Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Bulls**t. I have nothing against Rube and in fact like him quite a bit. It's a 'political' action in the arena in which it is enacted but the reasoning behind it is not political in nature if the charges being cited are legitimate. Stop treating people as if they're idiots, rufus-lite.

btw - I'm not even stating they have to impeach. But if they did it sure as hell would be warranted.
    Aww, you take potshots at me because I offend your boy. How nice.

Not that you bother to notice I've been saying the exact same thing you just did.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Impeachment has nothing to do with the law. One could impeach on a legal decision. Or a legal case. Or a legal suspicion. Or because you don't like the way he ties his shoes.

I am joking, of course. Dump has neither the mental nor physical dexterity to tie his shoes.
      Dexterity, hell. Can he bend over far enough to reach them?

My money's on 'no'

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Well yeah. World's full of idiots. If the Democratic party wants those people to vote for them, then they need to offer them a reason to do so. Just saying "we're Democrats" ain't gonna cut it.

Sure, it may take a while to impeach him. But they certainly ain't pulling out all the stops to get the investigatory process started. Its almost like they don't really want to do it, they just want to talk about doing it.

Just like Democrats do.
        If you have a way to speed up the judicial proceeding required to keep moving forward, by all means lets hear your plan. I too want him gone yesterday but its not like he or his corrupt justice department is going to just hand over the info. All of this will go up to the SCOTUS.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This actually made me tear up a little.

Fight hatred and stupidity with love and intelligence. And snark.
          That's a great sentiment. You should tell it to whoever posted this!

And it isn't as if Rover doesn't constantly deploy that kind of en passant college sophomore "humor" in his hamfisted attempts to appear clever. He's a Mom's basement internet bully; it's just hard to see it sometimes because he's also such a pus-sy, and because 83% of the time he targets those we shed no tears for. But he's still a boob.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            If you have a way to speed up the judicial proceeding required to keep moving forward, by all means lets hear your plan. I too want him gone yesterday but its not like he or his corrupt justice department is going to just hand over the info. All of this will go up to the SCOTUS.
            Its not the judicial thing. Its actually having some sort of urgency to get the answers. They're like, well, we've subpoeonaed his taxes, and McGhan, what else can we do? Not a thing, til the courts give us an answer on those. So, we'll just sit here, waiting patiently? After all, that's all we can do.

Comment

I came across this quote which might help keep eyes on the prize:

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one. -- Marcus Aurelius
              We all have different ways in which we want to fight the Nazis. The important thing isn't our differences; it is to defeat the Nazis. We should cut each other a break. Reserve the scorn for the real enemy.

We don't have to be in love to fight together.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And what about the Dem voters who see them doing nothing, and so are disillusioned and not energized enough as a result to turn out and vote for a party that won't even make an effort to save our democracy? Probably just as many as those, as the folks you claim will turn against them for impeaching.

The truth is, no one knows what the effect will be. Whether it encourages more Dem votes, or discourages them.

No one that is, but you, the only sane rational centrist in a world of radical partisans. You go, you.
                I am way more cynical. From what I can tell in order for oversight and Impeachment to work everyone needs to be acting in good faith and in the best interests of the country. When you have one party not willing to play by the rules there is no recourse or accountability. Rattling the saber by Impeaching when the entire GOP has lost their moral and ethical compass is an exercise in frustration. What will it achieve?

IMHO unless the Senate grows balls (only a rare ovary there) trying to Impeach will provide a massive stage for the GOP to cry out with outrage, spin, and twist everything- cementing their base's feeling of righteousness. The GOP will successfully play it by asking for proof and then claim there isn't really any when none is produced. It won't matter that the attempts were made. That will be irrelevant and another ability to claim persecution. You aren't going to flip a single Neanderthal to vote against the Cheeto. Period.

If they successfully gets thru the House you are not going to get the Senate do anything. The vast majority of Americans seem ignorant of the 2 step process. Feeling righteous that he is impeached might be enough for some and give a false sense that something has changed. Nixon was impeached and left. A lot of people had no idea Clinton could stay when he was impeached. When the Rump isn't ousted people are going to be shocked and view it as inept. Yet another platform for the GOP to excuse what ever he does.

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows he is guilty and are p1ssed. Start to impeach without the end result of removal and it takes the wind out of the sails. Currently people are ripping mad and they are going to vote. They aren't going to stay home. He helps by keeping up a steady stream of offensive behaviour. If they are disillusioned they might show up to vote in the primaries to get rid of the Dems who are 'doing nothing' but doubtful they are going to flip to the GOPs in their anger.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows he is guilty and are p1ssed. Start to impeach without the end result of removal and it takes the wind out of the sails. Currently people are ripping mad and they are going to vote.
                  I guess it is possible that people might say, "I would have gone out and vote against him but I won't bother now even if he wins we'll just impeach him anyway." People are that lazy.

OK. You convinced me. That's a substantive argument, not "if we start impeaching him and fail we'll look weak" (rebuttal: we won't and even if we do that's a lame excuse not to do the right thing) or "if we start impeaching him somebody might get mad" (rebuttal: the Nazis are already insane).
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I guess it is possible that people might say, "I would have gone out and vote against him but I won't bother now even if he wins we'll just impeach him anyway." People are that lazy.

