Agree with bak--why not? Participation and discussion on all the teams on this board continues to decrease. Canton was a good story last year, looking forward to see what they can do this year. Teams playing their bench? Can't see that until the game is in hand, too much on the line. As said pretty good record against the SUNYAC last year 8-5-1.
Unless my math is off I am counting 7-6-1....
Of those games:
- started their backup goalie with 1 of his 2 starts on the season
- several players who were in the bottom of games played on the season
Buff State (win, win)
- backup goalie 1 player who played 2 of his only 2 games vs Canton
- 2nd back up goalie
- dressed 15 skaters
- several players with less than 50% games played on the season played
- 1 player was his only game
Cortland (OT loss)
- 3 players with less than 45% games played on the season
Fredonia (Win and Tie)
- back up goalie(8 games played)
- 5 players with less than 50% games played on the season
- back up goalie with his ONLY game on the season
Potsdam (loss, win)
- played most of their team, was 4-11-1 in SUNY (princess clap)
- back up goalie
- played a lot of bench guys
- was a .500 team
Oswego (loss x2)
- got smoked in 2 games
- played their back up goalie in 1 game
- played several players with less than 10 games on the season
- got smoked
- still played a few guys with little to no game experience
Morrisville (win, win)
- its the freak ponies
does it really matter??
14 points in the conference would have put them ahead of Potsdam, Cortland, and Morrisville (minus two games so they COULD have possible jumped up, but thats another game vs Plattsburgh and Geneseo so im going to say no)
Thats 14 points with A LOT of teams (as Ive shown) playing back up goalies and back up players.
If you want to put Canton in the category of Cortland, Morrisville, and Potsdam...sure why not. As I said before, of those 7 wins, and or if the majority of those same SUNYAC schools put out the same roster as they do playing the top teams in the nation, Canton gets smoked in the majority of those games. Maybe not against the bottom of the SUNYAC, but again what are trying to compare them too. A cellar dweller SUNYAC team, or a team truly on the rise that can take on a fully powered, fully rostered, and best line up team and win...?? They are not even close to that yet.
Saw the SUNY No Co scrimmage. Potsdam is brutal not even a full roster. Canton the much better team.
Plus Potsdam has Mark Morris as an helper.. Going to be a long season at MAXY.
Hey Genny fans what happened to Will Campion, don't see him on the roster I know he got hurt in the Final 4 maybe that's it?????
Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-24-2019 at 09:21 AM.
With the season so close, I thought it might time for a preview of our beloved SUNYAC. Dmac left the puck st center ice so I'm going to pick it up and skate it in.
I spent minutes on the research and it was hard work. For laughs, I paired each team with its own SEC football doppelganger. Here's how they finished last year:
1) Geneseo Good.. LSU....geaux Ice Knights, the crown is heavy, no?
2) Oswego Good.. Georgia....plays well all year long, then......
3) Plattsburgh Good.. Alabama...Bear Bryant, Bob Emery and a whole lot of success.
4) Buff State Pretty Good .. Texas A&M....Middle of the pack, shows up some times.
5) Freddy Pretty Good.. Auburn...can surprise you, and disappoint you.
6) Brockport Not as Good.. Ole Miss....always looking up.
7) Potsdam Not as Good.. Miss State.....always looking up.
8) Cortland Sucks.. Arkansas...getting destroyed is as consistent as the leaves turn.
9) Morrisville Really Sucks..Vanderbilt...my apologies to Vandy.
As always, thank you very little
In the national scene, Alabama would be Stevens Point and St. Norbert would be Clemson.
Norwich maybe Ohio State?
Poll is up.
[Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
U.S. College Hockey Online
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)