Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

It's the voters that are sick of the politics, and impeachment is a political move. And don't accuse me of voting like that. I don't. So, you can properly eff off.

Some voters will see this as a glory move for the Dems, and will vote Indie, or swallow the garbage and vote Trump to "continue to drain the political swamp." The voters that the Dems need (unless they get the ones that sit at home to get out and vote).

And IF Trump is re-elected, the Dems starting the impeachment process will look like they are finally doing something, and build on that for the next election.

It's twisted and totally effed up, but again, that is how it is in this world.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      And how, exactly?
      Because 20 some years ago the Rs impeached Clinton over less and it backfired in the next election (hint: it actually didn't.)

But our resident centrist sure seems to think impeachment is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
        Because 20 some years ago the Rs impeached Clinton over less and it backfired in the next election (hint: it actually didn't.)

But our resident centrist sure seems to think impeachment is a bad idea.
        I think it's a bad idea AT THIS TIME. And apparently, many Dems agree.

I don't think impeachment is a bad idea overall. For what he's done, he SHOULD be impeached.

Seems like a few people can't comprehend the difference in that.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I think it's a bad idea AT THIS TIME. And apparently, many Dems agree.

I don't think impeachment is a bad idea overall. For what he's done, he SHOULD be impeached.

Seems like a few people can't comprehend the difference in that.
          What many?

This precedent will destroy the country next President that pulls this ****. Not impeaching is an erosion that will not go away.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            What many?

This precedent will destroy the country next President that pulls this ****. Not impeaching is an erosion that will not go away.
            And that is a valid POV.

The way I look at it, the Dems are doing EVERYTHING to safeguard any questionable voter. I repeat, it's sad that politics is this way in today's world, but it is what it is. And even IF impeachment proceedings started, there's no guarantee he would be impeached, and can you imagine the carnage if Trump got re-elected after THAT? Good Lord.

Comment

And that is a valid POV.

The way I look at it, the Dems are doing EVERYTHING to safeguard any questionable voter. I repeat, it's sad that politics is this way in today's world, but it is what it is. And even IF impeachment proceedings started, there's no guarantee he would be impeached, and can you imagine the carnage if Trump got re-elected after THAT? Good Lord.
              Impeachment is guaranteed. Conviction won't happen because Moscow Mitch.

Only the House impeaches.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Impeachment is guaranteed. Conviction won't happen because Moscow Mitch.

Only the House impeaches.
                So the fake non-removal pretty much nothingburger. Even more reason to not pursue it, if that's the case. Why p*zz off some voters?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I just hope we all contribute a tenth of the time we spend here bych-preaching to the choir toward defeating Trump next year. Our words here are entertaining but accomplish nothing. In fact, if we continue to bych but do not donate considerable effort next year, we are the worst offenders of all, myself included.
                  It's what I do for a living, at least in part.

Comment

So the fake non-removal pretty much nothingburger. Even more reason to not pursue it, if that's the case. Why p*zz off some voters?
                    Sure. Just throw law out the window. Why not? And when the next guy does something precedent is in cement. Banana Republic we become.

Comment

Sure. Just throw law out the window. Why not? And when the next guy does something precedent is in cement. Banana Republic we become.
                      Welcome to the swamp that is US Politics.

It's not about what's right or wrong. It's about keeping their jobs and getting votes. Doesn't matter what side you are on.

Edit: we just have to hope that the NEXT person in office of whatever is better than the last person. It'll prob still be bad, but it's not AS bad as before.

Comment

Welcome to the swamp that is US Politics.

It's not about what's right or wrong. It's about keeping their jobs and getting votes. Doesn't matter what side you are on.
                        Aah yes. The cream on the Sundae. Both sides.

Comment

Aah yes. The cream on the Sundae. Both sides.
                          The Dems ate up Franken, which I think was wrong. They did it for the PR and "we're doing the right thing."

Comment

The Dems ate up Franken, which I think was wrong. They did it for the PR and "we're doing the right thing."
                            How is that both sides? No way Republicans do that. Franken would still be Senator.

Comment

How is that both sides? No way Republicans do that. Franken would still be Senator.
                              Step back, look at the forest. Everyone in office will do what they think it takes to keep their job/votes. It differs for each party, but the goal is the same.

Comment

Step back, look at the forest. Everyone in office will do what they think it takes to keep their job/votes. It differs for each party, but the goal is the same.
                                Lol. Not everyone. There would never have been Obamacare if that were true.

Comment

Working...
                                X