X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    And obviously My Cousin Vinny.
    That is Ur-Pesci for me. His dramatic roles are boring but the guy is a born comedian.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I guess I had forgotten that Craig had decided to do another Bond. I saw all of them in the theater except Skyfall for some reason (don't remember why). I imagine I will see this one was well.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Bond should be seen in a theater because a lot of the fun is the audience reaction. Even Quantum of Solace, which was dreadful, was fantastic during the Tosca scene (which, to be fair, is one of the ten greatest scenes in a Bond movie in history). It doesn't have nearly the impact at home.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          And obviously My Cousin Vinny.
          He was awesome in that, as well as the rest of the cast. That movie has aged very well.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Mmmmm. Marissa Tomei.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Mmmmm. Marissa Tomei.
              that dam Weinstein
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Irishman was good...not great but good. Would have been way better as like a 3 part miniseries because it is looooooooooooooooooooooong and you feel every friggin second of it.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  and you feel every friggin second of it.
                  This is a great description of some movies. I love Apocalypse Now but, like you said, ...
                  Cornell University

Comment

The Irishman was good...not great but good. Would have been way better as like a 3 part miniseries because it is looooooooooooooooooooooong and you feel every friggin second of it.
                    I agree you feel every minute of it, but not one minute was wasted.

Apocalypse Now, however.....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

None of AN is wasted. Unless you watch the Director's Cut in which every second of the extra footage is wasted.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I will disagree...Scorsese has scenes go on a little longer than needed. Not a big sin or anything, but I bet there was an easy 20 minutes you could cut out of scenes where it focuses on some random item for no reason before or after a transition. Not to mention any scene with Anna Paquin should have been edited out because she sucks and her character is worthless

I think the film would have been better 15 years ago...although the de-aging wouldnt have been possible. I didnt mind that so much although it made DeNiro's forehead the size of a Neanderthal
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I thought Paquin's role was perfect. Yeah, I've heard the poutrage about how little time she got/barely any lines, but that was a quality scene. The entire weight of "disappointed in dad" was in that tiny little bit of dialogue.

Comment

it's on netflix..... handy can easily pause at the hour
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought Paquin's role was perfect. Yeah, I've heard the poutrage about how little time she got/barely any lines, but that was a quality scene. The entire weight of "disappointed in dad" was in that tiny little bit of dialogue.
                              I dont care that she didnt have lines...I just think she was worthless as a character. We already saw that said daughter didnt like her dad or Joe Pesci but loved Hoffa. That was all you needed to know cause then when Hoffa disappears a line of exposition can tell you she never talked to him again. The character was dumb and Anna Pacquin just sucks in general.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                it's on netflix..... handy can easily pause at the hour
                                I did...didnt help
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X