X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think we should start accentuating our commonalities now, not our differences.

Once we are measuring the drapes we can start backbiting again. Until then you are all my bestest of friends.
    Hey I agree...but maybe go back and read the exchange all I did was agree with you.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Hey I agree...but maybe go back and read the exchange all I did was agree with you.
      I'm shaking my fist at the clouds not you.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Agreed. We gotta cut trix some slack though this is a gut punch. And it seemingly came out of nowhere. He wants to believe...cant blame him for that.
        It's amazing how quickly the idea that Warren is just Hillary 2: Electric Boogaloo with stolen Bernie policies has metastasized in his head. It's almost like reading only far-left sources (The Root, Mother Jones, whatever the DSA's version of Pravda is called) is just as bad for you as only reading all of the far-right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          As if members of Congress have a co-pay.
          how come tD never uses this in his standard rally?

should bring up bernie and bernie's health plan. ask the crowd why congress, if they love obamacare so much, didn't sign up for it.

then he can tout his 'plan' with the cheap, cover nothing insurance get some cheers
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

After having 2 stents put in? I guarantee plenty do.

You can live in denial about this...but his campaign is not going to survive this.
            It might, but even if he won all the way, he'd be dead within a year of the Presidency unless he plans to govern as lazily as Sniffles.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Dang. I thought she was in her mid-60s at worst.

so cute
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Yes, we all know how important health is in this day and age. Just look at the fine physical specimen currently in the Oval Office.
                That you think this is an argument in Bernie's favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I think we should start accentuating our commonalities now, not our differences.

Once we are measuring the drapes we can start backbiting again. Until then you are all my bestest of friends.
                  That worked so well in 2004 and 2016.

Of course, we're fooling ourselves if we think any of this theater matters. As soon as the Articles of Impeachment are presented the odds are decent that the United States descends into chaos (not quite civil war, but certainly civil unrest). This isn't going to be resolved at the ballot box next November.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    The stent will be weaponized against him when he's back on the campaign trail and the other candidates think it's safe to do so. Illin' Bernie's support will not grow now that he's so publicly had a health scare. And make not doubt about it - it's a health scare, one where most people will not look beyond the surface of knowing that something was implanted into the man and it had to do with his heart. Rationalize all you want, the optics are against the man.
                    No doubt the corporate media is going to do that but it really depends how much you think most people care about those outlets after 2016.
                    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    non-factor =/= in favor

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      No doubt the corporate media is going to do that but it really depends how much you think most people care about those outlets after 2016.
                      It has nothing to do with CORPORATE MEDIA sending out its message and everything to do with people looking at the facts, ones that don't even have to be altered. He just had two stents put in place. People know Gramps So-And-So had one of those and he has a heart condition. Can't vote for a guy who's gonna drop dead in two years, so it's on to candidate B
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm saying it doesn't matter. Their guy was a walking heart attack waiting to happen and they still managed to make Hillary's health a campaign issue. We could run Michael Phelps and they would find a reason to question his health (perhaps that whacky tabaccy)

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          non-factor =/= in favor
                          Keep telling yourself that.

Comment

It has nothing to do with CORPORATE MEDIA sending out its message and everything to do with people looking at the facts, ones that don't even have to be altered. He just had two stents put in place. People know Gramps So-And-So had one of those and he has a heart condition. Can't vote for a guy who's gonna drop dead in two years, so it's on to candidate B
                            So if you can't vote for a guy at risk of dropping dead in two years, why did 62 million people vote for Sniffles?

Incidentally, my mother had the heart stent five years ago and the ticker is just fine. People may know Grandpa had "one of those" but also know he's healthy as a horse since.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              It's amazing how quickly the idea that Warren is just Hillary 2: Electric Boogaloo with stolen Bernie policies has metastasized in his head. It's almost like reading only far-left sources (The Root, Mother Jones, whatever the DSA's version of Pravda is called) is just as bad for you as only reading all of the far-right ones.
                              I've pointed out various differences here many times. If you literally don't think the lives of ppl outside of America matter then maybe you can argue they're similar in terms of rhetoric but that's about it. And as far as I know Medium isn't a far left publication and there's a good detailed post about how she's worse on climate change, healthcare, her past and her willingness to fight capital and the corrupted members of the democratic party, the fact that her grass roots funding strategy is clearly a gimmick when you dig into the details of how she transferred corporate money from her senate run to this race and has already vowed to take corporate money against Trump when it becomes more politically convenient, her foreign policy is objectively worse, her education plan and love of high stakes testing and charter schools is objectively worse, and the fact that she's almost certainly more likely to lose to Trump with her baggage.

No, sorry, she's not as good as Bernie and it's just as dumb as when people argued that Hillary is 90% the same as Bernie or whatever the claim was.
                              Keep telling yourself that.
                              Just telling you what he was arguing, sorry you can't comprehend basic posts.

Comment

Sure, like if that's literally the only factor you're considering then it's a pretty easy decision. Fortunately some of us are smarter than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X