Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Econ major doesn't know how bond sales work: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20903725723648

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

The best people: https://news.avclub.com/the-u-s-amba...cke-1837473913

Ambassador Carla Sands’ background would likely have been overlooked as yet another insane thread in the grotesque Trump tapestry, were it not the fact that she’s now in charge of picking up the pieces after our President threw yet another tantrum, this time about not being able to purchase Greenland from the Danish. (The mere act of writing that last sentence almost certainly took a year off our lives). So what was Sands’ CV prior to serving as the official envoy to Denmark? Knowing this administration, we’re pretty confident it wouldn’t be quite applicable to the role of Danish ambassador, but surely some twisted logic could be followed to explain how they appointed her to the position.

Well, per a simple investigation published today, Sands is none other than a climate change-denying, conspiracy theory-retweeting ex-actress whose credits include a handful of The Bold and the Beautiful episodes, as well as Death Stalker And The Warriors From Hell, a film so bad it was lampooned in a seventh-season episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Sands’ whole deal, apart from Death Stalker, is more in line with what we’ve come to expect—widow to a multimillionaire real estate mogul, longtime hobnobber within California conservative politics, and possessor of a complete lack of ambassadorial experience apart from being nice to her clients at her chiropractic office (she’s also an ex-chiropractor).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    You've always been there. Nothing has changed since 1824.

Now imagine you vote directly for an elector rather than a candidate that has an elector pledged to him/her?

Let's say you're pro life and pro universal healthcare. You would separately vote for the pro life elector and the healthcare elector. Then they would cast their vote for the candidate who best represents their view for POTUS and VPOTUS.

It could be conceivable that opposite parties receive a majority vote for POTUS & VPOTUS.

Oops - nobody got 270 EVs? Off to the House and/or Senate to see who wins.

It may (MAY) drive everyone back towards the center or we may (MAY) end up with splinters. It would definitely change the way campaigns are run.

Paging Aaron Burr...Thomas Jefferson on line 1!

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Econ major doesn't know how bond sales work: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20903725723648
    It’s a liberal conspiracy, they’re making him say dumb things!!
    I know, I’m a whiner, our institutions will save us, yada yada

Remember when Obama slurred his words, attacked Jews and insulted our allies in the same day?

Not only is he stupid. But, he surrounds himself with people who refuse to tell him he's stupid regardless of their intelligence level.

People that voted for him finally got a President at their intelligence level. No wonder they're so happy.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

In the comments it says his approval rating is 36% in the latest AP poll...that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    In the comments it says his approval rating is 36% in the latest AP poll...that true?
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rmance-despite

Appears so.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    If that happens, the hegemony of the coasts would be complete. You'd like that. I wouldn't.
    It would weight all votes equally.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    538 still showing noise. Among likely votes there's even less volatility.

It's not as if Republicans got smart all of a sudden. Dump will be well over 90% approval among Republicans on Election Day. They're in the killing jar.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-22-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Not only is he stupid. But, he surrounds himself with people who refuse to tell him he's stupid regardless of their intelligence level.

People that voted for him finally got a President at their intelligence level. No wonder they're so happy.
    "He's just like me!!"

They got that with Dubya.

With Dump they have a guy with an actual cognitive deficit. 90% of the people in this country are smarter than Dump. He is a borderline imbecile.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Watching from across the border (North....not South), it seems that the dumpster-fire that is the Trump Presidency gets more absurd and ridiculous every day. There are days that I'm left speechless after watching news feeds where Trump has again (and again, and again...) verbally attacked and/or insulted someone or another country. I'm speechless because I can't believe there are people out there who approve of his behavior. I can reason why some may have voted for him over Hillary (lesser of two evils in their opinion...???), but I can't imagine anyone thought he'd be this bad.

I'm watching every day to what ELSE he's done...but I'm feeling bad for my American family members who have to live through this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    Watching from across the border (North....not South), it seems that the dumpster-fire that is the Trump Presidency gets more absurd and ridiculous every day. There are days that I'm left speechless after watching news feeds where Trump has again (and again, and again...) verbally attacked and/or insulted someone or another country. I'm speechless because I can't believe there are people out there who approve of his behavior. I can reason why some may have voted for him over Hillary (lesser of two evils in their opinion...???), but I can't imagine anyone thought he'd be this bad.

I'm watching every day to what ELSE he's done...but I'm feeling bad for my American family members who have to live through this nonsense.
    Would you characterize the average Canadian response as worry or hilarity? I've heard Alberta is basically Frozen Texas. Does Dump have any support there (or elsewhere in conservative Canada) or does even the Canadian right despise him?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

wubba lubba dub dub

"Some people just want to watch the world burn, Master Bruce."

Older people, and those who have a very limited scope of the world, falling for completely jingoistic ideology, tend to buy into his soundbite politics. And then they excuse his bad, nasty antics with an answer that goes something like, But look at all the good he's done, too. When pressed for the good, there's really not much they can say when countered with the numbers. I will then hear something to do with abortion as a retort. It's at that point the conversation is dead because there's no real reasoning with somebody who's reliant upon that stance.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Would you characterize the average Canadian response as worry or hilarity? I've heard Alberta is basically Frozen Texas. Does Dump have any support there (or elsewhere in conservative Canada) or does even the Canadian right despise him?
    To be honest...not many people I know pay as much attention to what's happening in the US as I do. For me it's bordering on hilarity because of just how mind-boggling it's become. It IS reality, but it's like a bad reality show I can't stop watching! There is a sense of worry, however, as almost everything that happens down there has a certain level of impact on Canada.

We have our own problems and controversies up here, and an election coming up this fall. Alberta was doing very well not long ago, rich in resources (oil) and businesses and individuals were thriving. The oil-price collapse hit Alberta hard with thousands of job losses and company closures. Getting pipelines going/approved to move oil is a big issue there that will create jobs for many across the country.

I won't speak as though I'm representing all Canadians, but the few I know that follow US politics are all shaking their heads at what is going on in your White House. There are so many differences between life here and there - immigration issues, health care, and the big one is gun control/ownership. Many Canadians just can't wrap their heads around why so many Americans feel the need to have guns in their purses, glove boxes, baby strollers...not judging - we just don't understand. Why someone needs an assault-style weapon (if you're not a criminal...) and why it seems so easy to get one is beyond comprehension for most of us. I'm probably going down a road that might get me into trouble, so I'll stop here. I'll finish by saying that my wife and I visit the the US several times a year for Frozen Fours, other regular-season NCAA hockey, and vacations in New Mexico. We've always been treated well and feel comfortable wherever we go. We have family down there and have made new friends almost every time we travel south.
    Last edited by Hoover; 08-22-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    He's not going voluntarily. I hope we all realize that now.
    If he loses in 2020, my money is on him claiming the election was rigged to oust him (probably that "nasty" woman from Denmark...), the results are fake news, and it's somehow Obama's fault. Someone will have to drag him from the White House while he clings to the walls and furniture like a 3-year-old!
    Last edited by Hoover; 08-22-2019 at 05:31 PM.

If he loses in 2020, my money is on him claiming the election was rigged to oust him (probably that "nasty" woman from Denmark...), the results are fake news, and it's somehow Obama's fault. Someone will have to drag him from the White House while he clings to the walls and furniture like a 3-year-old!
    Actually, I might PPV seeing The Orange One clinging to a corner on a wall by the tips of his fingers while being forcibly moved by the proper authorities. The humiliation itself would be priceless.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Yep, still here

I continue to believe that if he loses, he'll be gone from DC by Christmas because he doesn't want to meet whoever beat him. Pence will turn over the keys.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    I continue to believe that if he loses, he'll be gone from DC by Christmas because he doesn't want to meet whoever beat him. Pence will turn over the keys.
    I hope so. **** him.

Thread Information