Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

There was no joy in Orono.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    With all that being said, I think there are some things to feel good about. Maine should have itís best goaltending since 2004.
    Iíll maybe buy 06-07, these guys wonít touch Bishop and Lundin.

They gotta win more than 12 games right? I mean woof. Hopefully 15-18?

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    I’ll maybe buy 06-07, these guys won’t touch Bishop and Lundin.

They gotta win more than 12 games right? I mean woof. Hopefully 15-18?
    I like Swayman...no he's not in the CLASS of the stud goaltenders Maine has had...but I like his game...he plays hard and for the team, he just see's too much shots per game...and the defense is poor and the discipline in the whole team in general puts him in tough situations...and hoping that Matthew Thiessen can take some of Swaymans game into his own...as I think(imo)that this will be Swaymans last season at Maine, thinking here the Bruins bring him over to start his career...most likely in the ECHL then up to the AHL and from there who knows...goaltenders take longer to develop and most NHL teams stress patience in young goaltenders...with that said Thiessen getting a few starts and getting practice time in and getting used to College Hockey and what might be his turn come his Sophomore season.

Georgia Southern 26 Maine 18

Wonder if the AD will go ham on the NCAA for this mess at Kent State for field hockey. Maine should be awarded a win.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Wonder if the AD will go ham on the NCAA for this mess at Kent State for field hockey. Maine should be awarded a win.
    That was BS, but the women weren't playing kent state, they played them today I believe. Hopefully they crushed them. Talk about treating women like 2nd class citizens. Kent State should be ashamed.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    That was BS, but the women weren't playing kent state, they played them today I believe. Hopefully they crushed them. Talk about treating women like 2nd class citizens. Kent State should be ashamed.
    Too bad, the ladies got beat today. 0 and 3 start unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    They were playing Temple...0-0 double overtime which when canceled was declared a EHIBITION...they played the following day(which Maine lost)...but to add to insult from the day before...the FH game was being played on a different field, NOT on the FB field. You can't make it up story....shame on KS big time.
    Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 09-09-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Ah. Well Temple doesnt deserve to lose either.

Why wasnt it simply a tie? They canít have ties in that sport? I see about 1 tie per year in D3 baseball or softball on account of darkness in extra innings, whats the difference here? Tie seems like easy fix that wouldve drawn a bit less national ridicule to Kent State

Black Bear since D-2

Ah. Well Temple doesnt deserve to lose either.

Why wasnt it simply a tie? They canít have ties in that sport? I see about 1 tie per year in D3 baseball or softball on account of darkness in extra innings, whats the difference here? Tie seems like easy fix that wouldve drawn a bit less national ridicule to Kent State
    I haven't looked that result up yet, but I will say that FH ties are very commonplace in my experience. Wondering why that contest went sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    They were playing Temple...0-0 double overtime which when canceled was declared a EHIBITION...they played the following day(which Maine lost)...but to add to insult from the day before...the FH game was being played on a different field, NOT on the FB field. You can't make it up story....shame on KS big time.
    It depends on what was agreed on ahead of time. If Kent State was doing a favor to Maine and Temple Iím not sure why they should be criticized so much. They have to look out for their own interests first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    It depends on what was agreed on ahead of time. If Kent State was doing a favor to Maine and Temple Iím not sure why they should be criticized so much. They have to look out for their own interests first.
    Ken Ralph put out a statement, its on the bears website. Sounded like a raw deal. There was an agreement to host the game.

https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/9/9/general-maine-athletic-director-ken-ralph-issues-statement-on-maine-temple-field-hockey-game.aspx

Of note from his statement:

"While it is well known Kent State University had indicated back in May the field was not available after 10:30 am, it is also clear that there is a full executed contract authorizing a 9:00 am start. Once you allow a game to commence, you are obligated to allow the game to continue to conclusion.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 09-10-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Ken Ralph put out a statement, its on the bears website. Sounded like a raw deal. There was an agreement to host the game.

https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/9/9/general-maine-athletic-director-ken-ralph-issues-statement-on-maine-temple-field-hockey-game.aspx

Of note from his statement:

"While it is well known Kent State University had indicated back in May the field was not available after 10:30 am, it is also clear that there is a full executed contract authorizing a 9:00 am start. Once you allow a game to commence, you are obligated to allow the game to continue to conclusion.
    Sounds like poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Sounds like poor planning.
    More from BDN article - kent state made a mess:

The game began at 9 a.m. and both schools had in May been informed that they would need to vacate the field by 10:30 a.m. due to fire marshal regulations, even though the fireworks didn’t start until noon.

However, Ralph said the written contract for the game had no mention of a 10:30 a.m. stop and that Kent State failed to communicate what steps would be taken if the game was still in progress at that time.

Kent State Director of Athletics Joel Nielsen on Monday issued a statement with an apology to all involved. “On behalf of the Kent State University athletic department, I would like to apologize to the University of Maine and Temple University for the decisions made surrounding the field hockey contest,” he said. “In hindsight, a different decision should have been made to ultimately ensure the game reached its conclusion. We hold ourselves to a very high standard and, in this situation, we failed.”

The National Field Hockey Coaches Association issued a statement condemning Kent State’s actions.

This is off topic, but thought others would enjoy our biggest alum getting face time on talk shows. He really is amazing.

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/12/arts-culture/stephen-king-has-been-sharing-his-negative-opinion-of-susan-collins-on-the-talk-show-circuit/

This is off topic, but thought others would enjoy our biggest alum getting face time on talk shows. He really is amazing.

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/12/arts-culture/stephen-king-has-been-sharing-his-negative-opinion-of-susan-collins-on-the-talk-show-circuit/
    Yuh, thumbs up. 👍

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Yuh, thumbs up. ��
    I do think that her heart is in the right place, usually...

But, she trusted The Turtle, who would whore-out his own daughter to "win" another term, and that was a huge miscalculation on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I do think that her heart is in the right place, usually...

But, she trusted The Turtle, who would whore-out his own daughter to "win" another term, and that was a huge miscalculation on her part.
    Ok

The lady field hockey got a W against BU today.
    Ok, its sort of hockey talk.

Black Bear since D-2

Ok
    Well, he offered her a deal on health-care, and then he reneged. Collins should have seen that coming a mile away.

In the meantime, he's in bed with the very same Chinese "investors" that Trump is feuding with, in his own back-***-ward State of Kentucky.

You can look that up.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-13-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Thread Information