Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1002

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

  1. #361

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    68,242

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    So 3 different states (maybe up to 5) will decide the election if we go to popular vote. You think the flyovers would have any real say? BTW, for sale: bridge in the NY area, great value.
    If it's where THE PEOPLE LIVE then who gives a sh-t?

    And here's the other thing, your 3-5 states number (which is wrong BTW) is bogus because it implies a sweep of those states by one party. If those states are swept by one party that party is also going to win the EC in a landslide, because those states aren't weird, they match plenty of other states demographically. CA is similar to OR, WA, NM, and HI. NY is similar to all of New England plus the Mid-Atlantic. TX -- remember, you're giving us TX in this scenario, is similar to NV, AZ and CO.

    The EC is being protected for one reason only: to undemocratically advance the agenda of the GOP. Full stop. That's all this BS is for.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-17-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  2. #362
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,031

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    So 3 different states (maybe up to 5) will decide the election if we go to popular vote. You think the flyovers would have any real say? BTW, for sale: bridge in the NY area, great value.
    As opposed to now, when three different states (maybe up to five) will decide the election.

  3. #363
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,621
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    As opposed to now, when three different states (maybe up to five) will decide the election.
    Exactly. And every conservative acts like this pertains to CA NY only while they ignore Texas.

  4. #364
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,167

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You have drawn the wrong conclusions from 2016. Hillary didn't lose because Democrats stayed home for a woman. Every moron who thinks a man should be President is already a Republican.

    The electorate has bifurcated. The racists and sexists are all R now because that's where their fan service is. Those white men who remain D are the ones who have functional brains. The bozos and monsters who wouldn't vote for a woman are going to vote straight ticket R for the rest of their lives because they should -- that's where they belong.
    Hillary lost because of the "anyone but Hillary" voters. I've always said this. I have never blamed the stay-at-home Dems. Ever.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #365

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    68,242

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Hillary lost because of the "anyone but Hillary" voters. I've always said this. I have never blamed the stay-at-home Dems. Ever.
    Then you just refuted your argument because "anyone but Hillary" includes women other than Hillary.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  6. #366
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,167

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Exactly. And every conservative acts like this pertains to CA NY only while they ignore Texas.
    I'd say CA, NY, TX, and maybe FLA and Penn/ILL.

    Note that I never said which party would win, I simply stated that different states would be the deciding factor.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #367
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,167

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Then you just refuted your argument because "anyone but Hillary" includes women other than Hillary.
    I did not refute. The devil is in the details. Hillary in particular is a specific and peculiar case, since she's, well, Hillary. She was polarizing. That being said, someone like Warren, I don't think America would go for her, because she's a woman. Full stop. Hillary had other issues that she brought into the race, which affected her run. Right or wrong, that's what happened.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #368

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    68,242

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I did not refute. The devil is in the details. Hillary in particular is a specific and peculiar case, since she's, well, Hillary. She was polarizing. That being said, someone like Warren, I don't think America would go for her, because she's a woman. Full stop. Hillary had other issues that she brought into the race, which affected her run. Right or wrong, that's what happened.
    You are mistaking Republicans for America. We won't convince any Republicans because they are beyond hope, so cut them out of the picture. Outside of them nobody is going to oppose a woman as president because she's a woman. That brain damage no longer operates outside R.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  9. #369
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,167

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You are mistaking Republicans for America. We won't convince any Republicans because they are beyond hope, so cut them out of the picture. Outside of them nobody is going to oppose a woman as president because she's a woman. That brain damage no longer operates outside R.
    The Bernouts would like to have a word with you.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #370
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,031

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    The Bernouts would like to have a word with you.
    Hi. I'm a Bernie Bro. First of all, more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Second of all, those who didn't vote for her didn't do so because she's a woman. We did so because she's a neo-liberal corporate shill. Almost all of us would be quite ecstatic to vote for Elizabeth Warren, or even Tulsi Gabbard, if they win the nomination. By your logic, we should all be very supportive of Joe Biden because he's an old white guy, too. In case you haven't noticed, we don't like him very much.

  11. #371
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,167

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Hi. I'm a Bernie Bro. First of all, more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Second of all, those who didn't vote for her didn't do so because she's a woman. We did so because she's a neo-liberal corporate shill. Almost all of us would be quite ecstatic to vote for Elizabeth Warren, or even Tulsi Gabbard, if they win the nomination. By your logic, we should all be very supportive of Joe Biden because he's an old white guy, too. In case you haven't noticed, we don't like him very much.
    No one should like Joe, unless you're a MAGA (good chance of winning re-election).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #372
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    23,100
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    And again, I point out that Hillary (the ONE female candidate that wasn't destroyed) didn't win. America will not vote in a woman president, yet. I stress yet. So, insert a female Veep. Warm America up to the idea that a female can be president. Flip some of the indies. Flip some of those "anyone but Hillary" types. Then really make a move.
    Except for a handful of votes in 3 states, America sure seemed damm ready to elect a female president.

    Don't worry, the Indies are flipping. Those "anyone but Hillary" types are just like you, as Kepler said, portraying an electorate based on what Republicans think. Stop being brainwashed by them.

    They did it to you on Hillary for 30 years, and you just gobbled it right up. As the sane, centrist, point of view.

  13. #373
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    23,100
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    So 3 different states (maybe up to 5) will decide the election if we go to popular vote. You think the flyovers would have any real say? BTW, for sale: bridge in the NY area, great value.
    3 different states decided the last election. Not even 3 different states. A population count smaller than the city of Portland, Maine.

    That's who you want making decisions for the entire country?

  14. #374

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,030
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    3 different states decided the last election. Not even 3 different states. A population count smaller than the city of Portland, Maine.

    That's who you want making decisions for the entire country?
    That's what I remembered too. It came down to three *counties,* one in Michigan, one in Florida, and I forget where the third was. Flip those three *counties,* and that flipped each state.

  15. #375

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,030

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Oh, I was wrong: Macomb County, MI; York County, PA; and Waukesha County, WI.
    22,748 votes in WI, 0.7 of a point (3rd party candidates received: 188,330)
    44,307 votes in PA, 0.7 of a point, (3rd party candidates received: 218,228)
    10,704 votes in MI, 0.2 of a point (3rd party candidates received: 250,902 votes)
    **** the third party.

  16. #376
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,625

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Brazil is the leading producer of orange juice and their people are way hotter.
    While their hottest might be 1.5x as hot, their ugliest are 2.5x as ugly. Also see: Philippines, Thailand, Costa Rica, Israel...

  17. #377
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,031

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Third party also includes Gary Johnson and others. If there had only been two options on the ballot they wouldn't all have voted for Hillary. Most probably wouldn't have voted at all.

  18. #378

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    68,242

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    While their hottest might be 1.5x as hot
    Um, no. Have you seen Brazilians? Their normal distribution barely overlaps ours. We have a large Brazilian expat pop in MD/VA. Every girl is a super model starting at 15 and lasting past 60. A Brazilian 4 is an American 9.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  19. #379
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    41,650

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Did something happen today because the "Bernie Bots" are all over Twitter right now. I havent read this much deification since Hebrew School
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  20. #380
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,884

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Did something happen today because the "Bernie Bots" are all over Twitter right now. I havent read this much deification since Hebrew School
    Nate Silver's hot take that there's only 2 running in the top tier and Sanders is in the 2nd tier, probably
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •