Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunyac 2019-20

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Canton is not in the SUNYAC. Just saying...
    Of course but what a nice season they put together last year.......

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      Of course but what a nice season they put together last year.......
      I was being facetious.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        D3Hockey.com is back on line this morning.
        No new content, however.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I can do one for Canton if wanted, I had some things happen at work so I have been offline. But I will be back this weekend to do some more previews.

Comment

I was being facetious.
            Gotta keep Russell on his toes, new season will be here before we know it.

Comment

I.have been away and not following the news, apparently D3 Hockey is having issues?

Comment

yes looks like Biggs has called it game over at this time,we will see what happens going forward,more on this in the off season thread.

Comment

We now have an official definition of upstate? Look @ the map.

https://www.nny360.com/sports/recrea...a06518586.html
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    We now have an official definition of upstate? Look @ the map.

https://www.nny360.com/sports/recrea...a06518586.html
                    LOL..when I lived in NYC for 23 yrs or so,I always said upstate was anything past Co-op city,which was the northern part of the Bronx......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      LOL..when I lived in NYC for 23 yrs or so,I always said upstate was anything past Co-op city,which was the northern part of the Bronx......
                      When I was in Cub Scouts we had a trip to West Point. I was so excited, because I was going to UPSTATE New York.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

When I was in Cub Scouts we had a trip to West Point. I was so excited, because I was going to UPSTATE New York.
                        perspective gotta love it.....my daughter went to sleepover volleyball camp this summer at West point,and when I was in prep school we used to play them/jv as well,beautiful campus,a visit worth the trip for those who have not been...Also my buddies son Dan Willett plays for RIT and a few of us from the firehouse went to the game at West Point nice rink as well.

Comment

I'm Back finally So I am starting up with Potsdam

[U]Graduated- Transferred-No longer on team[U]

Trevor Dennis D 67 GP 13 Pts
                          Mike Sweeney F 88 GP 30 Pts
                          Dom Horvath D 85 GP 10 Pts
                          Ben Mariano F 76 GP 21 Pts
                          Nate Skidmore G 47 GP .897 SV %

Incoming Players

Connor Green G 6'0" 179 LBS 19 GP 7 W 9 L 3.70 GAA .907 SV % Tampa Bay Juniors USPHL Premier

Ryan Lieth D 6'2" 185 LBS 44 GP 6 G 14 A 20 PTS 22 PIM New York Applecore EHL

Which SUNY Potsdam are we going to see each night seems to be the question for the past few years. They seem to play good against the top tier teams the past few years but play down against the lower tier teams. This year is no different from the past 2 years as they are going to start the year with a new starting new netminder. Gone is Nate Skidmore who was the starter for 1 year, back are Ryan Glander and Mike Paglucca. Neither one got that much action last year but if they are able to play well enough they will give Potsdam a starter for the next couple of years, incoming freshman Connor Green looks like he will be the #3 but he may surprise everyone. Potsdam's offense and defense didn't really lose much, the players who graduated were regulars but can be replaced. They return all their top scorers from last year, I didn't see any forwards on the incoming lists that I have seen but I am still looking. Same goes for the defensemen they lost a couple of good ones but still have most of the regulars returning and a incoming freshman looks good. Even with everything if the netminders are able to play well, they have a chance to at least stay close to .500 and maybe steal a few games like the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            I've always defined "Upstate" as Yonkers, with everything to the North of it included.

Manhattanites generally consider that vast area to be a howling wilderness, despite so many of them being from a Podunk somewhere in Iowa... And maybe they're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I've always defined "Upstate" as Yonkers, with everything to the North of it included.

Manhattanites generally consider that vast area to be a howling wilderness, despite so many of them being from a Podunk somewhere in Iowa... And maybe they're right.
                              It is a vast wilderness that is changing as far as Orange county goes,a lot of movement up this way,not sure for the better??

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I've always considered the part of New York south of Yonkers to be a post apocalyptic wasteland where no sane people would dare to venture
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X