Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1003

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Black Bear since D-2

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    They won't sweep
    10 bucks say they do. SLU is a bottom-5 team nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Maine has scored 4 goals this game, and none of them were 5 on 5. One shorthanded, one 4 on 4, and two PPG.
    This is positive. They play even (and probably mediocre) for 2 periods then catch fire in the 3rd. Score 3 plus an empty netter and win as theyíre supposed to vs STL. Game means very little for PWR or KRACH but Maine beats a lesser team 5-2 as theyíre supposed to. I also expect this team to sweep the series. Million $$ question...who starts in goal tomorrow night. One of the few apparent opportunities to give Sway a rest.

https://twitter.com/maineicehockey/status/1200599879573049344?s=21

This is the short handed goal by Smith. What skating ability to use the skates to shuffle the puck past the defenseman. A beauty of a goal.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    If Swayman starts, they sweep for sure. If Thiessen starts, who knows. I would bet they still win, but it obviously becomes more of a challenge.

This is the goal by Dawe. How many times have we seen guys just hack at the puck and miss the net from there. He corals it, gets the handle, dekes a bit, make goalie go down, and buries it with poise. That is a great sign.

https://twitter.com/maineicehockey/status/1200603401941221376?s=21

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    This is the goal by Dawe. How many times have we seen guys just hack at the puck and miss the net from there. He corals it, gets the handle, dekes a bit, make goalie go down, and buries it with poise. That is a great sign.

https://twitter.com/maineicehockey/s...941221376?s=21
    If Maine had 12 Dawes, we could talk.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

You forget who is coaching the team?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

I like his play, he's all out player that gives his all each and every shift...can't teach that...but maybe 4 more, I don't want to be too greedy...

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You forget who is coaching the team?
    Sadly nobody can forget that

I am not opposed to it. Might need a few left shots though.

Trust me, you will still be talking in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I like his play, he's all out player that gives his all each and every shift...can't teach that...but maybe 4 more, I don't want to be too greedy...
    Another guy of similar size that did very well last night was Drobot. I thought that was his best game Iíve seen him play so far. He got away on a couple of rushes, once on the goalie alone and was close to scoring. He had a great unselfish play on that empty net assist to Smith. Most players see an open net and no matter who is trying to block it they try for it. But he handed it off to Smith. He covers a lot of ground and is a great penalty killer. Iíd like to see him playing up on third line more even after Westerlund comes back. He might have some scoring/playmaking abilities that are hidden due to his role as a defensive forward. Maybe he can develop some chemistry with Smith and Shea on the third line.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Another guy of similar size that did very well last night was Drobot. I thought that was his best game Iíve seen him play so far. He got away on a couple of rushes, once on the goalie alone and was close to scoring. He had a great unselfish play on that empty net assist to Smith. Most players see an open net and no matter who is trying to block it they try for it. But he handed it off to Smith. He covers a lot of ground and is a great penalty killer. Iíd like to see him playing up on third line more even after Westerlund comes back. He might have some scoring/playmaking abilities that are hidden due to his role as a defensive forward. Maybe he can develop some chemistry with Smith and Shea on the third line.
    I'd actually like to see him maybe play with Westerlund and Smith and put Shea on the 4th line. I don't think Shea is very good honestly, he looks slow most of the time and tries to do way too much by himself.

I'd actually like to see him maybe play with Westerlund and Smith and put Shea on the 4th line. I don't think Shea is very good honestly, he looks slow most of the time and tries to do way too much by himself.
    Maybe if Shea played wing he could play lower corners and net front. and he could use his strength to battle down low and near the net front. He got that OT game winner by going hard to the net. Need to see if something can spark some offense on that third line.

Just as an FYI... Maine girls come on in 15 minutes against Dartmouth again on espn plus. In case anyone wants to watch.

Iím likely going to regret posting this in a few hours, but I was pretty happy with the win last night and honestly feel pretty good about where the program is right now. Itís nice to see some guys improve from last year and more than anything else Maine is finally back to being overall fairly solid. They still have a ways to go in the years to come but at least at this point the foundation is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Iím likely going to regret posting this in a few hours, but I was pretty happy with the win last night and honestly feel pretty good about where the program is right now. Itís nice to see some guys improve from last year and more than anything else Maine is finally back to being overall fairly solid. They still have a ways to go in the years to come but at least at this point the foundation is there.
    I generally agree with you, though I do have some concerns about the future. The biggest question for me (assuming we all expect Swayman to leave for Boston after this year) is will Tralmaks stay for his senior season? If so, the team might not change much despite the departure of Fossier, as Breen looks to be a high-profile recruit who can make an impact. If Tralmaks leaves early, it could become a sizeable hole with scoring in an already borderline scoring challenged team. Swayman's successor is also a question, we all hope Theissen can fill it in but he has been questionable to say the least so far. The defense I actually think is pretty good, and with another year to gel and mature they could get even better. If Gould shows up next year and replaces VMT that could be further improvement. But the program is more stable than it used to be, I'm sure, even if I wasn't around as much back then.
    Last edited by amkirby10; 11-30-2019 at 06:29 PM.

I generally agree with you, though I do have some concerns about the future. The biggest question for me (assuming we all expect Swayman to leave for Boston after this year) is will Tralmaks stay for his senior season? If not, the team might not change much despite the departure of Fossier, as Breen looks to be a high-profile recruit who can make an impact. If Tralmaks leaves early, it could become a sizeable hole with scoring in an already borderline scoring challenged team. Swayman's successor is also a question, we all hope Theissen can fill it in but he has been questionable to say the least so far. The defense I actually think is pretty good, and with another year to gel and mature they could get even better. If Gould shows up next year and replaces VMT that could be further improvement. But the program is more stable than it used to be, I'm sure, even if I wasn't around as much back then.
    Pretty good. You should also say you want Morrissey, and Renwick.

F me. He lost an edge. Terrible call.

bus legs big time.

1-0 StLawrence.

Same thing. No o from Maine.

Thread Information