Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WillH View Post
    A nice win by UAA last night. Look forward to a lot more wins for the team this year. We know it is just one game but every win is big for UAA. No comment on watching the game I'm just happy that Kurt is on the radio as he does a great job broadcasting the game. Being in Texas now I miss seeing the games. There is not as much info on this forum as there was in years past but that is understandable seeing how the UAA program has declined over the years. I don't post on this forum very often but when I look at it I always enjoy reading Suze's posts! Old friends from sitting in section 213 for many years. Will be back to Anchorage next month and hope to maybe take in a game. Go Sea Wolves!
    Hi Will! Are you watching the games on flohockey TV? That's what we do. After 27 years we didn't get season tickets, and we watch online. We are getting a roku so we can watch on our big screen TV with their app. The 200 mile drive every weekend (often times in bad winter weather) was getting old. Tell Dori I said hi!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    18-19: UAF won it 3-1
    17-18: 6 game series, UAF swept the first 4. UAA swept last series at UAF in Matt Thomasí last games.
    16-17: 5 game series, UAF won 4-1
    15-16: UAF basically swept 3-0-1-1
    14-15: 2-2 with UAF shootout win.

Itís been a little while
    #FactChecked

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Nothing to worry about. Being a Nook you're naturally dizzy.
    And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    It's only one win out of 2 league games, but so far I like what I see. They not only shut out UA_ (who has proven they have goal scorers), but they went 50% on the power play and did not allow a power play goal against. The guys simply looked like they wanted to win! Maybe it's the excitement from the freshmen, but whatever it is, it is great to see.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    #FactChecked
    You were referencing the games played in FAIRBANKS. I simply gave you those particular stats.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    You were referencing the games played in FAIRBANKS. I simply gave you those particular stats.
    I was referencing just governors cup competition. Not that they were played in Fairbanks. I said Fairbanks because thatís the last time we will play one another for the Cup. I would have said Anchorage if the final games were in Anchorage. Sorry I canít spell out the full context of what I mean over a message board and that you over analyze every single thing I say.
    Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-27-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    18-19: UAF won it 3-1
    17-18: 6 game series, UAF swept the first 4. UAA swept last series at UAF in Matt Thomasí last games.
    16-17: 5 game series, UAF won 4-1
    15-16: UAF basically swept 3-0-1-1
    14-15: 2-2 with UAF shootout win.

Itís been a little while
    spin it any way you want The bottom line.........

94-72-12
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    spin it any way you want The bottom line.........

94-72-12
    That deficit keeps getting smaller and smaller every year though!

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    I was referencing just governors cup competition. Not that they were played in Fairbanks. I said Fairbanks because thatís the last time we will play one another for the Cup. I would have said Anchorage if the final games were in Anchorage. Sorry I canít spell out the full context of what I mean over a message board and that you over analyze every single thing I say.
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to "over analyze" you. I just misunderstood you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Glad to see the Seawolves playing competitive hockey so far.

Blogger
    Repeat
    From my perspective, itís too early to tell. There was a lot of sloppy hockey this weekend. By both teams. Arguably you could say that defense forced the issue. Iím not of that opinion completely.

Youíve got a line that can score goals and make plays. How that line continues to grow as the season progresses will be the difference. One trick ponies donít last long. Game film study will learn tendencies and young players struggle to adjust.

Nanooks lack scoring. Severely. There are some lines with chemistry but I really feel like the penalty troubles and heavy usage of guys on special teams weigh down and tire out some lines disproportionally, so guys are forced to rotate in even strength to keep the energy up and plays just arenít there.

Also the Nanooks did not have their heart on the ice on Saturday. Debatably they didnít have it Friday either but Saturday certainly lacked spark. That needs to change, whether itís teammates or coaching getting guys amped to win, efforts like that canít happen.

Lots of home games now for the Nanooks to regroup and build on. Parents weekend also coming right up for this one against BSU

Hi Will! Are you watching the games on flohockey TV? That's what we do. After 27 years we didn't get season tickets, and we watch online. We are getting a roku so we can watch on our big screen TV with their app. The 200 mile drive every weekend (often times in bad winter weather) was getting old. Tell Dori I said hi!
    No not watching on flohockey TV. I may try it later on see how the guys do. I listened to the game on the radio with Kurt Hieder. If the guys pull it together and get to winning few games we had considered to going to a game in Alabama for a weekend to see the games. There had to be a time this summer where they weren't sure they would be playing. Hope they can get those issues with the state resolved. We have to hope for the best for UAA. As I said before I look for your comments on how the team is doing. Rather sad it seems to be so little interest but then as we have said before fans aren't going to pay to watch a team that doesn't put some W's. My best to you and Mr. Suze!

And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    Repeat
    And some nook fans have reading comprehension issues.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-28-2019 at 12:55 PM.

The Nooks play BSU at home this week. They are a good team. If we play them like we played this past weekend we will get smoked both games. Figure it out boys.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    WCHA Rookie of the Week
    Nick Wicks, Fr., F, Alaska Anchorage

Freshman forward Nick Wicks was a major factor in Alaska Anchorage's 94th victory over in-state rival Alaska on Saturday evening. The Delta, B.C., native schooled them twice and assisted on a third goal in the Seawolf spanking, which capped off the first weekend

of on-campus play for UAA in 36 years. The two goals are the first of Wicks' career and came on five shots in the contest. Wicks also won a team-high nine faceoffs on the night. This is Wicks' first of more to come WCHA weekly honor's.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-28-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    WCHA Rookie of the Week
    Nick Wicks, Fr., F, Alaska Anchorage

Freshman forward Nick Wicks was a major factor in Alaska Anchorage's 94th victory over in-state rival Alaska on Saturday evening. The Delta, B.C., native schooled them twice and assisted on a third goal in the Seawolf spanking, which capped off the first weekend

of on-campus play for UAA in 36 years. The two goals are the first of Wicks' career and came on five shots in the contest. Wicks also won a team-high nine faceoffs on the night. This is Wicks' first of more to come WCHA weekly honor's.
    Thanks for the info, a well deserved honor!! He's gonna be fun to watch, and I am so glad his dad was there to see him score!

Honorable Mention: Kristian Stead, So., Alaska Anchorage: Recorded his second career shutout, stopping 29-of-29 shots, in the Seawolves' 4-0 win over Alaska on Saturday.
    Last edited by Suze; 10-28-2019 at 09:52 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Was able to snag two tickets for Fridays game against UNO. Does anyone know if they sell beer and what the prices are like? I would assume like the Sully but since the Gov Cup games were sold out, this will be my first game at the SSC. Thanks

Thanks for the info, a well deserved honor!! He's gonna be fun to watch, and I am so glad his dad was there to see him score!
    A well deserved honour. He is from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska1986 View Post
    Was able to snag two tickets for Fridays game against UNO. Does anyone know if they sell beer and what the prices are like? I would assume like the Sully but since the Gov Cup games were sold out, this will be my first game at the SSC. Thanks
    Bring a wad of sawbucks and be happy you are lucky enough to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenskates View Post
    A well deserved honour. He is from Canada
    Touche!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska1986 View Post
    I have not been there, but I was told beer is $9.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information