This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    St. Lawrence should be easy, but those are also their first games back in their arena and I’m sure they’ll be fired up. Where they are ranked so low any slip up will kill Maine. Northeastern is ranked pretty low, in the thirties last I checked, but they’re not horrible and Maine always struggles at Matthews. I’d be happy with a split there but that probably hurts Maine in the pairwise. I’d snap someone’s hand off if they offered me even a point in Amherst. All in all I think there is much more to be lost than gained and even if Maine goes say 4-2-1 they’re behind where they are now.
    SLU pushed back their arena opening date, the games against Maine will still be at SUNY Canton and not Appleton.

https://www.nny360.com/sports/collegesports/college-hockey-st-lawrence-university-postpones-renovated-appleton-arena-opening/article_c446bc46-1bf0-5032-bcaf-3365be040377.html

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      It is hard not to be in the wait and see mode. If I got this right Maine has gone 2-13-1 against NU during the Gendron era. Twice NU knocked Maine out of hockey east playoffs. Having said all this, I don’t have another mode to go to anyways. I always wait and see.
      2-13-1 and 0-6 since winning on Senior Night in 2017.

Maine should have 12 wins when UNO comes to town to start the New Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        SLU pushed back their arena opening date, the games against Maine will still be at SUNY Canton and not Appleton.

https://www.nny360.com/sports/collegesports/college-hockey-st-lawrence-university-postpones-renovated-appleton-arena-opening/article_c446bc46-1bf0-5032-bcaf-3365be040377.html
        Wow whoahhh woowww. Pump those brakes.

We need a win at Matthews first.

Then we can see what we have. But to overlook this opponent is dumb.

No matter how good you think we are... we need dig down and get at least one win in Matthews.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          2-13-1 and 0-6 since winning on Senior Night in 2017.

Maine should have 12 wins when UNO comes to town to start the New Year.
          Wow... 12?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Wow... 12?
            I think in my heart the second line of jss/poisson/dawe will end up or top line. The skill, while young, is amazing.

Comment

Wow... 12?
              Sweep St Lawrence, defeat Yale and AIC and win just one of four at Matthews or Mullins? That should be doable.

Comment

Sweep St Lawrence, defeat Yale and AIC and win just one of four at Matthews or Mullins? That should be doable.
                You have to win at Matthews. I want to see it,

Comment

• just clear net front. Then when we have power play give 18 shorter stick and park him three feet out of net front. Then play on power play but make all shots one inch off ice to the goalies blocker. Then forwards crash. 18 will block goalies eyes.

Comment

You have to win at Matthews. I want to see it,
                    No you don't. Of the two games at Matthews AND two games at Mullins the Bears just need to win one. They beat UMA last year when they were ranked #2 in the country.

Comment

No you don't. Of the two games at Matthews AND two games at Mullins the Bears just need to win one. They beat UMA last year when they were ranked #2 in the country.
                      Hmm.. you are advocating we lose? 🤠

I know. I got you. But f, we haven’t won there in a very long time. Can’t you look outside stats for a moment? If we get one win it is good enough for me.

No?

Comment

Hmm.. you are advocating we lose? 🤠

I know. I got you. But f, we haven’t won there in a very long time. Can’t you look outside stats for a moment? If we get one win it is good enough for me.

No?
                        I'm saying to get to 12 wins they don't HAVE to win at Matthews, which they haven't done since 2012. As opposed to Mullins, where they swept in 2018 and 2016.

As for looking outside the stats, I have to maintain a modicum of impartiality in my position.

Comment

I'm saying to get to 12 wins they don't HAVE to win at Matthews, which they haven't done since 2012. As opposed to Mullins, where they swept in 2018 and 2016.

As for looking outside the stats, I have to maintain a modicum of impartiality in my position.
                          Great politician.

Comment

Next 8 games: split with NU, sweep SLU, lose 2 with UMass, beat Yale, and finally home game win versus AIC...5-3-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Next 8 games: split with NU, sweep SLU, lose 2 with UMass, beat Yale, and finally home game win versus AIC...5-3-0.
                              No. Win.

No politics. Just win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                No. Win.

No politics. Just win.
                                Not all of us live in a fantasyland where Maine wins every game it plays. Even downing Allen's 24/7 won't make you that delusional. You must have moved on to harder stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X