Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    No tricks needed to prove Dishonest Donnie is thinner.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      If the timing were different. Say, this all REALLY came about in the first year? FULL STEAM AHEAD. Period. No question.
      Meaningless. Constitution may as well be toilet paper.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Meaningless. Constitution may as well be toilet paper.
        It's timing and politics. I don't like it either. However, the sooner you admit that, the sooner you can work the system.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Really? Cause, last I knew, Congress appropriates money, and does so for specifically budgeted purposes. Is the president really allowed to take that appropriated money for a specific program, and use it instead for anything he wants?
          The Supremes basically said he can do whatever with the money earlier this year for whatever idiotic reason they gave.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            No fatties..[/COLOR]
            so.... no gay boys in 'bama?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The guy is an idiot...we know that. Hammering home stupid points like this one doesnt do anything constructive except let web sites like TPM circle jerk about it. The man says dumber things daily we dont need to hogpile on every one of them because it just looks petty.

The NWS fixed the problem just say he is wrong and move on.
              Essentially, you're saying he's made doing something like this a daily event so it's not longer news? Let's just let the President of the U.S. continue to say and do stupid and often illegal things because by now they're a common occurrence?

Comment

And you are thinking short term strategy.

If Dems go after him, with the length it will take to impeach him, and the blowback, it will backfire. I know, it sucks. But it will. Get him out of office, THEN bring full force of the law on his crimes. Pretty darn sure you could bust him on a lot of stuff.....
                It will backfire. He just knows it. Listen to the words of the rational centrist.

If what this guy has done doesn't merit impeachment, than what conduct by future presidents will? Substitute Barack Obama or Bill or Hillary Clinton for Trump, doing the same things, and still say they shouldn't be impeached?

I know your fellow Republicans would have something to say about that.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

It's timing and politics. I don't like it either. However, the sooner you admit that, the sooner you can work the system.
                  Sure you don't like it. "But what're ya gonna do? Thoughts and prayers."

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    Essentially, you're saying he's made doing something like this a daily event so it's not longer news? Let's just let the President of the U.S. continue to say and do stupid and often illegal things because by now they're a common occurrence?
                    And he's also saying don't exercise our duty as citizens to oppose tyranny because it might be bad politically.

That statement is worthy of the current DNC leadership.

We have no idea how it might play out politically. For all we know voters might respond positively to the Dems attempting to Constitutionally remove a cancer on the Presidency. And it is unequivocally the right thing to do. Dump is the biggest danger to democracy, the United States, and the world.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      And he's also saying don't exercise our duty as citizens to oppose tyranny because it might be bad politically.

We have no idea how it might play out politically. For all we know voters might respond positively to the Dems attempting to Constitutionally remove a cancer on the Presidency. And it is unequivocally the right thing to do. Dump is the biggest danger to democracy, the United States, and the world.

But......that's the sane, rational, centrist view.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        It will backfire. He just knows it. Listen to the words of the rational centrist.

If what this guy has done doesn't merit impeachment, than what conduct by future presidents will? Substitute Barack Obama or Bill or Hillary Clinton for Trump, doing the same things, and still say they shouldn't be impeached?

I know your fellow Republicans would have something to say about that.
                        I agree Dems need to take action and that we shouldn't just wait it out until he screws the country even more before Nov 2020. However, i don't think we should base our actions off what Republicans would have done if the situation was reversed.

But yes, they'd be crying and throwing a fit if a Dem President was doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I get the feeling that if the economy is sound (not for the mid to lowers, but it never is), Dump will be reelected, as inconceivable as that seems. If that is true, Dems don't have as much to lose with impeachment proceedings. I'm one of those who has been cautious about impeachment because getting that child out of office is the most important electoral objective most of us have faced in our lifetimes, and we do not want to compromise our chances, even by doing the "right thing." The polls may be showing several likely Dem candidates with an edge over Trump, but I don't trust that data at this point. We don't know what additional facts Dems have in their file or what their polling data shows on impeachment (I get all my political smarts from West Wing), but I'm inclined to move forward now. But if they go, they need to go hard. Discovery will be difficult, and the referee is on their payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No. Jesus man talk about a false friggin equivalency.

One of the two things is a legit issue...the other is worthless. If you cant see the difference it might be time you took a vacation.
                            The more it's reported the more I think it's an actual bonafide issue.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I get the feeling that if the economy is sound (not for the mid to lowers, but it never is), Dump will be reelected, as inconceivable as that seems. If that is true, Dems don't have as much to lose with impeachment proceedings. I'm one of those who has been cautious about impeachment because getting that child out of office is the most important electoral objective most of us have faced in our lifetimes, and we do not want to compromise our chances, even by doing the "right thing." The polls may be showing several likely Dem candidates with an edge over Trump, but I don't trust that data at this point. We don't know what additional facts Dems have in their file or what their polling data shows on impeachment (I get all my political smarts from West Wing), but I'm inclined to move forward now. But if they go, they need to go hard. Discovery will be difficult, and the referee is on their payroll.
                              IF somehow Trump is re-elected, impeachment starts the day after the votes come in. And he should be impeached. Lil' Roofie doesn't quite understand how the world really works.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                IF somehow Trump is re-elected, impeachment starts the day after the votes come in. And he should be impeached. Lil' Roofie doesn't quite understand how the world really works.
                                If Trump gets reelected, there's no chance of impeachment with consequences because the Senate isn't flipping either. Do it now, make it miserable for him, get some rage tweeting that exposes himself for some other illegal activities.

Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X