Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Just watched the hype video for the Seawolves homecoming weekend vs the Alaska Nanooks, which includes a lengthy segment on where and how to park on campus for the hockey games. How difficult could it be? The place only holds 750…the entire fan base could fit into one big clown car.
    A hype video with parking instructions? Sounds lit.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Seems like someone in the wcha office forgot we are still currently in the league. Anton Martinsson has 65 saves on 68 shots, including a 35 save shutout at Penn State and doesn’t even get an honorable mention for goaltender of the week.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
        Seems like someone in the wcha office forgot we are still currently in the league. Anton Martinsson has 65 saves on 68 shots, including a 35 save shutout at Penn State and doesn’t even get an honorable mention for goaltender of the week.
        Was he nominated by his coach, SID or AD? I believe that the athletes have to be nominated by someone in their respective athletic department to make the list.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          Was he nominated by his coach, SID or AD? I believe that the athletes have to be nominated by someone in their respective athletic department to make the list.
          No it's decided purely by the league office.
          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
            With a 7-0 loss, it's hard to overcome the optics to award anyone a player of the week honor even with the impressive effort Friday.
            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
              The vote was probaly 7-3
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                With a 7-0 loss, it's hard to overcome the optics to award anyone a player of the week honor even with the impressive effort Friday.
                Maybe if he didn’t play at all on Thursday and all he had was the Friday shutout it would have been better in their eyes. But even in the first game he played excellent in relief.

Comment

Yes, it is decided by the league office, but players do need to be nominated by their schools SID's for consideration. For some reason, Martinson did not get nominated by UAF's SID.

Comment

• UAF vs UAA this weekend...

Does anyone have an opinion on how this weekends' 1st round Gov Cup games wil shake out?

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      Just watched the hype video for the Seawolves homecoming weekend vs the Alaska Nanooks, which includes a lengthy segment on where and how to park on campus for the hockey games. How difficult could it be?

Depends on if you want to pay the $5 or if you want to park for free. If ya don't know which is which, watch the video.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
                        Does anyone have an opinion on how this weekends' 1st round Gov Cup games wil shake out?
                        I wouldn’t be surprised to see a split, but if we get consistent goaltending I can see the Nanooks sweeping. Hoping that the video stream is watchable and there aren’t too many bugs to work out in these first home games.

Comment

• Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
                          In four out of our six games, we have scored early (within six minutes) of puck drop in the first period. Three of those games were wins, and the fourth (G1 against Denver) was tied until almost the last minute. If we continue that trend against UAA, we will be fine. With the exception of one bad game against Penn State, goaltending has been solid too.

Nooks should take two this weekend, but weird things happen in this rivalry and UAA won’t want to get swept in their first games back on campus. Should be interesting.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I hear Decade of Dominance is quite the documentary.
                            Hard to argue that.
                            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              In four out of our six games, we have scored early (within six minutes) of puck drop in the first period. Three of those games were wins, and the fourth (G1 against Denver) was tied until almost the last minute. If we continue that trend against UAA, we will be fine. With the exception of one bad game against Penn State, goaltending has been solid too.

Nooks should take two this weekend, but weird things happen in this rivalry and UAA won’t want to get swept in their first games back on campus. Should be interesting.

Agreed.... I agree that the key for UAF is to play with a lead against UAA. Just dont think the Sewolves will have the firepower to be a strong come from behind team. I like the Nanook's chances, as they have most of their top scorers, their D-corp and two good goalies back from last year. They also have some key new Euro recuits that have all made an immediate impact. Think they just have more overall talent than UAA does right now. They also have the advantage in playing six games thus far to UAA's two. Not to mention that UAF has played very tough against two top 10 teams already. I think they can shut down UAA's offense, but it is a rivalry, so everyhting I just said means little once the puck drops. Should be fun to see how it plays out.

Comment

I’ll say for this series the same thing I will say for every series this season: If UAA wins a game I’ll be surprised.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X