Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Good to see success for a Humboldt survivor. Also good to see some success for the Seawolves,
    Surprised Seawolves wasn't in the top ten potential names for Seattle's NHL team,
    Already taken by the (2x defending champion) rugby team.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Already taken by the (2x defending champion) rugby team.
      This, plus it’s a lousy name in general.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

The Nanooks score in a loss for the first time since game one of this season. If we can get our special teams figured out, this could be an excellent season. Hoping for a split and stay at the top of the conference for another week. Go Nooks!

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

When the Nanooks bring their A game they can hang with anybody. Tonight proved that again. If we figure out how to do that on consecutive nights we will be a force to be reckoned with.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Not happy with the results, but last nights game was much closer than the score indicates, IMO. The Seawolves had glorious scoring opportunities, many hard one timers in the slot, but Dop stood on his head. It's tough when you run into a very hot goalie. And speaking of Dop, he should be nicknamed Dopper the Flopper. That "penalty" on Rylee St. Onge was a joke. Rylee skated between Dop and his net, didn't even touch him, and Dop fell down like he had two broken legs.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              When the Nanooks bring their A game they can hang with anybody. Tonight proved that again. If we figure out how to do that on consecutive nights we will be a force to be reckoned with.
              Indeed, and without Hope, which was a huge blow. I thought having Steven Jandric and Cline together on the same line was awesome. I like Zohovs play at center, but he needs to figure out how to win faceoffs. He's going to be a special player to watch. Komuls is also turning out to be an awesome defender, which is great because it sounds like Weiss might be hurt for a little bit.

Before the road trip, it sounded like Van Tetering was close, which is huge in Hope's absence. Doyle has done well at center, and Troy could move to wing to fill Hope's shoes. We'll see...
              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Oh, good grief.

GFM
                Rebels tapped out........
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Rebels tapped out........
                  The Rebels are in Oxford, Miss. North Alabama is in that part of the South that wouldn't claim to be Dixie during the Wah.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well crap, UAH wants out...
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      Very little on the web, just the same article floating around and the stuff from the tech guide

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Isn’t it somewhat old news now? Not sure how the Techsters are claiming credit for this breaking alert.

Comment

Isn’t it somewhat old news now? Not sure how the Techsters are claiming credit for this breaking alert.
                          It's not new, but its never been published other than speculation here because UAH chose not to publicize it. I called to confirm it was true beyond the comments made on the WCHA thread, which is the only place I had heard it. When working on our first episode of our podcasts I got called out for claiming something without a source as fact so I took it upon myself to put it out there in the open after confirming.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So we own all the Wcha everything........Quitter Alewrt...... Buss people and Rebels don't pack off nothing at the office not even empty's. .........
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              So we own all the Wcha everything........Quitter Alewrt...... Buss people and Rebels don't pack off nothing at the office not even empty's. .........
                              Does Tech still own the MacNaughton or does that stay?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                                Does Tech still own the MacNaughton or does that stay?
                                Michigan Tech is still the trustee of the MacNaughton Cup, where they go, the Cup goes.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X