This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

I mean she is taking money from Kaiser and has vowed to take big donor money in the general... that is a bit concerning if you actually care about healthcare being reformed in any serious way.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I mean she is taking money from Kaiser and has vowed to take big donor money in the general... that is a bit concerning if you actually care about healthcare being reformed in any serious way.
      Warren has sworn off taking part in big money fundraisers for the 2020 presidential primary. She has also promised to not take donations from special interest groups. She finished raising at least $19 million in the second quarter mainly through small-dollar donors. The third quarter ends Monday.

Comment

Bernie Sanders is on Colbert tonight. Wonder what they'll talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Bernie Sanders is on Colbert tonight. Wonder what they'll talk about.
          Hentai?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Once upon a time Kaiser was one of the good companies. I don't know if this is still true.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Hentai?
              I literally just spit out my beer. That was great.

Edit: OMG. I read this back to my girlfriend.
              *both laugh*
              Her: We need to watch that tonight!
              Me: Hentai?!?
              Her: no, Colbert
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-26-2019, 08:28 PM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Right, except Kaiser is one of her top donors as well as Kamala’s so that’s not true... this is verifiable via FCC reporting.
                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Once upon a time Kaiser was one of the good companies. I don't know if this is still true.
                It’s not, their workers were recently striking.

Comment

Right, except Kaiser is one of her top donors as well as Kamala’s so that’s not true... this is verifiable via FCC reporting.It’s not, their workers were recently striking.
                  Well this is awkward...
                  Bernie accepted twice as much from Kaiser as Warren

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-pre...s?id=N00033492

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-pre...s?id=N00000528
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Right, except Kaiser is one of her top donors as well as Kamala’s so that’s not true... this is verifiable via FCC reporting.It’s not, their workers were recently striking.
                    I could be misreading opensecrets but it looks to me like neither Warren nor Sanders has taken corporate money from Kaiser. They both have taken money (lots of money) from people who work for Kaiser.

Comment

Actually yeah, that might be what I’m seeing as well. Either way, even if this isn’t good, Bernie is doing worse.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Actually yeah, that might be what I’m seeing as well. Either way, even if this isn’t good, Bernie is doing worse.
                        A lot of it depends on who those individuals are. If those are corporate officers, then yeah, it's a problem. If it's doctors and nurses and secretaries and the like, then not so much. Technically, if I go over $200 this cycle (not likely, but possible) I'll be listed as a US Government employee because I work part time for the Commerce Department. Does that mean I'm automatically a Trump guy?
                        Last edited by ticapnews; 09-26-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Alright my bad, that actually makes more sense.

That said her campaign being grass roots primarily is something she recently adopted and wasn’t the case in past elections nor, by her own words, will it be during the general which is a valid concern.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-26-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Exactly, nobody cares about your stupid philosophical argument that can be broken down pretty easily (the idea that "hard work" is how billionaires accrued their wealth lmfao). Society runs better when billionaires pay a higher share of taxes, period. We can see this from our country's history and other countries that have similar tax structures currently.
                            Then simply close all the tax shelter/breaks/etc loopholes. If you make x, you pay y. Period. No, you can't write that off. No, you can't exempt that. Makes more sense than paying 90% taxes on income that could still be avoided using those loopholes.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Then simply close all the tax shelter/breaks/etc loopholes. If you make x, you pay y. Period. No, you can't write that off. No, you can't exempt that.
                              Well yeah, I don’t really disagree with this as long as it’s done at a progressive tax rate which is what Sanders and Warren are proposing. As far as closing loopholes Sanders proposed a high frequency financial tax which ensures that at least some of the money traded on Wall St. is captured. He’s also proposed various methods for ending offshore tax havens https://www.sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/CORPTA%20FAIRNESSFACTSHEET.pdf
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-26-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Wall Street Dem donors say no Warren or else

Makes me want to like Warren more
                                If they seriously do give money to Dump, then you name and shame them. As I told my mom earlier tonight when she clutched her pearls over Schiff's paraphrasing of the transcript, I'm beyond tired of nutless Dems.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-27-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X