Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Lucia Apologist

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The theaters won't be filled so you shouldn't be distracted.
    Thanks. Now to get away from the fiancée. 😬

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Thanks. Now to get away from the fiancée. 😬
    When she goes dress shopping...problem solved.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    When she goes dress shopping...problem solved.
    She cried when she saw one dress online. Her sister saw it and said “it was her”. One of the local boutiques has it in to try on. One size up. That **** was short-circuited before I even had a chance to contemplate something like that.

She also nixed shoot to thrill as our first dance.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 10-05-2019 at 02:17 AM.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    She cried when she saw one dress online. Her sister saw it and said “it was her”. One of the local boutiques has it in to try on. One size up. That **** was short-circuited before I even had a chance to contemplate something like that.

So much for equal weight in decisions

Lucia Apologist

She did say we could play Ding A Ling by Chuck Berry at some point during the reception.

I’m counting this as a win.

I'd go with Highway To Hell if you're going that route.

Request the Undertaker's Entrance Music for when you guys walk down the aisle.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Joker:

..................Jee.............zuss............ .

Previous Jokers appeared as already deranged beyond repair. Here, we don't see the Joker simply break down in mentality because of one or two instances. It's a meticulous brick-by-brick collapse of his mentality and view of the world. "Disturbing" has been used so far, quite often, in many reviews. That barely scratches the surface of describing this movie. This is a complete mindfcuk, through and through.

There are some that won't like it, and I can understand that point. For me, this seemed like a combination of "Falling Down" (Douglas/Duvall) and "American Psycho" (Bale). Both of those movies have some of the same elements here.

The ending? Ho. Lee. Effing. Sh*.

My buddy and I sat there until the end of credits, not waiting to see if there was an Easter Egg of sorts, but because we were just in relative shock at what we saw as a whole. One does not even NEED to get into all the undertones of the movie to feel the layers of force behind the character of Arthur Fleck.

In summary, one needs to see this movie NOW, and just hand the Oscar to Phoenix.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Our Godfather:

Documentary on Tommaso Buscetta which led to over 400 arrests in the Cosa Nostra and the US offshoots of the original mafia. Family members are the main focus, they are on video, answering questions, etc. It's crazy. Definitely shows the different attitudes between the old school Mafia, and what we see today (relatively; thanks a lot, Gotti!).

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Never Forget!

Is this supposed to be satire? I'm confused. The guy spit at a pigeon because of a movie?

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Is this supposed to be satire? I'm confused. The guy spit at a pigeon because of a movie?
    That's a parody account run by a comedian.

You might want to reboot your sarcasm detector...

I mean no offense but come on that obviously satire. Now if Trump posted it...then you could believe he believed it
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Never Forget!
    You might want to reboot your sarcasm detector...

I mean no offense but come on that obviously satire. Now if Trump posted it...then you could believe he believed it
    So I was right. It was satire. Bad satire, but satire nonetheless.

So I was right. It was satire. Bad satire, but satire nonetheless.
    Actually it was quite good...since part of you thought it was real. You might not have found it funny, but the satire definitely worked
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Actually it was quite good...since part of you thought it was real. You might not have found it funny, but the satire definitely worked
    That's not the only component of good satire - it should be partially believable and make sense/have some context with current events. I figured it was satire partially because it didn't make sense the movie would cause anyone to do that.

95% of the stuff the Onion puts out isnt close to believable yet they are considered good satire.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Unsane:
    A young woman is involuntarily committed to a mental institution, due to a previous stalker issue, where she is confronted by her greatest fear: she sees a faculty member that she believes is her stalker--but is it real or a product of her delusion?

Good plot, well-written in dealing with the circumstances of being committed. The execution was somewhat lacking. I cannot give it the Lifetime Channel Badge of Shame, though. It borders between a time-killer and a decent movie. A twist or two is somewhat hidden, credit to that.

95% of the stuff the Onion puts out isnt close to believable yet they are considered good satire.
    The Onion is so good because what they put out is perilously close to reality and a true reflection of the nonsense of human kind in this day and age. So many are people are so cracked that it's not unbelievable to imagine what they write could happen.

Joker was a completely different film the second time than the first and I loved it for completely different reasons. I cant even really explain it just trust me when I say I had a completely different reaction and it was just as visceral.

Took my 72 year old father (big Batman guy who loves Taxi Driver and King of Comedy) and he could not stop gushing about it.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Joker was a completely different film the second time than the first and I loved it for completely different reasons. I cant even really explain it just trust me when I say I had a completely different reaction and it was just as visceral.

Took my 72 year old father (big Batman guy who loves Taxi Driver and King of Comedy) and he could not stop gushing about it.
    I'm expecting that the next time I see it. I have quite a few days off in the next couple of weeks. It needs to be watched again.

Thread Information