Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

For what its worth, I find watching games at the Wells Fargo complex much preferable to the Sullivan arena. Much better atmosphere and more fan involvement just due to how close to the ice you are.

The team looked alot better than they have in the past couple of years, which helps alot too!!

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
      For what its worth, I find watching games at the Wells Fargo complex much preferable to the Sullivan arena. Much better atmosphere and more fan involvement just due to how close to the ice you are.

The team looked alot better than they have in the past couple of years, which helps alot too!!
      It's like a Private Hockey Game for the Loyal Fans of Seawolf Hockey in the Brush Christiansen Hockey Center.......... not much Riff Raff rolling in.

But......Suprise Suprise a few closet fans got busted....you don't "just happen to get tickets in the beer section " for every game at the Chuck Homan Rink.

It's a Great Day to be a Seawolf......
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Is Heider on the road with UAA this year?
        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
          No - just the game up in Fairbanks.
          Last edited by Suze; 11-07-2019, 05:54 PM.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
            Kurt Haider didn't travel to Huntsville so we'll listen to a somewhat less accomplished local call on Flo Hockey this weekend.
            We also should be able to listen to the guy with the unique tone in his voice call the nooks game following our game. I think his name is Bruce but if it isn't I'm sure Ill be corrected by someone on here.
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

So good news today in the sports world of Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                So good news today in the sports world of Alaska.
                Just listened to Bruce do an interview during the UA_ game. Both UAA and UA_ hockey teams will have a 2020-2021 season!

What a game tonight in Huntsville! The Seawolves should have won that game. More penalty problems and some sloppy passes cost them. Still, it was nice to get the 2 points and it's also great to see these guys scoring goals every game!
                Last edited by Suze; 11-08-2019, 10:52 PM.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Just listened to Bruce do an interview during the UA_ game. Both UAA and UA_ hockey teams will have a 2020-2021 season!

What a game tonight in Huntsville! The Seawolves should have won that game. More penalty problems and some sloppy passes cost them. Still, it was nice to get the 2 points and it's also great to see these guys scoring goals every game!
                  I really liked the overall tone from the chancellors but there were some regents who claim to support athletics but the undertone of their statements said otherwise to me so I am still nervous on the future and I hate that we have to take this season by season.

Comment

Good game in Fairbanks tonight. The Nooks beat ASU 4-3 with a late third period goal by Kylar Hope.
                    Freshman Filip Fornåå Svensson with his first two collegiate goals tonight. I hope they nickname him something simple like "Phil".

Go Nooks!
                    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      Good game in Fairbanks tonight. The Nooks beat ASU 4-3 with a late third period goal by Kylar Hope.
                      Freshman Filip Fornåå Svensson with his first two collegiate goals tonight. I hope they nickname him something simple like "Phil".

Go Nooks!
                      #RuleTheNorth
                      The guys call him Philly.
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey, who from Alaska was texting me yesterday? Heh. Totally cool, I just didn't have your number in my phone.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Hey, who from Alaska was texting me yesterday? Heh. Totally cool, I just didn't have your number in my phone.

GFM
                          Ha. My question is, who had YOUR number?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            Was it about how much you can make weekly by working from home?…don’t worry, totally legit. Or it was from Alaska Hockey. Either way the text was probably a little sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Ha. My question is, who had YOUR number?
                              Actually, I'm 95% sure that Alaska Hockey has the number. That said, finding contact numbers for me is trivial: my cell phone is probably everywhere, and my desk phone is a government asset that routes after four rings to my government cell phone.

That said, I don't answer my phone very often!

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Seawolves win another game!
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X