This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I like his play, he's all out player that gives his all each and every shift...can't teach that...but maybe 4 more, I don't want to be too greedy...
    Another guy of similar size that did very well last night was Drobot. I thought that was his best game I’ve seen him play so far. He got away on a couple of rushes, once on the goalie alone and was close to scoring. He had a great unselfish play on that empty net assist to Smith. Most players see an open net and no matter who is trying to block it they try for it. But he handed it off to Smith. He covers a lot of ground and is a great penalty killer. I’d like to see him playing up on third line more even after Westerlund comes back. He might have some scoring/playmaking abilities that are hidden due to his role as a defensive forward. Maybe he can develop some chemistry with Smith and Shea on the third line.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Another guy of similar size that did very well last night was Drobot. I thought that was his best game I’ve seen him play so far. He got away on a couple of rushes, once on the goalie alone and was close to scoring. He had a great unselfish play on that empty net assist to Smith. Most players see an open net and no matter who is trying to block it they try for it. But he handed it off to Smith. He covers a lot of ground and is a great penalty killer. I’d like to see him playing up on third line more even after Westerlund comes back. He might have some scoring/playmaking abilities that are hidden due to his role as a defensive forward. Maybe he can develop some chemistry with Smith and Shea on the third line.
      I'd actually like to see him maybe play with Westerlund and Smith and put Shea on the 4th line. I don't think Shea is very good honestly, he looks slow most of the time and tries to do way too much by himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        I'd actually like to see him maybe play with Westerlund and Smith and put Shea on the 4th line. I don't think Shea is very good honestly, he looks slow most of the time and tries to do way too much by himself.
        Maybe if Shea played wing he could play lower corners and net front. and he could use his strength to battle down low and near the net front. He got that OT game winner by going hard to the net. Need to see if something can spark some offense on that third line.

Comment

• Just as an FYI... Maine girls come on in 15 minutes against Dartmouth again on espn plus. In case anyone wants to watch.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

I’m likely going to regret posting this in a few hours, but I was pretty happy with the win last night and honestly feel pretty good about where the program is right now. It’s nice to see some guys improve from last year and more than anything else Maine is finally back to being overall fairly solid. They still have a ways to go in the years to come but at least at this point the foundation is there.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I’m likely going to regret posting this in a few hours, but I was pretty happy with the win last night and honestly feel pretty good about where the program is right now. It’s nice to see some guys improve from last year and more than anything else Maine is finally back to being overall fairly solid. They still have a ways to go in the years to come but at least at this point the foundation is there.
              I generally agree with you, though I do have some concerns about the future. The biggest question for me (assuming we all expect Swayman to leave for Boston after this year) is will Tralmaks stay for his senior season? If so, the team might not change much despite the departure of Fossier, as Breen looks to be a high-profile recruit who can make an impact. If Tralmaks leaves early, it could become a sizeable hole with scoring in an already borderline scoring challenged team. Swayman's successor is also a question, we all hope Theissen can fill it in but he has been questionable to say the least so far. The defense I actually think is pretty good, and with another year to gel and mature they could get even better. If Gould shows up next year and replaces VMT that could be further improvement. But the program is more stable than it used to be, I'm sure, even if I wasn't around as much back then.
              Last edited by amkirby10; 11-30-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I generally agree with you, though I do have some concerns about the future. The biggest question for me (assuming we all expect Swayman to leave for Boston after this year) is will Tralmaks stay for his senior season? If not, the team might not change much despite the departure of Fossier, as Breen looks to be a high-profile recruit who can make an impact. If Tralmaks leaves early, it could become a sizeable hole with scoring in an already borderline scoring challenged team. Swayman's successor is also a question, we all hope Theissen can fill it in but he has been questionable to say the least so far. The defense I actually think is pretty good, and with another year to gel and mature they could get even better. If Gould shows up next year and replaces VMT that could be further improvement. But the program is more stable than it used to be, I'm sure, even if I wasn't around as much back then.
                Pretty good. You should also say you want Morrissey, and Renwick.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

F me. He lost an edge. Terrible call.

Comment

• bus legs big time.

1-0 StLawrence.

Comment

• Same thing. No o from Maine.

Comment

bus legs big time.

1-0 StLawrence.
                        I'd call it red legs. He must bore the heck out of those guys in the locker room. No motivation skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          I'd call it red legs. He must bore the heck out of those guys in the locker room. No motivation skills.
                          They usually come back. Red must be a vegetarian.

Comment

They usually come back. Red must be a vegetarian.
                            Imagine the excuses. Well, we were surrounded by hostile in their high school rink. But they brought nearly 700 fans.

Comment

Working...
                            X