Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 274

Thread: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

  1. #81
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Not the result we wanted however a dramatic turn around from Friday.
    You guys deserved to win tonight. The Seawolves played a great game and executed their system perfectly. They outworked Maine dramatically and played a tight, tough physical game I really respected.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Findlay, OH USA
    Posts
    499

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    SWEEP!
    The Nooks sweep MTU with a hard fought 2-1 win on Saturday night. SOGs 24-21 MTU. The Nooks controlled play for the first two periods, until all the extra curricular activities at the buzzer. The Huskies smelled a little blood and the Nooks seemed like they skated a man down for the first 8 or 9 minutes of the third. But the Nooks were able to hang in for the win. Nook goals by Thompson and C. Jandric. MTU goal by Pietila.

    Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    Congratulations to the Nanooks! I hope that both you and Anchorage are able to work through the financial issues facing your state and continue to be an active part of this great sport of college hockey.

  3. #83
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    Congratulations to the Nanooks! I hope that both you and Anchorage are able to work through the financial issues facing your state and continue to be an active part of this great sport of college hockey.
    Level heads will prevail in the state issue. It's the defective 7 that **** me off the most.

  4. #84
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Not the result we wanted however a dramatic turn around from Friday.
    Did the pass in OT come off the glass funny or the ref's shoulder? I can see the goal deflected off a d-man's skate. Two bad breaks on the same play.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Did the pass in OT come off the glass funny or the ref's shoulder? I can see the goal deflected off a d-man's skate. Two bad breaks on the same play.
    Here is a link to highlights in case you want to review it. Looked to me like the UAA player tried to clear it off the glass, bounced of the ref. Definitely some puck luck there.

    https://youtu.be/73P7XYGf178

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Findlay, OH USA
    Posts
    499

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Level heads will prevail in the state issue. It's the defective 7 that **** me off the most.
    Level heads and politicians do not go hand in hand however.

  7. #87
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,827

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Here is a link to highlights in case you want to review it. Looked to me like the UAA player tried to clear it off the glass, bounced of the ref. Definitely some puck luck there.

    https://youtu.be/73P7XYGf178
    Bad breaks and lack of puck luck. Yep, that's my team.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  8. #88
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    Level heads and politicians do not go hand in hand however.
    Well... You're not wrong. Especially here.

  9. #89
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    354

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.

  10. #90
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,827

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.
    At this point I'm guessing that flohockey will be your only option. Bring your laptop with you.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.
    Lots of conflicting stories on ticket availability floating around.
    Perhaps your best bet would be to drop by the ticket office at the Alaska Airlines Center arena and ask to get the straight scoop on ticket availability.

  12. #92
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    354

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Lots of conflicting stories on ticket availability floating around.
    Perhaps your best bet would be to drop by the ticket office at the Alaska Airlines Center arena and ask to get the straight scoop on ticket availability.
    Yikes. Certainly not the greatest of situations, but probably the best for the program. Hopefully it doesn't keep students away. Money-wise, you think they'd at least play this series at the Sullivan knowing it always draws the biggest crowd.

    Hopefully I'll get a seat and outcheer your student section again
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,836

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Yikes. Certainly not the greatest of situations, but probably the best for the program. Hopefully it doesn't keep students away. Money-wise, you think they'd at least play this series at the Sullivan knowing it always draws the biggest crowd.

    Hopefully I'll get a seat and outcheer your student section again
    Better win big at Bingo or get lucky at Pull Tabs. .............The scalpers will not be cheap.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-14-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  14. #94
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Yikes. Certainly not the greatest of situations, but probably the best for the program. Hopefully it doesn't keep students away. Money-wise, you think they'd at least play this series at the Sullivan knowing it always draws the biggest crowd.

    Hopefully I'll get a seat and outcheer your student section again
    It says to check back the week of the game to get tickets for every single series so Iím hoping this is just a tactic done to make sure they arenít selling seats to people who wonít come. Otherwise I imagine us Nook fans can come up with another solution somehow to cheer on our boys.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,836

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    It says to check back the week of the game to get tickets for every single series so Iím hoping this is just a tactic done to make sure they arenít selling seats to people who wonít come. Otherwise I imagine us Nook fans can come up with another solution somehow to cheer on our boys.

    More like what mom used to do......"I'll tell you no later"
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  16. #96
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    The Alaska Nanooks are CHN team of the week.
    Good job boys. Keep it rolling at Penn State Thursday night.

    Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  17. #97
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    The Alaska Nanooks are CHN team of the week.
    Good job boys. Keep it rolling at Penn State Thursday night.

    Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    Thatís awesome!!!

  18. #98
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,827

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    The Alaska Nanooks are CHN team of the week.
    Good job boys. Keep it rolling at Penn State Thursday night.

    Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth
    Wow, you guys have played DU, Tech and now Penn St? UAA has had one series, against Maine, and won't have another one until they take on the Nanooks. I think the Nooks have a definite advantage.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  19. #99
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Yep, we should be in game shape as we head into the rest of the conf schedule. The down side is we donít have a bye weekend until Dec 13, which is the weekend before break. So we donít have a stretch to really work on problem areas, or to give anyone a chance to heal up from any injuries or catch up on academics if necessary. Just hope we stay healthy. But we should be firing on all cylinders for the Gov Cup. We will either be p**$ed if we lose to PSU, or playing with confidence if we beat them.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,836

    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Yep, we should be in game shape as we head into the rest of the conf schedule. The down side is we donít have a bye weekend until Dec 13, which is the weekend before break. So we donít have a stretch to really work on problem areas, or to give anyone a chance to heal up from any injuries or catch up on academics if necessary. Just hope we stay healthy. But we should be firing on all cylinders for the Gov Cup. We will either be p**$ed if we lose to PSU, or playing with confidence if we beat them.
    Are you drinking again?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •