Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Apparently the people who live near the stairs are getting a bit annoyed though.
    Reminds me about all the horse people plugging up “Old Town Road” MA last summer and parking their trailers all over the shoulder while getting selfies.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    But James Cameron says it's Aces, so it has to be good...right?
    Didn't help Alita much...though that was actually a mostly enjoyable film.

Since T2 the films are all about the same...solid to good but nothing special. I watch them all, but I truly only love the first two.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I thought I heard he's ignoring everything after T2, sort of like how Predators ignored all the sequels. I think this latest one could be really good.

Leave No Trace:
    Father/daughter living off the grid in the Pacific Northwest, doing fine until someone happens to find them, and social services gets involved.

Slow and methodical, but enjoyable. Equal balance of viewpoints on how some people want to live, how some people feel they have to live due to other things going on, and the difficulties doing so (especially with a young adult coming of age). I liked that the movie didn't shun, nor celebrate, the homeless-by-choice lifestyle. I think that was what made the movie. Worth a gander, if you're curious about such things.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I thought I heard he's ignoring everything after T2, sort of like how Predators ignored all the sequels. I think this latest one could be really good.
    This will essentially be the new T3. All of the other sequels are non-canon now. Like how every sequel to the original Halloween no longer exists. Will it be good? Eh. It is at 65% on Rotten Tomatoes. Matthew Turner has the line that I've heard repeated most often: "Easily the best Terminator sequel since T2, although, in fairness, that's a pretty low bar to clear."

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post

Leave No Trace:
    Father/daughter living off the grid in the Pacific Northwest, doing fine until someone happens to find them, and social services gets involved.

Slow and methodical, but enjoyable. Equal balance of viewpoints on how some people want to live, how some people feel they have to live due to other things going on, and the difficulties doing so (especially with a young adult coming of age). I liked that the movie didn't shun, nor celebrate, the homeless-by-choice lifestyle. I think that was what made the movie. Worth a gander, if you're curious about such things.
    Yes it does ignore the rest which is part of what I think is going to be its downfall. At least with Genysis they had history rewritten...in this case not so much.

As for how it looks...well one of the cool things about Terminator was how the CGI and practical effects merged together seemlessly. I mean T2 to this day is one of the best and holds up in many ways. The previews for this one look almost like a parody. Some f the sequences in the trailer are laughably bad to the point that i originally thought they hadnt finished them yet.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

To be fair, T2 was really groundbreaking. Looking back, sometimes we forget that (kind of like how laughable Lawnmower Man is for special effects nowadays, or even The Matrix).

I could be wrong, and this movie will suck, but I think I'll be paying the money to see it in theaters to find out.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Yeah but when a movie from 1992 looks better than a film made in 2019 that is not a good look.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah but when a movie from 1992 looks better than a film made in 2019 that is not a good look.
    I'll have to see the finished product as a whole to really judge. I liked the trailer, but it is just a trailer. For example, I have serious doubts on Gemini Man, too much MTV-editing/cut scenes, not a fan of that. The end product COULD be decent, though.

Watched El Camino today. Woof, the six year gap is noticeable, especially at the beginning. Overall, good story, let's us ride with Jesse one more time, but there are still lots of questions I have.

It was good. Thankful I didn't re-watch the final few episodes to make the age issue even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Watched El Camino today. Woof, the six year gap is noticeable, especially at the beginning. Overall, good story, let's us ride with Jesse one more time, but there are still lots of questions I have.

It was good. Thankful I didn't re-watch the final few episodes to make the age issue even worse.
    I actually am curious as to what questions. Face it, this shouldn't fall under "spoilers" at this point.

I get it's Jesse's story; his ending, but we never see Skinny Pete and Badger after they played a very key role early on. We never see a hint of the wake of destruction Saul leaves behind, other than the relocator hinting at "the lawyer." Does Junior get the payments Walter set up for him? For being the next day or three following such a bloody shootout, there seems to be a lack of concern throughout the city right after the El Camino lo-jack is activated. But, like I said, it's Jesse's story, so I shouldn't expect anything more than a hand wave explanation at most.

I will say the winks and nods that were in the movie were nice. The new owners and renamed Los Pollos Hermanos location was neat. The junkyard owner was a nice surprise too.

I think the payments (leaving this vague) was more than settled. I do agree on Skinny Pete and such, I suppose. However, despite the trailer, they left the game so early (relatively) in the series, it was probably chasing ghosts at that point.

You live in/near Chiraq...how much outrage is there? My take on it is that is was a movie to simply close out the loose ends that existed, and that succeeded. If they wanted to blow some minds...I suppose it was possible, but it would most likely have blown up in their face. The movie wasn't great, but it was still satisfying. I wasn't hung up on the aging thing. I can suspend belief in the spirit of things.

I thought El Camino was fine. It tried to answer a couple of questions that were left hanging at the end of BB. The actors' appearance differences didn't bother me at all. The most significant one, imho, was Todd's simply due to weight gain. The age difference for the rest of the cast was mild, I thought.

Also watched The Laundromat. Personally, I thought it was a mess. It obviously isn't an easy subject matter, but given the star power associated with that movie, it was pretty disappointing.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Tell me who I am. New Netflix doc.

Heartbreaking, but excellent watch. Boy loses his memory at 18 in a motorcycle crash, and his twin brother decided to hide his childhood from him as he had a chance to reform all his memories. Of course, the ruse didn’t last forever.
    Caught this tonight. That is one weird story. Jebus.

Finally finished El Camino...meh it was ok. Really no point to any of it and sorry but it never truly felt Breaking Bad. It was fine when to watch while working out but I would never care to watch again. Too much time passed.

Speaking of that:

Zombieland 2. Yikes was that boring and rather unfunny. Completely unnecessary and honestly I almost fell asleep in the theater watching it. Literally the only thing of value was the scene from the credits...but beyond that I wish I hadnt gone.

To the Star Wars people...sounds like the GOT guys are leaving that universe.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Never Forget!

Dan and Dave aren't doing their Star Wars films.

“We love Star Wars…When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything…There are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects. So we are regretfully stepping away.”
    The Rian Johnson trilogy is still reported to be moving ahead.

To the Star Wars people...sounds like the GOT guys are leaving that universe.
    So, they screwed up GOT for nothing?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So, they screwed up GOT for nothing?
    They did sign that $250 million development deal with Netflix...

wubba lubba dub dub

Zombieland 2. Yikes was that boring and rather unfunny. Completely unnecessary and honestly I almost fell asleep in the theater watching it. Literally the only thing of value was the scene from the credits...but beyond that I wish I hadnt gone.
    Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Sorry but it just wasnt as creative or enjoyable. Even the easy tropes (like the off brand version of the main cast) got old after like 2 minutes. Every joke ran too long or was a copy of the first film.

The different versions of the zombies was pretty good though.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information