean..... IF Dallas craters like St Louis did before Christmas last year.....and then.....

Nah.

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    We got him cause he was a name familiar to those doing the search, and he was cheap. And he sold them a bill of goods. What, four years to be back in the final four? Or was it the NCAA tourney?

In any event, not accomplished. Didn't he also say if he couldn't get it done, he'd leave?
    He did indeed say that...but I guess it's a lot like his Program...not worth much.

Don't kid yourself. Football has always been the flagship. Even when we were winning the national championship it was still football.

I can't escape the stupid. I was wearing my Maine hockey jersey at work tonight and a guy walks up and tells me it was a long weekend for the Bears. "Yeah, it's going to be a long season."
    "Jim Montgomery?"
    'Yeah, him!'

*sigh*
    I have heard that from others also...just some people don't keep up or follow it....

"Jim Montgomery?"
    'Yeah, him!'

*sigh*
    Iíd bet quite a few fans still think Monty is at Denver. Most people have busy lives and itís easy to miss and/or forget a story like him going to Dallas.

Black Bear since D-2

When I was at Maine -during the late Pleistocene, granted- football was abysmal and largely ignored by the students.

Well UAA/Maine weekend is almost here....I am hoping for two wins but would take a split. WHO KNOW's RIGHT..? But here is what Maine CAN'T DO (imo) ...They have to muster some type of offence, like scoring more then 2 goals per game...get shots on goal...if under 20 shots per game they are in trouble...keep UAA under 30 shots per game...again if 30 plus for UAA then Maine is in trouble...and finally keep the penalty's down...4 or less per game...if they go over 5 per game then you could very well see a ugly weekend for Maine Hockey. This is a type of weekend that can be a positive for Maine, but if they play like the PC/UNB games then we can only be in for a long-long season. Myself I going with the split side: Friday; Maine 4 UAA 1 -- Saturday; UAA 3 Maine 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well UAA/Maine weekend is almost here....I am hoping for two wins but would take a split. WHO KNOW's RIGHT..? But here is what Maine CAN'T DO (imo) ...They have to muster some type of offence, like scoring more then 2 goals per game...get shots on goal...if under 20 shots per game they are in trouble...keep UAA under 30 shots per game...again if 30 plus for UAA then Maine is in trouble...and finally keep the penalty's down...4 or less per game...if they go over 5 per game then you could very well see a ugly weekend for Maine Hockey. This is a type of weekend that can be a positive for Maine, but if they play like the PC/UNB games then we can only be in for a long-long season. Myself I going with the split side: Friday; Maine 4 UAA 1 -- Saturday; UAA 3 Maine 1
    Whatever happens, let's all promise not to get too excited if there's a Maine sweep. Let's learn from opening with St. Lawrence last year. UAA is flying six time zones to play its first games of the year, and went 3-28-3 last season, AND is dealing with rumors that the team won't exist past this season. If Maine were any good these would be two 5-0 wins at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Whatever happens, let's all promise not to get too excited if there's a Maine sweep. Let's learn from opening with St. Lawrence last year. UAA is flying six time zones to play its first games of the year, and went 3-28-3 last season, AND is dealing with rumors that the team won't exist past this season. If Maine were any good these would be two 5-0 wins at the very least.
    Oh I hear you loud and clear...UAA has much going against them in that the long trip over, a returning team that did not play very good all season long and the dreaded lost of their program after this season...they are worst off then Maine...but then they could come in with nothing to lose and stun Maine....I see a split, but should Maine lose both......well oh my the blank will fly....but you are right...two wins by Maine should not be a ticker-tape parade from I-95 to the Alfond either

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    two wins by Maine should not be a ticker-tape parade from I-95 to the Alfond either
    Two wins by UAA might be cause for a different type of parade from Alfond to the Gym.

Is Maine still showing games for free on the website or has that changed this year?

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Is Maine still showing games for free on the website or has that changed this year?
    As far as I know they still are, I have a friend who graduated last year and is now at grad school in Oregon who watched the UNB game from out there.

Never Forget!

Hockey East online games are part of the CBS Sports package now.

UAA at Maine Friday 6:30

Subscriptions are only $9.95/month or $99.95/year.

ETA: The women's games are free.

Over or under 20min penalties Tonite?

Red says they are prepped good from this weeks practice.

Hockey East online games are part of the CBS Sports package now.

UAA at Maine Friday 6:30

Subscriptions are only $9.95/month or $99.95/year.

ETA: The women's games are free.
    $9.95 a month, but it literally never ends unless you get a new card. Shame they got mixed up with such a dodgy outfit.

Alfond is empty tonight.

Never Forget!

Alfond is empty tonight.
    You were expecting something else?

Never Forget!

Greenway (Tralmaks, Fossier) 1:14 1 1-0 Maine
    Doherty (Westerlund, Sirota) 4:25 1 2-0 Maine

Maine has scored on both its shots.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 10-11-2019 at 07:15 PM.

You were expecting something else?
    Didnít expect the student section as empty as it is.

Quasi-Inactive

Greenway (Tralmaks, Fossier) 1:14 1 1-0 Maine
    Doherty (Westerlund, Sirota) 4:25 1 2-0 Maine

Maine has scored on both its shots.
    Either the UAA goalie is an absolute sieve, or the Black Bears have finally found their mojo. Either way, great to see them on the scoreboard!
    UNH

Never Forget!

Frye (Lantz) 10:40 1 Maine 2-1

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Didnít expect the student section as empty as it is.
    It is fall break this weekend, so lots of kids head home for the long weekend, but it is a weak showing, I agree. Im up here though!

Thread Information