Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunyac 2019-20

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Are we seriously back on the Canton bandwagon again because they beat a .500 Plattsburgh team?? Canton had the second worse goal differential vs the top SUNYAC teams (Geneseo and Oswego) at 4.3, only the Ponies were worse at 5.25 and no one else was above 3.5..... Yes they beat Adrian, in a game they didnt belong in being outshot 19 to 51!! Good goalie? Sure. Some of you people sound like Syracuse Football fans with your optimism. I know for a fact that a lot of teams (especially SUNYAC) play their bench more vs Canton. I don't think they would end up middle-SUNYAC if it was an actual league game. Good team? Sure, but lets pump the breaks here until they can string together quality wins and quality showings before we want to put them in the next bracket. Being outshot by nearly 40 shots on goal....not cutting it to be in the next category. So again, I go back to my original question...are we looking at Canton because they beat a .500 Plattsburgh team??
    Yea why not.....They are getting more real every year it seems,so Ill giv'em the benefit of the doubt,glass half full...got any dirt on the Platty recruitsPSU??

Comment

Agree with bak--why not? Participation and discussion on all the teams on this board continues to decrease. Canton was a good story last year, looking forward to see what they can do this year. Teams playing their bench? Can't see that until the game is in hand, too much on the line. As said pretty good record against the SUNYAC last year 8-5-1.

Comment

Umm no

Unless my math is off I am counting 7-6-1....

Of those games:
        Brockport (loss)
        - started their backup goalie with 1 of his 2 starts on the season
        - several players who were in the bottom of games played on the season

Buff State (win, win)
        - backup goalie 1 player who played 2 of his only 2 games vs Canton
        - 2nd back up goalie
        - dressed 15 skaters
        - several players with less than 50% games played on the season played
        - 1 player was his only game

Cortland (OT loss)
        - 3 players with less than 45% games played on the season

Fredonia (Win and Tie)
        - back up goalie(8 games played)
        - 5 players with less than 50% games played on the season
        - back up goalie with his ONLY game on the season

Potsdam (loss, win)
        - played most of their team, was 4-11-1 in SUNY (princess clap)

Plattsburgh (win)
        - back up goalie
        - played a lot of bench guys
        - was a .500 team

Oswego (loss x2)
        - got smoked in 2 games
        - played their back up goalie in 1 game
        - played several players with less than 10 games on the season

Geneseo (loss)
        - got smoked
        - still played a few guys with little to no game experience

Morrisville (win, win)
        - its the freak ponies
        4-19-2 overall
        2-13-1 conference
        does it really matter??

14 points in the conference would have put them ahead of Potsdam, Cortland, and Morrisville (minus two games so they COULD have possible jumped up, but thats another game vs Plattsburgh and Geneseo so im going to say no)

Thats 14 points with A LOT of teams (as Ive shown) playing back up goalies and back up players.

If you want to put Canton in the category of Cortland, Morrisville, and Potsdam...sure why not. As I said before, of those 7 wins, and or if the majority of those same SUNYAC schools put out the same roster as they do playing the top teams in the nation, Canton gets smoked in the majority of those games. Maybe not against the bottom of the SUNYAC, but again what are trying to compare them too. A cellar dweller SUNYAC team, or a team truly on the rise that can take on a fully powered, fully rostered, and best line up team and win...?? They are not even close to that yet.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Umm no

Of those games:
          Brockport (loss)

Buff State (win, win)
          - 2nd back up goalie
          - dressed 15 skaters

Cortland (OT loss)

Fredonia (Win and Tie)

Potsdam (loss, win)

Plattsburgh (win)
          - back up goalie
          - was a .500 team

Oswego (loss x2)
          - got smoked in 2 games

Geneseo (loss)
          - got smoked

Morrisville (win, win)
          - its the freak ponies
          4-19-2 overall
          2-13-1 conference
          does it really matter??

14 points in the conference would have put them ahead of Potsdam, Cortland, and Morrisville (minus two games so they COULD have possible jumped up, but thats another game vs Plattsburgh and Geneseo so im going to say no)

Thats 14 points with A LOT of teams (as Ive shown) playing back up goalies and back up players.

If you want to put Canton in the category of Cortland, Morrisville, and Potsdam...sure why not. As I said before, of those 7 wins, and or if the majority of those same SUNYAC schools put out the same roster as they do playing the top teams in the nation, Canton gets smoked in the majority of those games. Maybe not against the bottom of the SUNYAC, but again what are trying to compare them too. A cellar dweller SUNYAC team, or a team truly on the rise that can take on a fully powered, fully rostered, and best line up team and win...?? They are not even close to that yet.
          Bah Humbugg

Comment

Umm no

Of those games:
            Brockport (loss)

Buff State (win, win)
            - 2nd back up goalie
            - dressed 15 skaters

Cortland (OT loss)

Fredonia (Win and Tie)

Potsdam (loss, win)

Plattsburgh (win)
            - back up goalie
            - was a .500 team

Oswego (loss x2)
            - got smoked in 2 games

Geneseo (loss)
            - got smoked

Morrisville (win, win)
            - its the freak ponies
            4-19-2 overall
            2-13-1 conference
            does it really matter??

