Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    "Camo" gets some Anchorage daily" if you can afford it" news ink. nice write up 40......

It's a great day to be a Seawolf
    https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...hose-who-cant/

Great article!!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.

It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
    Bowlin Green ... Ringleader of the Kramden Cup Buss League...........

Workem' Boy's ................ It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Here is a link to the KTUU article about Brandon.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Hu...A1xucQ9zz0RUZw
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Bowlin Green ... Ringleader of the Kramden Cup Buss League...........

Workem' Boy's ................ It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
    Can’t help but laugh at all the tweets from BG hockey about having fun in Alaska. Guess they better enjoy it while they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Can’t help but laugh at all the tweets from BG hockey about having fun in Alaska...
    They may be singing a different tune this February in Fairbanks. Hoping for some sort of -45F and stranded bus story...
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Roll along you BG Warriors!

Can’t help but laugh at all the tweets from BG hockey about having fun in Alaska. Guess they better enjoy it while they can.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Classy real Classy standing on the furniture. a typical hillbilly behavior in public
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Classy real Classy standing on the furniture. a typical hillbilly behavior in public
    Hillbillies? In northwest Ohio? Clearly you’re not familiar with the geography. “Hicks” would be a more appropriate term.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Here is a link to the KTUU article about Brandon.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Hu...A1xucQ9zz0RUZw
    Good to see success for a Humboldt survivor. Also good to see some success for the Seawolves,
    Surprised Seawolves wasn't in the top ten potential names for Seattle's NHL team,
    GO DU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Hillbillies? In northwest Ohio? Clearly you’re not familiar with the geography. “Hicks” would be a more appropriate term.
    The Hillbilly did it.......... the Hick is the "adult" who let him stand on funiture and took his picture .

Btw even that limp wrist bear would turn him into a steaming pile of scat.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-15-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by vizoroo View Post
    Good to see success for a Humboldt survivor. Also good to see some success for the Seawolves,
    Surprised Seawolves wasn't in the top ten potential names for Seattle's NHL team,
    Already taken by the (2x defending champion) rugby team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Already taken by the (2x defending champion) rugby team.
    This, plus it’s a lousy name in general.

The Nanooks score in a loss for the first time since game one of this season. If we can get our special teams figured out, this could be an excellent season. Hoping for a split and stay at the top of the conference for another week. Go Nooks!

When the Nanooks bring their A game they can hang with anybody. Tonight proved that again. If we figure out how to do that on consecutive nights we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Not happy with the results, but last nights game was much closer than the score indicates, IMO. The Seawolves had glorious scoring opportunities, many hard one timers in the slot, but Dop stood on his head. It's tough when you run into a very hot goalie. And speaking of Dop, he should be nicknamed Dopper the Flopper. That "penalty" on Rylee St. Onge was a joke. Rylee skated between Dop and his net, didn't even touch him, and Dop fell down like he had two broken legs.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blogger

When the Nanooks bring their A game they can hang with anybody. Tonight proved that again. If we figure out how to do that on consecutive nights we will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Indeed, and without Hope, which was a huge blow. I thought having Steven Jandric and Cline together on the same line was awesome. I like Zohovs play at center, but he needs to figure out how to win faceoffs. He's going to be a special player to watch. Komuls is also turning out to be an awesome defender, which is great because it sounds like Weiss might be hurt for a little bit.

Before the road trip, it sounded like Van Tetering was close, which is huge in Hope's absence. Doyle has done well at center, and Troy could move to wing to fill Hope's shoes. We'll see...
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Oh, good grief.

GFM
    Rebels tapped out........

Rebels tapped out........
    The Rebels are in Oxford, Miss. North Alabama is in that part of the South that wouldn't claim to be Dixie during the Wah.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Well crap, UAH wants out...

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Well crap, UAH wants out...
    Very little on the web, just the same article floating around and the stuff from the tech guide

Thread Information