OK. You convinced me. That's a substantive argument, not "if we start impeaching him and fail we'll look weak" (rebuttal: we won't and even if we do that's a lame excuse not to do the right thing) or "if we start impeaching him somebody might get mad" (rebuttal: the Nazis are already insane).
                    To me the reason to impeach is to force a vote and make everybody pick a side. At least it will be noted in history classes. If there is no impeachment, the Trump narrative will become history. Trump will be very hard to beat in 2020 whether they vote to impeach or not. When Trump wins again in 2020 and really starts to wreak havoc, I want every Republican on record as a "let's keep him."

Trump's worst impulses aren't even being seen yet, he knows he still has an election. If he wins that, he will act like the despots he admires so much. I'd expect actions against his enemies instead of just words if he wins again.

Comment

None taken. To the extent I've posted sexist crap that's wrong and I apologize. We probably disagree sometimes on what constitutes sexism, but gratuitously body-shaming 20-something women to get the dummies to guffaw hopefully fits both our definitions.

And it isn't as if Rover doesn't constantly deploy that kind of en passant college sophomore "humor" in his hamfisted attempts to appear clever. He's a Mom's basement internet bully; it's just hard to see it sometimes because he's also such a pus-sy, and because 83% of the time he targets those we shed no tears for. But he's still a boob.
                      I cant judge what is sexist towards a woman...I am a dude. Nothing you say offends me I just think it is a bit hypocritical to attack Rover for what he said when you have said similar stuff many times when describing women. (you seem to call a lot of the "homely" lately) I mean Rover may be sophomoric but your humor towards women is probably only in Grad School

Trust me my super liberal GF says things way worse than what Rover said or you or I say. Hell her ripping Melania will make your head spin. What Rover said is tame. I think you overreacted a bit in part because Monica has created quite a life for herself after the shaming and disgraceful way she was treated not because it was really that offensive. That is understandable BTW.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I'm more worried about them looking like they're getting nothing done. And since they can't get any legislation done at all because of the Senate. Actual oversight is there only option. And so far their grade on oversight of the Trump Administration is a big fat zero.
                        Me too which is why I have flipped my opinion in the last month. It is becoming clear that inaction looks worse than going after Trump. I think sitting on their hands will have a worse effect on the election than Impeaching will even it blows up in their face.

The cracks are there...its time to bust the **** and end this. Again we dont need many votes and right now his numbers arent great in the states he needs to keep flipped. Break out the jackhammer and beat this turd into the ground.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Bulls**t. I have nothing against Rube and in fact like him quite a bit. It's a 'political' action in the arena in which it is enacted but the reasoning behind it is not political in nature if the charges being cited are legitimate. Stop treating people as if they're idiots, rufus-lite.

btw - I'm not even stating they have to impeach. But if they did it sure as hell would be warranted.
                          First of all bite me dont compare me to rufus.

Rube wants him impeached, but he also doesnt want it to backfire. There will be no ramifications in the political sphere from the impeachment we all know it. To Rube (and many others btw) it isnt worth risking 4 more years of Trump to try it. Hell until a month ago I was in the same boat. I changed my mind for various reasons but Rube hasnt gotten to that point yet.

(unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying, in which case mea culpa)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                            To me the reason to impeach is to force a vote and make everybody pick a side. At least it will be noted in history classes. If there is no impeachment, the Trump narrative will become history. Trump will be very hard to beat in 2020 whether they vote to impeach or not. When Trump wins again in 2020 and really starts to wreak havoc, I want every Republican on record as a "let's keep him."

Trump's worst impulses aren't even being seen yet, he knows he still has an election. If he wins that, he will act like the despots he admires so much. I'd expect actions against his enemies instead of just words if he wins again.
                            Again, I ask what will that achieve? The GOP people are elected by folks who believe he is OK and are self delusional enough to be apologists for anything that would be unacceptable in any other human being. I am unclear what labeling what is already known achieves.

I don't think he is capable of a filter. The only thing that stops his impulses is if the 'right' person decides they aren't ok. This isn't about him so much as the others that surround him and what they are willing to say is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              The DOJ is now launching an anti-trust investigation into automakers who agreed to follow the CA emission standards over the national ones.
                              Well seeing as Ford is part of that deal that should go over REAL well in Michigan...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Does not impeaching have any political ramifications? Or do those not matter, since they don't involve Republicans?

Like the Rube, you're presenting this entirely from the view of the Republican side. No other considerations matter
                                I am not doing anything of the sort. Do you understand the difference between me stating something like the above and how that might be different from my personal opinion. (which I have posted multiple times including yesterday AGREEING WITH YOU!) My lord you talk about how dense The Rube is the amount of projecting you do is ****ed near Trumpian.

I want them to Impeach. Hell I was ****ed at Mueller because he pussed out which gave them the excuse NOT to move forward. I want them to spend every day between now and November 2020 not just telling the world how awful he is but proving it day after day after day. I would rather go down swinging then worrying about how it effects the polls. I wasnt always that way, but I am now.

But that doesnt mean everyone thinks that way and it surely doesnt make them wrong. None of us know how this will play out right now. But I would rather know the people were informed of everything when they voted. I am not going to shout down every person who disagrees with my personal belief though. That is your bit.

But yeah I am presenting things from the Republican point of view. Where do you come up with this crap...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X