X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think it's because Sanders' people are the most practical. .
    Okkkaaayyy then! Have you been sniffing glue again? When I look for practical advice, I always follow Nina Turner and Susan Sarandon.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Okkkaaayyy then! Have you been sniffing glue again? When I look for practical advice, I always follow Nina Turner and Susan Sarandon.
      I can't understand you, Joe. Put your dentures in.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I am not doing anything of the kind. You need to learn how to read...or better yet how to actually study a problem, study its history and then think for yourself. If you actually ever read anything I have ever saidf about Israel and its current government you would know how pathetically wrong your post was. But you dont, because then you cant make your little jabs. Which is fine, we all enjoy proving you wrong

I NEVER DEFEND WHAT ISRAEL DOES. I have been for a 2 (usually 3 cause of Jerusalem) state solution for longer than I could vote. (and I bet it predates you knowing anything about the situation) I was for the Oslo Accords. I am for them still. I want nothing more than a Palestinian State for about 3 dozen reasons. I want Netanyahu to be in prison and his whole gaggle of Right Wing losers out of office almost as much as I want Trump out of office. They have done more to destroy Israel than the Palestinians and other groups could ever do.

That doesnt somehow invalidate the truth though. Palestine doesnt exist because the Palestinians blew up the peace process. (then the Likud doused it in gasoline and lit a match on the dead carcass) America only focuses on one bad actor...if the Left truly cared about the Palestinians they would go after ALL the people who treat them bad. The Left cares about Palestinians about as much as most Muslim nations do. They are just a pawn in a much larger game. I support Palestine because they are to the Muslim World what the Jews were to Europe. Hated by everyone, used by everyone, and killed by everyone when it is convenient. They need a sovereign land where no one can mess with them. That land should be part of the current State of Israel. (not Jerusalem) And no that doesnt mean it should STILL be part of Israel...Israel should give up the land for peace.

I dont want Israel to annex the West Bank, I dont want them putting up walls or fences. I want peace. I want Israel and Palestine to co-exist. You can pretend that isnt the truth all you like (and you will) but I have said that forever and will til the end. I dont even want terrorists to die (would rather they be imprisoned) why the hell would I want Palestinians to die or be subjugated? They could (and should) be each other's best ally. Not many People's have that kind of shared world experience.

But yeah...definitely into the Apartheid State. Definitely with Israel 100% always have been...except when I am not. I will bet I have spent more time arguing for a Palestinian State over the years than you have. The Palestinian State is the key the peace process.

Any other smartazz comments you want me to destroy? Maybe you can call me a Centrist again and I could thoroughly destroy that one for old time's sake
        And yet when Omar and other on “the left” say that Palestinians should have basic human rights or criticize AIPAC you call it anti Semitic, which is just a lazy conflation and isn’t accurate. Plenty of Jewish people criticize Israel. So yeah, when you do that and defend Bari Weiss, you can probably see where some of the confusion lies on my end.

There were plenty of reasons why the Oslo accords were balanced completely unfairly (basically called the current Israeli settlements at the time legal and gave the Israelis all of the important financial and commercial districts as well as far more useable land) and it clearly wasn’t a viable long term solution but we don’t need to get into that, it isn’t really relevant to the positions of the left or how much of a moron Bari Weiss is. I’m sorry but you can’t really claim to have the moral high ground when the furthest you’re willing to negotiate is something that was completely untenable.

And the idea that the left doesn’t care about Palestinians isn’t actually true, it’s an utterly laughable statement. It’s total projection.
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-14-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I can't understand you, Joe. Put your dentures in.
          Was joe really as he is being made out to be? I mean he was always a bit dim but the way some are describing it he was Ronald Reagan talking to Jelly Beans bad. Is this normal Biden bad or was he sundowning?

I mean the way it has been described since the debate makes him sound like he has one foot in the grave
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Was joe really as he is being made out to be? I mean he was always a bit dim but the way some are describing it he was Ronald Reagan talking to Jelly Beans bad. Is this normal Biden bad or was he sundowning?

I mean the way it has been described since the debate makes him sound like he has one foot in the grave
            He was nowhere near as bad as Reagan on a bad day or Dump on a good day. He's not in dementia, he was always scatterbrained but now he's losing his ability to read a room and he is long, long past being able to match a comfortable mood with anybody except the Andy Griffith Show crowd.

He's not addled but he is old. Bernie, who by age is IINM older runs circles around him, while Warren runs circles around everyone including The Squad. So it isn't just the odometer. It's that age has destroyed his particular skillset, which was to be the back slapping country club glad-hander. He's just creepy now. You want to get away from him.

On top of all that throw in he's handsy and it's stomach-turning.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Dems ran the epitome of a sleazy, entitled insider in 2016 in an election when people were revolting against sleazy, entitled insiders.

Now in 2020 people are revolting against leering old establishment white men. Paging Joe.
              Cornell University

Comment

He's not addled but he is old.
                This. Being so obviously out-of-touch with the 2020 electorate is Biden's worst quality.

Comment

The Dems ran the epitome of a sleazy, entitled insider in 2016 in an election when people were revolting against sleazy, entitled insiders.

Now in 2020 people are revolting against leering old establishment white men. Paging Joe.
                  So you'll be replacing your misogyny with age discrimination? Good to know!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

He was nowhere near as bad as Reagan on a bad day or Dump on a good day. He's not in dementia, he was always scatterbrained but now he's losing his ability to read a room and he is long, long past being able to match a comfortable mood with anybody except the Andy Griffith Show crowd.

He's not addled but he is old. Bernie, who by age is IINM older runs circles around him, while Warren runs circles around everyone including The Squad. So it isn't just the odometer. It's that age has destroyed his particular skillset, which was to be the back slapping country club glad-hander. He's just creepy now. You want to get away from him.

On top of all that throw in he's handsy and it's stomach-turning.
                    Ah gotcha. That is kind of what I figured but the hyperbole out there makes it sound like he was in his bathrobe yelling at the clouds
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Handy vs. Trixie:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Handy vs. Trixie:

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          This. Being so obviously out-of-touch with the 2020 electorate is Biden's worst quality.
                          JB v tD - close or a runaway (EV only, PV will be D due to NY and CA)?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            JB v tD - close or a runaway (EV only, PV will be D due to NY and CA)?
                            I think Biden would flip back MI, PA, WI... enough to to win. If he flips back FL too does that become a runaway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Ah gotcha. That is kind of what I figured but the hyperbole out there makes it sound like he was in his bathrobe yelling at the clouds
                              Nahh that is more Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                JB v tD - close or a runaway?
                                Depends on how many voters in 2020 need their heads examined. To vote for that dangerous child because the other candidate seems "out of touch" would require either crushing ignorance or malevolence or, most likely, both. And yes, we all know there are plenty.

Comment

Working...
                                X