This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

Being completely honest - who is your best candidate to win the 2020 presidential election?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Being completely honest - who is your best candidate to win the 2020 presidential election?
      Is this an open question or just trix?

For me:

Current favorite: Warren
      Believe most likely to win: Warren
      Believe most likely to have effective presidency if won: Warren
      Most aligned with my views: Sanders
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anyone not named Donald John Trump.

Comment

Going with Warren right now, although I'd like to see Mayor Pete try again down the line.

But I have to agree with Fade... anyone not named DJT.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Going with Warren right now, although I'd like to see Mayor Pete try again down the line.

This would actually be a very popular message: ANYBODY but this f-ck!

It reaches the people who hate him and also the people who hate the status quo, and between them that's about 70% of the country.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It reaches the people who hate him and also the people who hate the status quo, and between them that's about 70% of the country.
              But then you'd lose joe's vote.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Pete will be a conservative by the time he runs again.

Comment

Lizzy all the way. Best plans, creating the most excitement, and most likely to hold up in a debate with The Chump (except for maybe Harris but she's now in the 2nd tier).

Regarding this Indian nonsense, that's the kind of thing that sticks in a campaign when the country is fat and happy and has time to indulge in pointless BS. 1988 was a great example. All that stuff stuck to Dukakis because the public (not you Kepler) was by and large happy with how things were going. 4 years later the GOP tried the same thing with Clinton, who had a lot more personal and professional baggage than the Duke ever did, and an anxious country blew it off (no pun intended). I'm thinking 2020 is going to be chock full of anxious Americans...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Pete will be a conservative by the time he runs again.
                    Good.

That's what I want to see.

I'm serious, I want to see the Dems be a true left party again and let the GOP be their 50's version.

I just saw the Tracy-Hepburn film State of the Union, which posits a Republican platform for the early 50s. It's farther left than AOC.

We have fallen a long, long way, and when you look at our national spirit it shows. America used to be a place where people cared about others. Now it's just a cut throat boiler room. We sold our birthright for a mess of pottage. We retreated into a fearful, hateful corner in the name of cough "conservatism."
                    Cornell University

Comment

I dont think any of the Dem candidates can win as of right now.

The people who are fed up with Trump are people who probably didnt vote for him the first time. If the electoral college math hasnt changed, then neither will our president.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I dont think any of the Dem candidates can win as of right now.

The people who are fed up with Trump are people who probably didnt vote for him the first time. If the electoral college math hasnt changed, then neither will our president.
                        To be fair, I know a good number of people who voted for Trump and have since registered as Democrats after realizing the Republican party doesn't mean what it used to. I think there are more people like this than people realize.

I had always viewed myself as Republican and up until 2010, everything I believed was in line with Republican talking points.

Fast forward a few years and it's incredible what life experience teaches you. Now, I'm more associated with Warren and Bernie than even the centrists.
                        Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 10-03-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Michigan should flip (I hope). Swept the major offices and other positions in 2018 with almost all women running. If the state wasn’t gerrymandered the state house or senate may have flipped as well.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That would be a message after the convention, but the candidates are now running against each other for the right to be the nominee. If everyone is saying Trump is bad, what distinguishes A from B?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              To be fair, I know a good number of people who voted for Trump and have since registered as Democrats after realizing the Republican party doesn't mean what it used to. I think there are more people like this than people realize..
                              but they need to vote.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                but they need to vote.
                                Agreed and I think they're fully motivated to do just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X