Fair enough. Now that your'e back, can you finish up the SUNYAC preview that Dmac started? Kidding aside, I always looked forward to that....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              Fair enough. Now that your'e back, can you finish up the SUNYAC preview that Dmac started? Kidding aside, I always looked forward to that....thanks

I wish. AA travel hockey out of Syracuse when you live over an hour away...plus 8U ....ZERO extra time lol

In all seriousness I do get your point. We all want a feel good story, but sometimes looking at the results we overlook the body as a whole.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I wish. AA travel hockey out of Syracuse when you live over an hour away...plus 8U ....ZERO extra time lol

In all seriousness I do get your point. We all want a feel good story, but sometimes looking at the results we overlook the body as a whole.
                Good Dad. Safe Travels

Comment

Saw the SUNY No Co scrimmage. Potsdam is brutal not even a full roster. Canton the much better team.

Plus Potsdam has Mark Morris as an helper.. Going to be a long season at MAXY.

Comment

Hey Genny fans what happened to Will Campion, don't see him on the roster I know he got hurt in the Final 4 maybe that's it?????
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-24-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

With the season so close, I thought it might time for a preview of our beloved SUNYAC. Dmac left the puck st center ice so I'm going to pick it up and skate it in.
                      I spent minutes on the research and it was hard work. For laughs, I paired each team with its own SEC football doppelganger. Here's how they finished last year:

1) Geneseo Good.. LSU....geaux Ice Knights, the crown is heavy, no?

2) Oswego Good.. Georgia....plays well all year long, then......

3) Plattsburgh Good.. Alabama...Bear Bryant, Bob Emery and a whole lot of success.

4) Buff State Pretty Good .. Texas A&M....Middle of the pack, shows up some times.

5) Freddy Pretty Good.. Auburn...can surprise you, and disappoint you.

6) Brockport Not as Good.. Ole Miss....always looking up.

7) Potsdam Not as Good.. Miss State.....always looking up.

8) Cortland Sucks.. Arkansas...getting destroyed is as consistent as the leaves turn.

9) Morrisville Really Sucks..Vanderbilt...my apologies to Vandy.

As always, thank you very little

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        With the season so close, I thought it might time for a preview of our beloved SUNYAC. Dmac left the puck st center ice so I'm going to pick it up and skate it in.
                        I spent minutes on the research and it was hard work. For laughs, I paired each team with its own SEC football doppelganger. Here's how they finished last year:

1) Geneseo Good.. LSU....geaux Ice Knights, the crown is heavy, no?

2) Oswego Good.. Georgia....plays well all year long, then......

3) Plattsburgh Good.. Alabama...Bear Bryant, Bob Emery and a whole lot of success.

4) Buff State Pretty Good .. Texas A&M....Middle of the pack, shows up some times.

5) Freddy Pretty Good.. Auburn...can surprise you, and disappoint you.

6) Brockport Not as Good.. Ole Miss....always looking up.

7) Potsdam Not as Good.. Miss State.....always looking up.

8) Cortland Sucks.. Arkansas...getting destroyed is as consistent as the leaves turn.

9) Morrisville Really Sucks..Vanderbilt...my apologies to Vandy.

As always, thank you very little
                        Nice job,but something about Freddy and Auburn,not sure what?? I would put Oswego and Wisconsin together if it was BIg 10 talk..plays well all year then...but 2019-20 will be different,unlike the badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Nice job,but something about Freddy and Auburn,not sure what?? I would put Oswego and Wisconsin together if it was BIg 10 talk..plays well all year then...but 2019-20 will be different,unlike the badgers.
                          Interesting takes. I feel like Oswego is more like LSU personally. Had a national title and always in the top 10, but usually always plays bridesmaid to Alabama.

In the national scene, Alabama would be Stevens Point and St. Norbert would be Clemson.

Norwich maybe Ohio State?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                            Saw the SUNY No Co scrimmage. Potsdam is brutal not even a full roster. Canton the much better team.

Plus Potsdam has Mark Morris as an helper.. Going to be a long season at MAXY.
                            They have a full roster listed. So, I don't know what happened that night.

And it's Maxcy.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              They have a full roster listed. So, I don't know what happened that night.

And it's Maxcy.
                              Where is the roster listed?

Good catch on miss spell, my bad. We all can't be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                                Where is the roster listed?

Good catch on miss spell, my bad. We all can't be perfect.
                                This site and collegehockeystats.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X