Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Never Forget!

Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Carry on.

wubba lubba dub dub

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Blinded by the Light: Pakistani kid growing up in a smaller UK city during the mid 86-87 school year who comes across Bruce Sprinsteen's music for the first time. The backdrop/b-story for timing is a neo-Nazi movement was gaining notoriety in Britain at the time. It's based upon a true story, goes through his struggles with his family as he goes against his father's wishes and decides that writing is his calling rather than becoming a lawyer, doctor, etc..

It follows the formula for this type of movie, but I enjoyed most of it. It runs a little long, but there are some fun things happening too. They used the Boss's songs well.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Very clever to use a Bruce song that very few people associate with Bruce. I approve.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Very clever to use a Bruce song that very few people associate with Bruce. I approve.
    Hey, it was on "Greetings from Asbury Park". Manfred Mann stole it.

The Punisher:

Decided to check out the movie, to compare to the Netflix series. The series was better. When Travolta is NOT a minus, that says something (minus Pulp Fiction, of course). The insertion of comic relief and the romance angle hurt the movie, to be honest. I thought the series was more raw, more fitting.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Took the gk's to see Dora. They said they liked it a lot(the boy's new fave movie)and other than me nodding off for 10 mins it seemed aight.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Never Forget!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend seeing the big screen showing of Lawrence of Arabia presented by TCM and Fathom Events at movie theaters Sunday and next Wednesday. I saw it on the big screen a few years ago and it is a visual marvel. Seeing it on a big screen is a must for any cinephile.

Also coming in September is You Are Here a documentary on the town of Gander in Newfoundland on 9/11. When United States airspace was closed, 38 commercial flights with 6,700 travelers were rerouted to a community of 9,600 where they remained for days with uncertain destinations. The people of Gander came together to provide food, shelter and entertainment for the stranded passengers. German airline Lufthansa was so grateful it named a plane after Gander. The film will play on 11 September.

New Joker trailer: https://youtu.be/_pk-qMdR9Lo

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    That's a better trailer. Can't wait to see this movie.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy26 View Post
    That's a better trailer. Can't wait to see this movie.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but... How have you not been blasted by the Anti-bot software
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    The Punisher:

Decided to check out the movie, to compare to the Netflix series. The series was better. When Travolta is NOT a minus, that says something (minus Pulp Fiction, of course). The insertion of comic relief and the romance angle hurt the movie, to be honest. I thought the series was more raw, more fitting.
    Thomas Jane’s punisher was better than any I’ve seen so far. And that includes emo punisher

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but... How have you not been blasted by the Anti-bot software
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Thomas Jane’s punisher was better than any I’ve seen so far. And that includes emo punisher
    I had no issue with his performance, it was as much as he could do with subpar writing. The Netflix series portrayal was so much better (and frankly, they found an actor that better fit the "look/attitude" of the character.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

I mean the movie as a whole.

Netflix’s version was so ****ing boring.

I mean the movie as a whole.

Netflix’s version was so ****ing boring.
    I dug it, and for comic book stuff, that's a tough hurdle. I'm not as against it as some, but you do have to convince me, if that makes sense.

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Why would he be? His IP address is the Philippines but he hasn't done anything to identify as a bot. If he does, use the report button and I am positive a moderator will respond as warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Umm... I'm intrigued by this trailer but it feels like this was written for Heath Ledger's Joker/Nolan's Batman Universe. It doesn't tie into the current DC Universe, and Joaquin Phoenix, while appearing to do a hell of a job in the scenes used for the trailer, just doesn't quite *feel* like Ledger. The winks and nods with the masks, suit styling, and Chicago-esque Gotham are just... *chef's kiss* though.

I think I'm gonna wait for HBO streaming unfortunately. Unless I can be persuaded otherwise with follow up trailers.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Umm... I'm intrigued by this trailer but it feels like this was written for Heath Ledger's Joker/Nolan's Batman Universe. It doesn't tie into the current DC Universe, and Joaquin Phoenix, while appearing to do a hell of a job in the scenes used for the trailer, just doesn't quite *feel* like Ledger. The winks and nods with the masks, suit styling, and Chicago-esque Gotham are just... *chef's kiss* though.

I think I'm gonna wait for HBO streaming unfortunately. Unless I can be persuaded otherwise with follow up trailers.
    I would tend to agree.

Lucia Apologist

**** that looks good

**** that looks good
    I love how the most recent Jokers have gone pure psychopath, totally nuts in a calculated way, etc. Stone. F*ing. Cold.

Thread Information