Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The Cup and Michigan Tech are a package deal, dating back to 1951. Where Tech goes, the Cup goes. Period. Paragraph.

And there goes your chance of ever getting near it.
    Oh, how will we ever survive.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    The Cup and Michigan Tech are a package deal, dating back to 1951. Where Tech goes, the Cup goes. Period. Paragraph.

And there goes your chance of ever getting near it.
    Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Bummer
    Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow!

Six straight weekends with a split, but hey, we are getting points every week. This week against Ferris was the first weekend in that time we actually played good enough to win both games. Minus a couple bad mistakes on Friday of course. After what we have been through against Tech the last five years, it would be really nice to sweep the season series, but realistically with how they are playing, I would feel good with another split this week. Go Nooks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow!
    Happy Thanksgiving to Seawolf Nation and 'Nook Nation.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Saw UAF’s Nolan Kaiser vs UAA’s Brody Claeys tonight in the SPHL at Huntsville.

Congrats to the Nanooks for a gritty win tonight. I was so disgusted with the UAA game that I watched the last half of the third period of the Nanook game. The way UA_ held the puck in the Tech zone for 4 straight minutes, and changed out their players until the Tech players were dead tired ... then scored the game winner ... it was a thing of beauty.

Tonight's UAA game, not so much. I thought UAA outplayed Ferris in the first and second periods, and out shot them overall 29-22. They played well enough to get some points ... but Stead had a really "off" night. Was he even ready to play when Ferris scored that first WEAK goal? No excuse!!!
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Coach Emeritus

Honest question. If you make all this effort to rebrand as just "Alaska", why do you have some guy yelling "U-A-F" on the PA during the game?

Honest question. If you make all this effort to rebrand as just "Alaska", why do you have some guy yelling "U-A-F" on the PA during the game?
    UAA fans have been asking themselves that question ever since UA_ made the change to Alaska". I think they have an identity crisis, and the reason I started referring to them as UA_.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Well we are the Alaska Nanooks, from the University of Alaska FAIRBANKS. Personally I like UAF better and we like to chant that at games. Not to mention it bothers those down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Congrats to the Nanooks for a gritty win tonight. I was so disgusted with the UAA game that I watched the last half of the third period of the Nanook game. The way UA_ held the puck in the Tech zone for 4 straight minutes, and changed out their players until the Tech players were dead tired ... then scored the game winner ... it was a thing of beauty.

Tonight's UAA game, not so much. I thought UAA outplayed Ferris in the first and second periods, and out shot them overall 29-22. They played well enough to get some points ... but Stead had a really "off" night. Was he even ready to play when Ferris scored that first WEAK goal? No excuse!!!
    What a great third period, first time this season winning a game when trailing after two periods. After a crazy two minute sequence to start the second, we had a great response. That last goal was crazy, dominating the play for so long. Wish we could play that way on the powerplay, though we have been better at that the last couple games. Hoping for another sweep after all these splits. GoNanooks!!

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Athletics are branded as the Alaska Nanooks but the university itself is still the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Could you imagine the uproar from Anchorage elitists if we rebranded all of UAF as Alaska University? Or just only call ourselves University of Alaska? UAA is already trying to get rid of UAF completely and make themselves known as Alaska State University or something of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Athletics are branded as the Alaska Nanooks but the university itself is still the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Could you imagine the uproar from Anchorage elitists if we rebranded all of UAF as Alaska University? Or just only call ourselves University of Alaska? UAA is already trying to get rid of UAF completely and make themselves known as Alaska State University or something of that nature.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

This is from an outsider, but I'm slightly confused as to the goalie choice this year in Anchorage. Carlson has a considerably better save %, and GAA, but Stead is getting the Friday night starts. Is there more to the story.

As an aside, I also couldn't figure out why Claeys didn't play more last year. Injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    This is from an outsider, but I'm slightly confused as to the goalie choice this year in Anchorage. Carlson has a considerably better save %, and GAA, but Stead is getting the Friday night starts. Is there more to the story.

As an aside, I also couldn't figure out why Claeys didn't play more last year. Injuries?
    I believe it was personal issues with Claeys. As far as Stead, he has played much better than what we saw last night. But many more nights like that and he may well lose his Friday night start, IMHO.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Because it annoys the Seawolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Because it annoys the Seawolves.
    Based on everyone using the moniker "UA_", it makes the University look dumb. And of course UAA fans are all in.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Based on everyone using the moniker "UA_", it makes the University look dumb. And of course UAA fans are all in.
    University of Minnesota does the same thing?? Are you telling me the Gophers, when they do their “M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A” chant, that they need to clarify they are the Twin Cities campus?

Everyone associates the Gophers as being the University of Minnesota even though they are technically the University of Minnesota Twin Cities...but there’s still University of Minnesota Duluth and other University of Minnesota campuses...

Don’t take the bait. We have been over this a million times. The proper response to any of these comments/questions is “Seawolves Suck,” then just move on.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

It annoys you the most!

Thread Information