Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

For what its worth, I find watching games at the Wells Fargo complex much preferable to the Sullivan arena. Much better atmosphere and more fan involvement just due to how close to the ice you are.

The team looked alot better than they have in the past couple of years, which helps alot too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    For what its worth, I find watching games at the Wells Fargo complex much preferable to the Sullivan arena. Much better atmosphere and more fan involvement just due to how close to the ice you are.

The team looked alot better than they have in the past couple of years, which helps alot too!!
    It's like a Private Hockey Game for the Loyal Fans of Seawolf Hockey in the Brush Christiansen Hockey Center.......... not much Riff Raff rolling in.

But......Suprise Suprise a few closet fans got busted....you don't "just happen to get tickets in the beer section " for every game at the Chuck Homan Rink.

It's a Great Day to be a Seawolf......
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-04-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Frozen Solid

Is Heider on the road with UAA this year?
    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9K View Post
    No - just the game up in Fairbanks.
    Last edited by Suze; 11-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9K View Post
    Kurt Haider didn't travel to Huntsville so we'll listen to a somewhat less accomplished local call on Flo Hockey this weekend.
    We also should be able to listen to the guy with the unique tone in his voice call the nooks game following our game. I think his name is Bruce but if it isn't I'm sure Ill be corrected by someone on here.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2019 at 06:07 PM.

So good news today in the sports world of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    So good news today in the sports world of Alaska.
    Just listened to Bruce do an interview during the UA_ game. Both UAA and UA_ hockey teams will have a 2020-2021 season!

What a game tonight in Huntsville! The Seawolves should have won that game. More penalty problems and some sloppy passes cost them. Still, it was nice to get the 2 points and it's also great to see these guys scoring goals every game!
    Last edited by Suze; 11-08-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Just listened to Bruce do an interview during the UA_ game. Both UAA and UA_ hockey teams will have a 2020-2021 season!

What a game tonight in Huntsville! The Seawolves should have won that game. More penalty problems and some sloppy passes cost them. Still, it was nice to get the 2 points and it's also great to see these guys scoring goals every game!
    I really liked the overall tone from the chancellors but there were some regents who claim to support athletics but the undertone of their statements said otherwise to me so I am still nervous on the future and I hate that we have to take this season by season.

Good game in Fairbanks tonight. The Nooks beat ASU 4-3 with a late third period goal by Kylar Hope.
    Freshman Filip Fornåå Svensson with his first two collegiate goals tonight. I hope they nickname him something simple like "Phil".

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Good game in Fairbanks tonight. The Nooks beat ASU 4-3 with a late third period goal by Kylar Hope.
    Freshman Filip Fornåå Svensson with his first two collegiate goals tonight. I hope they nickname him something simple like "Phil".

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    The guys call him Philly.

Hey, who from Alaska was texting me yesterday? Heh. Totally cool, I just didn't have your number in my phone.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Hey, who from Alaska was texting me yesterday? Heh. Totally cool, I just didn't have your number in my phone.

GFM
    Ha. My question is, who had YOUR number?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
    Was it about how much you can make weekly by working from home?…don’t worry, totally legit. Or it was from Alaska Hockey. Either way the text was probably a little sketchy.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Ha. My question is, who had YOUR number?
    Actually, I'm 95% sure that Alaska Hockey has the number. That said, finding contact numbers for me is trivial: my cell phone is probably everywhere, and my desk phone is a government asset that routes after four rings to my government cell phone.

That said, I don't answer my phone very often!

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Seawolves win another game!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Seawolves win another game!
    UAA had a strong first and third period. Even if some of those calls were iffy, they gotta stay out of the box. We had my birthday celebration at our daughters house tonight and watched the game on their big screen smart TV. I missed the 5 minute major - was it a good call?

I wonder if the guys will refer to Stead as a "Spider Monkey"? HAHA. I have never heard a goalie referred to in that manner, so funny.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Oh, good grief.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.
    5 points on an away weekend.
    It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Was it about how much you can make weekly by working from home?…don’t worry, totally legit. Or it was from Alaska Hockey. Either way the text was probably a little sketchy.
    Speaking of work from home this tops that......Wow . Your Dream Village job is coming ...night security at the _airbanks dump?

Don't tell me.......looters?
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    And I think this Seawolf team is better then a lot of folks are giving it credit for.

It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
    "Camo" gets some Anchorage daily" if you can afford it" news ink. nice write up 40......

It's a great day to be a Seawolf

Thread Information