Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    There it is again. They're not all the same. Stop lying like Trump.
    Ok, you get to go join The Little Ball Of Hate in the club that doesn't want to have a true discussion.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Ok, you get to go join The Little Ball Of Hate in the club that doesn't want to have a true discussion.
      Every time I try you both sides it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Every time I try you both sides it.
        How many times have I heard: Well the Rs did it, why can't the Ds? Sounds like "both sides" to me. But keep on being you. I thought the Ds were better. Most are, some are not. (Hence why I like Amy K, she is not stooping to the Rs level, as of this moment).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Well seeing as Ford is part of that deal that should go over REAL well in Michigan...
          Downriver is Trump Country. Everything south of the Ford River Rouge plant might as well be Ohio.

Comment

But yeah I am presenting things from the Republican point of view. Where do you come up with this crap...
            I should just start showing rufus' and Scooby's posts to people who tell me I have anger issues.

Comment

Good article about bad person.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Good article about bad person.
                Holy ****. This is good.
                When David Brooks starts in on the coddled youths, traditionally it has been safe to assume that he is griping in a passive aggressive way about some poor underling who overheated the water for his chamomile tea; if this is unfair, it is because Brooks has in the past been willing to promote underlings to the newly-opened position of “spouse.”
                Top comment!
                Even as recently as, say, 15 or 20 years ago, the typical person didn’t read the New York Times regularly, and certainly didn’t read the opinion section regularly. And yet, you probably knew, through osmosis or whatever, that it was the paper of record, written by elites, with its opinion section being the most exclusive opinion real estate in the world, and so assumed that anyone who wrote a column for the New York Times was a smart person with important things to say whose opinion was worth respecting, if not holding up in reverence (and if you caught a snippet of a NYT opinion piece, it probably had enough of the trappings of intellectual discourse to affirm that sentiment). For those that did regularly read the NYT, the opinion section smelled enough like their own farts that even if they disagreed with the content they would affirm it reflexively as a serious, well-considered opinion. And even for those that disdained a column in the NYT, there was no way to make that disdain apparent, either to the writer in a way that the writer would have to see or deliberately ignore, or with a large enough platform such that the disdain would be inescapable.

Now, anyone can read any NYT column, and recognize that many are drivel, poorly written and poorly reasoned, and often with heavy doses of various forms of bigotry thrown in. And everyone can make their disdain readily known. So to be a NYT columnist was once a mark of unquestionable distinction deserving of extraordinary deference, by assumption on the part of most people. But now it just means that your ****ty essays receive extensive, actual scrutiny by everyone, including people with no vested interest in telling you how great you are, and these privileged *******s can’t handle it.
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-06-2019, 11:22 PM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I might be wrong, but I believe the California standard also matches standards in Canada, Mexico, and some Far East nations. Essentially, wherever NAFTA cars are shipped.

Forcing automakers to walk back standards for US vehicles would fracture the market radically.

We'd be left with entry level trucks (150/1500's made in Michigan) and whatever VW and Audi has parked at the Old Silverdome parking lot that would meet Trump's lowered bar.
                  Doesnt it seem sometimes like Trump is daring the people who voted for him not to vote for him in 2020. Outside of Evangelicals and NRA Fellators no one is safe. He puts in tariffs that kill the businesses of the farmers who support him, he attacks immigration so hard it is killing business that rely on migrant workers, he has put in initiatives that have not only not helped the rust belt but has actually hurt them, he is fighting corporations and preventing states from acting with any sovereignty...I mean it is almost like he is trying to prove to the world he can literally **** on everyone who loves him and they will still bow before him.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    It's the 'Republican' narrative, cause all you worry about are the consequences to Democrats should they impeach. That's what the Republicans push, that impeaching will hold disastrous consequences for the Democrats.

What if not impeaching is even more disastrous to the fortunes of the Democrats? You don't come at it from that angle, don't even consider it as a possibility. I know Rube doesn't. What if it's politically more advantageous for the Dems to impeach?

No one knows the answer. No one will know unless they actually impeach. So you want him impeached. So does Rube, or at least he says. But everyone's so afraid of actually doing it. Cause it may not be popular. It may not work. People may not like you as a result. Not cause its the right thing to do. The necessary thing to do

Today's Democrats in a nutshell.
                    Wrong. I care about the consequences to THE FRIGGIN PEOPLE! Since the Democrats are the ones fighting for the people I want them to succeed but make no mistake my loyalty is with "We the People" not any one party. That is why I support Impeachment which you seem to continue to ignore.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I should just start showing rufus' and Scooby's posts to people who tell me I have anger issues.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This was from a few pages back, but two things caught my attention:

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        You aren't going to flip a single Neanderthal to vote against the Cheeto. Period.
                        First, this part shouldn't even matter. The people that are going to be swayed aren't the one's still in the 35%. It's the ones who are slightly/somewhat disgusted by what Trump has done, and/or the ones who don't pay enough attention to the news to get all of the details.

The second part is where Dems can take advantage of great timing and a lot of people in that latter group being idiots/uninterested (but still vote):

The vast majority of Americans seem ignorant of the 2 step process. Feeling righteous that he is impeached might be enough for some and give a false sense that something has changed. Nixon was impeached and left. A lot of people had no idea Clinton could stay when he was impeached. When the Rump isn't ousted people are going to be shocked and view it as inept.
                        Impeachment is guaranteed in the house, but will never pass in the senate. However, there's a lot of dumb voters who could see the news from the house vote and assume it's a huge negative for Trump. That's when Dems need to hit the hardest with the news cycle. Get those voters who aren't paying a lot of attention to see that Trump was impeached before the rest of the process plays out in the senate.

Time it so that vote comes mid-to-late summer 2020 and that's a pretty ****ing effect for Trump heading into the debates.

But most importantly, impeachment is the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          This was from a few pages back, but two things caught my attention:

First, this part shouldn't even matter. The people that are going to be swayed aren't the one's still in the 35%. It's the ones who are slightly/somewhat disgusted by what Trump has done, and/or the ones who don't pay enough attention to the news to get all of the details.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why the Dems haven't done impeachment yet. They don't want to risk losing those people, who may think impeachment is politics as usual, aka "they're just doing that because Ds hate Rs, etc etc."

Comment

This is never about the Trumpers...this is about getting everyone who doesnt like him to vote. If we flip a few great but we dont need to to win.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is never about the Trumpers...this is about getting everyone who doesnt like him to vote. If we flip a few great but we dont need to to win.
                              100% correct. They're a complete waste of time and effort.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

100% correct. They're a complete waste of time and effort.
                                Agreed. It's the ones on the fence, the indie voters, etc. The MAGAs? Forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X