Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    IF somehow Trump is re-elected, impeachment starts the day after the votes come in. And he should be impeached. Lil' Roofie doesn't quite understand how the world really works.
    lol

if Trumpy is reelected there is zero chance for impeachment

Comment

Hey, guess who brought up the topic once again this morning of those stupid hurricane maps, and it wasn't the media.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah he’s the one taking this farther again and again. I don’t care if it’s not terrible compared to other things he does- you can’t pretend this is ok or normal

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
          I get the feeling that if the economy is sound (not for the mid to lowers, but it never is), Dump will be reelected, as inconceivable as that seems. If that is true, Dems don't have as much to lose with impeachment proceedings. I'm one of those who has been cautious about impeachment because getting that child out of office is the most important electoral objective most of us have faced in our lifetimes, and we do not want to compromise our chances, even by doing the "right thing." The polls may be showing several likely Dem candidates with an edge over Trump, but I don't trust that data at this point. We don't know what additional facts Dems have in their file or what their polling data shows on impeachment (I get all my political smarts from West Wing), but I'm inclined to move forward now. But if they go, they need to go hard. Discovery will be difficult, and the referee is on their payroll.
          tD gonna win.... easy peasy
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            IF somehow Trump is re-elected, impeachment starts the day after the votes come in. And he should be impeached. Lil' Roofie doesn't quite understand how the world really works.
            Lol. No.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Really? Cause, last I knew, Congress appropriates money, and does so for specifically budgeted purposes. Is the president really allowed to take that appropriated money for a specific program, and use it instead for anything he wants?
              "Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper agreed Tuesday to free up $3.6 billion from the Pentagon budget for President Trump’s border wall by effectively defunding 127 military construction projects using emergency authorities.

Esper determined that the use of the military construction funds was necessary to support American forces deployed to the southern border with Mexico under the national emergency that Trump declared in mid-February. The formal determination allows Trump, under an obscure statute in the federal code overseeing the military, to tap the funds appropriated for other purposes without sign-off from Congress"

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/09...ilitary-funds/

I'm not supporting his idiotic policy. But, he has some legal standing however tenous that might be.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I get the feeling that if the economy is sound (not for the mid to lowers, but it never is), Dump will be reelected, as inconceivable as that seems. If that is true, Dems don't have as much to lose with impeachment proceedings. I'm one of those who has been cautious about impeachment because getting that child out of office is the most important electoral objective most of us have faced in our lifetimes, and we do not want to compromise our chances, even by doing the "right thing." The polls may be showing several likely Dem candidates with an edge over Trump, but I don't trust that data at this point. We don't know what additional facts Dems have in their file or what their polling data shows on impeachment (I get all my political smarts from West Wing), but I'm inclined to move forward now. But if they go, they need to go hard. Discovery will be difficult, and the referee is on their payroll.
                Perhaps, and sadly so, the most politically convenient economic event that could happen for the Democrats is a no-deal Brexit. The economic shock to a G7 economy, the entirety of the EU, and all of the UK's trading partners, will make things bad for everybody for a while. And Trump championed it whenever asked.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                  I agree Dems need to take action and that we shouldn't just wait it out until he screws the country even more before Nov 2020. However, i don't think we should base our actions off what Republicans would have done if the situation was reversed.

But yes, they'd be crying and throwing a fit if a Dem President was doing this.
                  I'm not saying it should be done because Repubs would do it in a heartbeat if positions were reversed. I'm saying it should be done because its the right thing to do. What check do we have on a lawless president if we refuse to use the one the Constitution provides?

Its the right thing to do. But further, its the necessary thing to do.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    lol

Yeah. Who doesn't understand how the world works?

I'm sure all those bankers sitting in prison for manipulating the markets and almost destroying the global economy sure regret their actions now.

Oh, wait.......

Comment

People, the Dems in the House are digging into this as best they can. However, they don't have the benefit (such as it is) of an independent council to do the work for them. That's going to mean slogging through multiple court cases to unearth evidence which they're doing now despite a corrupt Justice Dept obstructing them. Too many people want instant gratification. You need your ducks all in a row on this. If that takes time so be it.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                        If Trump gets reelected, there's no chance of impeachment with consequences because the Senate isn't flipping either. Do it now, make it miserable for him, get some rage tweeting that exposes himself for some other illegal activities.

Rinse and repeat.
                        Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        lol

Yeah, on top of that, if Trump is re-elected, there's a chance the house flips back.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Yeah he’s the one taking this farther again and again. I don’t care if it’s not terrible compared to other things he does- you can’t pretend this is ok or normal
                          That's the whole point. The original mistake was just Dump talking out of his as-s as usual -- a mistake, no big deal.

The serious problem is his inability to let it go, his tripling down, his desperately lying about it. That is the insight into the man's mind. Not that we needed it -- Dump has shown literally hundreds of times while in office that he is a classic NPD with thin skin. But it's a very dramatic example because while not many people can imagine lying about a call girl, or receiving hundreds of millions from their daddy, or actively stealing an election, we can all put ourselves in the position of the guy who makes a mistake and then triples down so not to be shown up because we have all been 11 years old, and the very thought that a 70-year old is still doing it is deeply shocking.

Dump has no emotional maturity. He is not a fully developed adult. That is appalling.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-05-2019, 09:33 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Yeah, on top of that, if Trump is re-elected, there's a chance the house flips back.
                            The only way the House flips back is widespread and significant electoral fraud. The problem is we cannot put that beyond this Republican party. They have no honor. These guys are in it so deep destroying democracy may be the only way for them to avoid jail time, and we all know based on their behavior of the last 25 years they are up for it.

Democracies have failed. We're in the fight of our lives. This is what the last 60 years have all been leading up to: this has been the central political reality of two generations.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 09-05-2019, 10:03 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              That's the whole point. The original mistake was just Dump talking out of his as-s as usual -- a mistake, no big deal.

The serious problem is his inability to let it go, his tripling down, his desperately lying about it. That is the insight into the man's mind. Not that we needed it -- Dump has shown literally hundreds of times while in office that he is a classic NPD with thin skin. But it's a very dramatic example because while not many people can imagine lying about a call girl, or receiving hundreds of millions from their daddy, or actively stealing an election, we can all put ourselves in the position of the guy who makes a mistake and then triples down so not to be shown up because we have all been 11 years old, and the very thought that a 70-year old is still doing it is deeply shocking.

Dump has no emotional maturity. He is not a fully developed adult. That is appalling.
                              And its not just a weather forecast. Its every single one of his policies. They don't work, they're bad, they make things worse, even the industries he's gutting regulations on don't want them gutted, he just doubles down and keeps claiming things are just fine. Because he can't be wrong, he knows more about everything than anyone.

His tariffs being the most obvious and easily seen example.

Comment

Yes, it's everything. The worst thing about Dump isn't the stupidity or the ignorance, as bad as those are. It isn't even the craven lack of character. It's that he has no adult understanding of human relations. He's is an actual perpetual toddler.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X