Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    wow. maine wins

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wahoooo

This was just a perfectly placed ball.
    https://twitter.com/BlackBearsFB/status/1195797280650956801?s=20

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Cool end of the game besides the win. No 2 catches the first pass for 40 plus yds and then the guy who obviously said something to make no 2 snap and throw a punch is covering 81 on the winning TD catch, then 81 runs across end zone to taunt that guy who is asking for a penalty from official. Too funny.

need a big game tonight from Swayman and the boys. Game is on NESN plus or whatever its called.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    need a big game tonight from Swayman and the boys. Game is on NESN plus or whatever its called.
    Not a great start. UNH carrying the play.

The Mallow

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Frank Doyle was terrific, IMO. He just had the misfortune of playing behind Jimmy.
    Maybe it's because he only was at Maine for two seasons but Doyle was constantly overlooked.

If I recall correctly he's second behind Howard in both career GAA/SV% and won something like 75% of his starts, which is really impressive. Just a very solid steady presence in his time in Orono.

Maine played better the last half of the first. Teams evened out the play.

I wonder why Shields and Mahoney aren’t the broadcast crew. The Lafluer and ? Crew seems amateurish.

University of Maine Class of 2020

I really think Maine is better and has been playing better, but theyve had so many shots blocked or wide

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    Maybe it's because he only was at Maine for two seasons but Doyle was constantly overlooked.

If I recall correctly he's second behind Howard in both career GAA/SV% and won something like 75% of his starts, which is really impressive. Just a very solid steady presence in his time in Orono.
    He saved the bacon in Albany at a Regional years ago, when Jimmy was pulled after the 2nd, trailing Harvard 4-1 (IIRC). Stood on his head in the 3rd, while Maine came back to win. Perhaps my favorite Maine memory ever.

(Tonight's game, on the other hand, is only somewhat less fun to experience than a root canal at this point... Boy oh boy, Maine's offense is putrid tonight.)

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I really think Maine is better and has been playing better, but theyve had so many shots blocked or wide
    UNH goalie is playing well. Maine might need to get dirty goals in tight in front traffic. Maybe a tie up goal can ignite them. They’ve looked pretty lethargic offensively for the most part.

Two teams with top heavy, inconsistent offenses and great goaltenders playing at a high level - this low scoring series is exactly what I expected coming in...

Robinson has been great (especially recently) for UNH - though lacking the pedigree of Swayman, he was also a high draft pick and has always had real potential...

If the series ends with both teams averaging less than 2/GM for the weekend I won’t be surprised at all. Though I understand why it may not be all that enjoyable or encouraging to watch for either side.

Having said that the third will probably turn into a shootout now...

Wow, Maine finally scores with less than a minute left with goalie pulled. To OT we go!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Wow, Maine finally scores with less than a minute left with goalie pulled. To OT we go!
    Wahoo! At least the finish was exciting. Nice feed from Smith, way to go to the net and finish it off Shea!

Big comeback for confidence building.

HUGE win!

University of Maine Class of 2020

Incredible finish.

Black Bear since D-2

I've seen better played pick-up games. Brutal to watch.

Again, though, Sway carried this inept team. Maine should have lost 2-0 or (even 3-0 ) in regulation, not that UNH looked much better.

I'm happy that Maine won, but I kinda want my 3 hours back.

Who is this team. 58 minutes of not much then 4 minutes of playing. Reds prior teams couldn't finish out a game.

Nice sweep.

Never Forget!

The assist on the GWG was the 100th point of Mitchell Fossier's career.

Attendance topped 5000 tonight.

Maine's 7-3-2 start is the best since 2006, when the team started 8-0-1 (8-3-1 through 12 games) including wins at Xcel against #3 Minnesota and two at #3 North Dakota.

Maine now plays seven consecutive games on the road, with Hockey East pairs @Northeastern and @UMass.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Who is this team. 58 minutes of not much then 4 minutes of playing. Reds prior teams couldn't finish out a game.

Nice sweep.
    IMO, this team is exactly what it appears to be, and that much it pretty obvious.

If not for Swayman..?

The usual Red team.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-17-2019 at 12:40 AM.

for right now, its all good. happy as can be, our scoring is about what I thought, our defense is about what I thought, Swayman just wonderful. Our penalties down this year-- and in this game they were pivotal . . . I said 8th before the season-- Would be wonderful to end up fourth . . .

Football team almost coughed up a lung, but should be (should be) a win away from the playoffs. (If we beat UNH, as i believe we should, but I am not betting the farm . . . hard to turn down a team on a 5 game win streak that beat Albany who is also doing well-- sorry that the basketball team lost to Portland tonight- a Portland team with Isaiah Wright, who should have been with us . . .)

Next weekend huge for all! Viva Maine!

There was no joy in Orono.

Good weekend to be a Black Bear!! I for one shall enjoy it

Thread Information