X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    If he gets the nom he's a magical rainbow Jesus dinosaur riding a flying unicorn.
    The longer this stays 20 people the more likely it is. He is playing it perfect for a field this large because he has the name recognition so he doesnt need to hit home runs and he has the added bonus of when he screws up the pundits spend more time caring about whether people were mean to him or not.

The loser of Warren and Bernie is going to hold the Party in their hands. If they endorse each other Biden goes down. If they dither at all all bets are off. As of now I have faith.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      This is a very telling graphic

Warren seems to have extraordinarily wide appeal. With IRV, she’d be the candidate.
      We are moving towards ranked choice voting in the primary in Maine (we’ve ditched the caucus for this election, but it won’t be until next presidential primary that we have ranked choice)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Why is Bari Weiss a joke? Because she dares call out the Left for their form of AntiSemitism? She cleaned Krystal Ball's (I think that was her name seriously) clock on the Palestinian issue. The American Left only cares about Palestinians when it is Israel being demonized. Where is the hate for Lebanon who still has them in glorified concentration camps? (wait...can I say that?) Where is the hate for Jordan (our ally) who slaughtered them and kicked them out pretty much everywhere including the West Bank? No one talks about that they talk about that just like they dont talk about how the only reason Palestine doesnt exist today is because of Palestinians not Israelis.

Sorry but on the Antisemitism issue Bari Weiss isnt the joke...the people who cant admit the Left has a problem with it are. I bet she ticks off all sorts of people at the Times these days because she dares think for herself.
        Dr. Mrs. turned to me during the show and said, "Bari Weiss is the girl in grad school who took one undergrad woman's studies class, completely bought into the concepts uncritically, and now regurgitates them back to educated feminists as if she's speaking truth to power while they look away embarrassed for her."

She's an idiot. Krystal Ball (god, that's right) tore her to shreds.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Lol at handy doing whataboutism to defend his favorite apartheid state.

Comment

I think it’s our governments stance on Israel that is why people refer to them and not the Jordanians. Because bari was right that people do ignore those other nations. The squad has also said some dumb things.

I cannot believe her name was Krystal Ball and she was way more intelligent than someone with that name should be.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              It's not anti-Semitic to boycott Israel. That (blatantly cynical) criticism reminds me of the Republicans in the 80s who argued that divestment from South Africa was actually contrary to the needs of the black South Africans, and that Mandela was a communist terrorist who belonged in jail because if he ever got out there would be a white genocide.

There are plenty of Zionists who also understand that Israel's current trajectory is towards an authoritarian ethnostate. Hell, even Tommy Friedman called it 20 years ago: Israel can either go on as it is or be a democratic nation, but not both.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I cannot believe her name was Krystal Ball and she was way more intelligent than someone with that name should be.
                Exactly. When they announced her I thought, "oh, great." But she was awesome. The Israel stuff was just a minor unimportant part of the show anyway. She completely rocked schooling Maher on his weak-as-s 80s cowardice to defend liberalism as liberalism. He still thinks it's a Boomer Nation. It's not. We're dying; not quickly enough but significantly. The Squad's the future -- that's why Dump is there: he's the death throes of the weak-minded, hypocritical, amoral Reagan coalition that destroyed this country.
                Cornell University

Comment

Dr. Mrs. turned to me during the show and said, "Bari Weiss is the girl in grad school who took one undergrad woman's studies class, completely bought into the concepts uncritically, and now regurgitates them back to educated feminists as if she's speaking truth to power while they look away embarrassed for her."

She's an idiot. Krystal Ball (god, that's right) tore her to shreds.
                  She may be an idiot about feminist issues (though Haberman has her beat by leaps and bounds) but on the Antisemitism stuff she has you all destroyed. Krystal Ball (her parents should be shot!) tried turning it into a "false equivalency" argument and failed miserably. Bari, and most Jews, arent saying The Left are White Supremacist (which was the BS argument Ball was trying to equivocate) she is saying they have more of a systemic form. The Far Lefts love affair with BDS is a perfect example of that. Ball couldnt wrap her head around it and had no retort to the fact that other actors are way worse to Palestinians but the Left kisses up to them.

