Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Experience was terrible. It was cold, the speakers they have at the end of section E basically deafen anyone nearby it but it canít be heard towards the earlier sections in A/B/C apparently, seating is uncomfortable and the netting made it difficult to see play. Didnít attempt to get any food so canít speak on that aspect but yeah I wasnít impressed.
    That netting looked terrible on the stream too...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The seam of the net and the top of the glass is in the sightlines of most every seat for a lot of the ice. It's pretty bad.

Totally agree! It made for very poor viewing. Almost looked blurry.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Nanooks cannot just keep holding on in the third period when they have a lead. Same thing happened at Michigan Tech, and one of these times they wonít be able to hold on long enough. We need more offense in second half like we did Friday at Penn State.
    I thought UAA pretty much controlled play the last half of the third period. Shots were pretty much even by then, but they were outshot badly in the first.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldnít at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. Itís like, do the people at UAA realize this isnít at mites tournament? You canít operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. Thereís no hope for these people.

Were you able to get sound at flo? I was getting the rocket mortgage commercial, then as soon as the game started it was dead. I used three different browers, as well as two different computers and I could not get the sound. I watched other games that were played last night with no issues. Very frustrating.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldn’t at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. It’s like, do the people at UAA realize this isn’t at mites tournament? You can’t operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. There’s no hope for these people.
    Can't argue with that statement. But in their defense, they had a lot on their plate just getting everything else ready for the season, such as the visiting teams locker rooms, etc.
    Last edited by Suze; 10-27-2019 at 11:39 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldnít at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. Itís like, do the people at UAA realize this isnít at mites tournament? You canít operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. Thereís no hope for these people.
    Still better than the Sullivan...

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Were you able to get sound at flo? I was getting the rocket mortgage commercial, then as soon as the game started it was dead. I used three different browers, as well as two different computers and I could not get the sound. I watched other games that were played last night with no issues. Very frustrating.
    No sound for me online or the app. And the netting combined with the video zoomed in and moving around made me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    No sound for me online or the app. And the netting combined with the video zoomed in and moving around made me dizzy.
    Nothing to worry about. Being a Nook you're naturally dizzy.
    And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

No audio for me but I didn't watch long, couldn't handle the netting and it was a long work day.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Nice win for the Seawolves. Seeing freshmen get 6 points between them on the night is encouraging. Nice freshman class with speed and scoring talent. It's something to build on.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold

Will make for a fun series in Fairbanks for once.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

UAA won a game! I repeat! UAA WON A GAME!!!

Will make for a fun series in Fairbanks for once.
    Oh come on. We beat you last season 4-1 up there. We swept you in Fairbanks two years ago. We split the series up there in 16-17. So in the past 3 years UAA won 4 of the 6 games in Fairbanks. Where does this "for once" come from?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Oh come on. We beat you last season 4-1 up there. We swept you in Fairbanks two years ago. We split the series up there in 16-17. So in the past 3 years UAA won 4 of the 6 games in Fairbanks. Where does this "for once" come from?
    Iím saying itíll make the overall governors cup competition interesting for once.

I’m saying it’ll make the overall governors cup competition interesting for once.
    I don't have the stats, but I know the winner of the cup has been determined numerous times by a shoot out.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

A nice win by UAA last night. Look forward to a lot more wins for the team this year. We know it is just one game but every win is big for UAA. No comment on watching the game I'm just happy that Kurt is on the radio as he does a great job broadcasting the game. Being in Texas now I miss seeing the games. There is not as much info on this forum as there was in years past but that is understandable seeing how the UAA program has declined over the years. I don't post on this forum very often but when I look at it I always enjoy reading Suze's posts! Old friends from sitting in section 213 for many years. Will be back to Anchorage next month and hope to maybe take in a game. Go Sea Wolves!

Blogger
    18-19: UAF won it 3-1
    17-18: 6 game series, UAF swept the first 4. UAA swept last series at UAF in Matt Thomasí last games.
    16-17: 5 game series, UAF won 4-1
    15-16: UAF basically swept 3-0-1-1
    14-15: 2-2 with UAF shootout win.

Itís been a little while

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    Repeat

Thread Information