Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

wubba lubba dub dub

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie just noticed Netflix has added The Best Movie Ever!!!!
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?
    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?100545-Top-27-best-movies-ever&p=6532859#post6532859

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Christ, it was bad enough when it was only mookie...
    I've watched Crazy Rich Asians a dozen times.

Never Forget!

Today's sequel: Addams Family 2 (that was a given though)

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Today's sequel: Addams Family 2 (that was a given though)
    As in a follow up to the cartoon that was just released, or a follow up to the 1990s movie starring Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Never Forget!

As in a follow up to the cartoon that was just released, or a follow up to the 1990s movie starring Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams?
    The animated version.

There already was a sequel (1991's The Addams Family spawned 1993's Addams Family Values)

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

The former.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    The animated version.

There already was a sequel (1991's The Addams Family spawned 1993's Addams Family Values)
    ****ing Pubert?!?

(Cheers to anyone who gets the reference)

Beats:

A reclusive teenage musical prodigy forms an unlikely friendship with a down-on-his-luck high school security guard. United by their mutual love of hip-hop, they confront the demons of their past and try to break into Chicago's music scene.

General coming of age/inspirational movie. I wish Anthony Anderson (in this case, the security guard) would get serious roles more often, I really like him in that aspect. Khalil Everage (who plays the teen) is excellent in his role. The story is fairly cookie cutter, it's the performances that make this work. Worth 100 minutes of your time.

Might check out Zombieland Double Tap on Fri morn. I do want to see it, depends on if I'm in the mood for a theater experience.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Might check out Zombieland Double Tap on Fri morn. I do want to see it, depends on if I'm in the mood for a theater experience.
    My wife pre-ordered tickets for it, and we're going to see it at 7PM tonight. I'm happy.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

I am gonna see it...but it kind of stinks of "showed the funny parts in the trailer" disease. It also has that "took to long to make a sequel" issue. I loved the first one so I am giving this one a chance.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I am gonna see it...but it kind of stinks of "showed the funny parts in the trailer" disease. It also has that "took to long to make a sequel" issue. I loved the first one so I am giving this one a chance.
    Ditto. I think (hope) this is the kind of style of movie that knows what mistakes have been made in the past with sequels, and doesn't repeat them.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Ditto. I think (hope) this is the kind of style of movie that knows what mistakes have been made in the past with sequels, and doesn't repeat them.
    That was my hope for Super Troopers cause heating them discuss the film made me confident. I was wrong...

That was my hope for Super Troopers cause heating them discuss the film made me confident. I was wrong...
    The sequel was...passable. Disappointing, for sure, but I didn't hate myself for watching it. Unlike Boondock Saints 2.

Edit: or Anchorman 2. This one...I think I went to confession 3 times because I tried to watch that.

Never Forget!

Today's sequel news:
    Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway just released a trailer ahead of its 3 April 2020 debut.
    Edge of Tomorrow: Live. Die. Repeat. Repeat. has a script and will go into production when Tom Cruise has an opening.
    The trailer for Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker will apparently premiere during Monday Night Football this week, and tickets will go on sale that night.

wubba lubba dub dub
    It was fun. There is a mid-credits scene. The movie knows what it is, and leans into turn wonderfully. No, not perfect. Just fun.

It was fun. There is a mid-credits scene. The movie knows what it is, and leans into turn wonderfully. No, not perfect. Just fun.
    That's what I thought of the first movie, not knowing what I was getting into. Sounds pretty good.

Never Forget!

Today's sequel news: the Shazam sequel Black Adam movie starring The Rock will begin shooting in July 2020.

The date is news but the film has been in the hopper for 5 years. The only reason Shazam happened was because The Rock wanted to make Black Adam.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

The date is news but the film has been in the hopper for 5 years. The only reason Shazam happened was because The Rock wanted to make Black Adam.
    Well, good for the Rock because Shazam was all sorts of fun, exactly what the DC movies needed.

Thread Information