You and Dr. Mrs. saw what you wanted to see. (and I probably did as well although at least she spoke in facts unlike Ball) Bari Weiss has a much better handle on Antisemitism than you could ever have. She may be a moron on every other issue under the sun (and trust me I think she is most of the time) but on this one she is on the nose. I have seen that kind of stuff firsthand from people who are supposed to be the Highminded Left. They think if they couch their thoughts in BS Intellectualism (or pretending they care about others like the Palestinians) it makes it less Antisemitic...much like they think it makes their misogyny or racism acceptable. It doesnt.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

...and that Mandela was a communist terrorist who belonged in jail because if he ever got out there would be a white genocide.
                    They're still out there.

Comment

"If you disagree with my opinion you hate my people."

Bari Weiss is Steve King with smaller boobs.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        There are Dumpies the world over.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          It's not anti-Semitic to boycott Israel
                          Well yeah, there are plenty of Jewish people who advocate that. It’s a silly conflation aimed at shutting down debate by pseudo woke liberals and fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            I am not doing anything of the kind. You need to learn how to read...or better yet how to actually study a problem, study its history and then think for yourself. If you actually ever read anything I have ever saidf about Israel and its current government you would know how pathetically wrong your post was. But you dont, because then you cant make your little jabs. Which is fine, we all enjoy proving you wrong

I NEVER DEFEND WHAT ISRAEL DOES. I have been for a 2 (usually 3 cause of Jerusalem) state solution for longer than I could vote. (and I bet it predates you knowing anything about the situation) I was for the Oslo Accords. I am for them still. I want nothing more than a Palestinian State for about 3 dozen reasons. I want Netanyahu to be in prison and his whole gaggle of Right Wing losers out of office almost as much as I want Trump out of office. They have done more to destroy Israel than the Palestinians and other groups could ever do.

That doesnt somehow invalidate the truth though. Palestine doesnt exist because the Palestinians blew up the peace process. (then the Likud doused it in gasoline and lit a match on the dead carcass) America only focuses on one bad actor...if the Left truly cared about the Palestinians they would go after ALL the people who treat them bad. The Left cares about Palestinians about as much as most Muslim nations do. They are just a pawn in a much larger game. I support Palestine because they are to the Muslim World what the Jews were to Europe. Hated by everyone, used by everyone, and killed by everyone when it is convenient. They need a sovereign land where no one can mess with them. That land should be part of the current State of Israel. (not Jerusalem) And no that doesnt mean it should STILL be part of Israel...Israel should give up the land for peace.

I dont want Israel to annex the West Bank, I dont want them putting up walls or fences. I want peace. I want Israel and Palestine to co-exist. You can pretend that isnt the truth all you like (and you will) but I have said that forever and will til the end. I dont even want terrorists to die (would rather they be imprisoned) why the hell would I want Palestinians to die or be subjugated? They could (and should) be each other's best ally. Not many People's have that kind of shared world experience.

But yeah...definitely into the Apartheid State. Definitely with Israel 100% always have been...except when I am not. I will bet I have spent more time arguing for a Palestinian State over the years than you have. The Palestinian State is the key the peace process.

Any other smartazz comments you want me to destroy? Maybe you can call me a Centrist again and I could thoroughly destroy that one for old time's sake
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"If you disagree with my opinion you hate my people."

Bari Weiss is Steve King with smaller boobs.
                              She is not good at arguing that is for sure. Its why she works for the NYTimes

I will concede she sucks at debate, but her points are legit. Maybe she is best just doing the research and letting others make her point for her?!

She also probably needs to step back because she is obviously still raw about the mass shooting at her synagogue. Her tone changed quite a bit after that...never much liked her and really still dont just think she does a good job pointing out things on this issue that often get lost by the MSM.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 09-14-2019, 01:42 PM.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Having just been to SA they arent gonna get much traction. Mandela is more ubiquitous there than the Springbock is

On that topic I went to Robben Island prison (even saw his cell) and that is a pretty crazy experience. All the guides there are former political prisoners...not sure I could handle that if I was them.

If only they knew I deep down truly actually LOVE Apartheid
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X