Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    That netting looked terrible on the stream too...
    Were you able to get sound at flo? I was getting the rocket mortgage commercial, then as soon as the game started it was dead. I used three different browers, as well as two different computers and I could not get the sound. I watched other games that were played last night with no issues. Very frustrating.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
      Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldn’t at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. It’s like, do the people at UAA realize this isn’t at mites tournament? You can’t operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. There’s no hope for these people.
      Can't argue with that statement. But in their defense, they had a lot on their plate just getting everything else ready for the season, such as the visiting teams locker rooms, etc.
      Last edited by Suze; 10-27-2019, 10:39 AM.
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
        Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldn’t at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. It’s like, do the people at UAA realize this isn’t at mites tournament? You can’t operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. There’s no hope for these people.
        Still better than the Sullivan...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Were you able to get sound at flo? I was getting the rocket mortgage commercial, then as soon as the game started it was dead. I used three different browers, as well as two different computers and I could not get the sound. I watched other games that were played last night with no issues. Very frustrating.
          No sound for me online or the app. And the netting combined with the video zoomed in and moving around made me dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
            No sound for me online or the app. And the netting combined with the video zoomed in and moving around made me dizzy.
            Nothing to worry about. Being a Nook you're naturally dizzy.
            And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-26-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

No audio for me but I didn't watch long, couldn't handle the netting and it was a long work day.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nice win for the Seawolves. Seeing freshmen get 6 points between them on the night is encouraging. Nice freshman class with speed and scoring talent. It's something to build on.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Will make for a fun series in Fairbanks for once.

Comment

UAA won a game! I repeat! UAA WON A GAME!!!
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      Will make for a fun series in Fairbanks for once.
                      Oh come on. We beat you last season 4-1 up there. We swept you in Fairbanks two years ago. We split the series up there in 16-17. So in the past 3 years UAA won 4 of the 6 games in Fairbanks. Where does this "for once" come from?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Oh come on. We beat you last season 4-1 up there. We swept you in Fairbanks two years ago. We split the series up there in 16-17. So in the past 3 years UAA won 4 of the 6 games in Fairbanks. Where does this "for once" come from?
                        I’m saying it’ll make the overall governors cup competition interesting for once.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          I’m saying it’ll make the overall governors cup competition interesting for once.
                          I don't have the stats, but I know the winner of the cup has been determined numerous times by a shoot out.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A nice win by UAA last night. Look forward to a lot more wins for the team this year. We know it is just one game but every win is big for UAA. No comment on watching the game I'm just happy that Kurt is on the radio as he does a great job broadcasting the game. Being in Texas now I miss seeing the games. There is not as much info on this forum as there was in years past but that is understandable seeing how the UAA program has declined over the years. I don't post on this forum very often but when I look at it I always enjoy reading Suze's posts! Old friends from sitting in section 213 for many years. Will be back to Anchorage next month and hope to maybe take in a game. Go Sea Wolves!

Comment

18-19: UAF won it 3-1
                              17-18: 6 game series, UAF swept the first 4. UAA swept last series at UAF in Matt Thomas’ last games.
                              16-17: 5 game series, UAF won 4-1
                              15-16: UAF basically swept 3-0-1-1
                              14-15: 2-2 with UAF shootout win.

It’s been a little while
                              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
                                Repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X