This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    3-2 UML is your final. A bit of a disappointing result if you ask me. Final shots 40-30 for Maine.
    True. On the other hand it has been a long time since Maine played a ranked opponent on the road where one goal separated them after 125 minutes of hockey... and it ended with a two man advantage with our goalie pulled.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

You guys looked good tonight. I wasn't sure of the outcome until the buzzer. Not a comfortable feeling

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Nice to see Maine football get a decisive win against that team that played them tough in CAA finals last year, Elon. Maine is 0.750 with Fagnano as the starter. His td to int as a starter(last four games) is 13-3. So his average is a little better than 3 tds and a little less than 1 int per game... and 317 yards passing. What an outstanding start he has had.
        S***, I guess.

This kid is seriously good, and if Maine wins-out they'll have a shot at a low seed.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Yeah. I feel positive about this season, because of Swayman.

I do not feel positive about the future.
          I hear you... But I'm talking about the future of this season.

We've seen a typically inept Red offense this year. Swayman being super-human is the only reason that Maine isn't, say, 3-7 right now. This team can't finish (getting used to it) and Swayman can't be All-Universe every night, can he?

Not seeing an NCAA team unless he does exactly that. Not holding my breath on that one. Maine looks essentially as they have for the past 5 years, to me, aside from Sway being absolutely superb.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-09-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

The 5-3-2 start is still the best through 10 games in the Red Gendron Era. The 2013 Bears started 5-4-1. Maine hasn't won six of the first 10 since 2010 (6-1-3).

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Team looks totally different since he has been playing.
              He has become a very positive in what has turned out to be so-so season with two games left. Expectations were high and injury's (it happens and no excuses) and I hate to say it but the defense just did not come through, plus too many penalty's (discipline lacks again). Add that Ferguson then got injured and was not what many expected so this is a positive in a long season...sometimes there is a silver lining. Hoping for two wins in the next few weeks and then wait and cling to a chance at getting in...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I hear you... But I'm talking about the future of this season.

We've seen a typically inept Red offense this year. Swayman being super-human is the only reason that Maine isn't, say, 3-7 right now. This team can't finish (getting used to it) and Swayman can't be All-Universe every night, can he?

Not seeing an NCAA team unless he does exactly that. Not holding my breath on that one. Maine looks essentially as they have for the past 5 years, to me, aside from Sway being absolutely superb.
                I think that we all know for the team to move forward, that Swayman will be called upon to be the guy that carries the team...sadly your right that there are just spots of offence and that makes it even harder. What I do like about this team is they play hard, play hungry hockey even thou the talent level is not what we all would like. Tough part will be after the UNH series they hit the road for a long spell and only at the end of the year do they play home for close to a month. It will be a hard road to tow, but so far they have peek my interest in coming to the rink and giving the other teams fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  S***, I guess.

This kid is seriously good, and if Maine wins-out they'll have a shot at a low seed.
                  Lets hope..!

Comment

Highlights...
                    https://youtu.be/97mIO7n8mQU

On that last goal VMT has to either get down to block the shot or get in his grill and tie up his stick. I am not sure what kind of defense that was but it isn’t the kind that wins games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Highlights...

On that last goal VMT has to either get down to block the shot or get in his grill and tie up his stick. I am not sure what kind of defense that was but it isn’t the kind that wins games.
                      He was spectating, looked like he figured sway would make the save and was looking for the pass to netfront, a little lazy. Wicked nice shot though, found the little hole.

Nice strong net play goal by JSS and nice snipe by Fossier. Good to see those types of goals which has been lacking.
                      Last edited by NorthMike; 11-10-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Highlights...

VMT is pretty awful, unfortunately. I'd say he's easily the worst D-man on the team. I want him to do well and be good, but he really just isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          VMT is pretty awful, unfortunately. I'd say he's easily the worst D-man on the team. I want him to do well and be good, but he really just isn't.
                          I wasn’t impressed with Lindelow either on that Berglund goal. He could have kept his feet going on backcheck and used his stick to rattle the shooter. Instead he peels of and appears to head toward the bench for a line change or something. It just isn’t a natural play... poor defense. To be honest I don’t know what Lindelows role is if it isn’t defensive forward. Because he isn’t a scorer. Just puzzling and awkward... very poor backchecking. Maine might be very good if they focused and did all the little defensive details proper.

Comment

I wasn’t impressed with Lindelow either on that Berglund goal. He could have kept his feet going on backcheck and used his stick to rattle the shooter. Instead he peels of and appears to head toward the bench for a line change or something. It just isn’t a natural play... poor defense. To be honest I don’t know what Lindelows role is if it isn’t defensive forward. Because he isn’t a scorer. Just puzzling and awkward... very poor backchecking. Maine might be very good if they focused and did all the little defensive details proper.
                            I personally would like to see Brady Gaudette back in the lineup. I liked what I saw of him the few games he was in the lineup, he's always going 100 mph and brings a physical presence to the game. Personally I'd rather him on the 4th line than Lindelow or Rennaker.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              The 5-3-2 start is still the best through 10 games in the Red Gendron Era. The 2013 Bears started 5-4-1. Maine hasn't won six of the first 10 since 2010 (6-1-3).
                              Well, Tip, anything we could call "the best of the Gendron era" is pretty-much equivalent to saying that "that dog sh** doesn't smell as bad as that chicken sh**."

But it will, eventually, if history is any guide.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-10-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all the VET's today and beyond..!(Past/Present and Future Men & Women) They give us a chance to be us on these threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X