Union College: 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College: 2019-2020

In the universe of Boston D1 college hockey and especially Hockey East, we were an unknown 7-8 years ago. IMO not so much any more. With Yale and Union winning national championships in 2013 and 2014, we and the ECAC have come a long way since the 1980's and Harvard and Cornell and Dryden. Before last week's loss to BU we were 2-2-1 against BU and 2-0 against BC, college hockey powers. It seems like more and more ECAC players are being recruited to the pro's as they recognize the leagues success. What makes our success and the success of the ECAC so remarkable is that we don't have, as they say in the business word, sustainable competitive advantage. Our success at Union is based on seamless support from all Union College stakeholders, great talent discovery and recruiting and great developmental coaching. It's a hard combination to orchestrate. It's going to be a very challenging month and a challenging year for fans and coaches alike. We lost so much. We had so many departures and injuries. The freshmen players are going to have a D1 "baptism by fire" as they work their way through a very difficult October. Regardless of the outcome, I am going to be cheering my guts out for them all the way.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 10-07-2019, 12:34 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Patience is required in deed. I honestly thought PK and PP was ok. To much space in the slot and the O-zone. Left Hanson high and dry.
      Again this is a blank sheet. I see a lot of talent here. Let the Gelling and Growing Commence.

Comment

When does the season start? UGH

Comment

2-1 loss to top NE, a moral victory for UC. Let's win tomorrow!!

Comment

In years past the non-ivy ECAC usually got off to a strong start with NC competition. This helped in the pairwise and translated into more ECAC teams qualifying for the NCAA tournament. Not sure this will be the case this year.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Another moral victory for the Dutchmen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                  Lerario received a 2:00 penalty at 9:30 of the 3rd for hitting after the whistle.
                  He scored the GWG at 11:42.

Comment

Can we keep up consistent physicality while honing the defense until the offense starts clicking? Can we use these non-conference games to prep for league play?
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Being undisciplined will cost you. Perfect example right there. Not the only time this year with Estes. (Great player, but needs to stay out of the box)

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
                        Lerario received a 2:00 penalty at 9:30 of the 3rd for hitting after the whistle.
                        He scored the GWG at 11:42.
                        An example of a player emerging from the penalty box and not being marked by the defense.
                        And, I understand, a quirky bounce of the puck to set him up in front.

Comment

Hey everyone, it's time once again for the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest! It takes about 2 minutes of your time for a whole season of fun and a chance at eternal glory!

(forgive the blatant copy-pasting to every ECAC-related thread)
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Another tough weekend for the Dutch at ZooMass. I understand the reasoning (PW), but UC seems to stack a tough schedule right out of the box in recent years, to poor results.

Comment

Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
                              Another tough weekend for the Dutch at ZooMass. I understand the reasoning (PW), but UC seems to stack a tough schedule right out of the box in recent years, to poor results.
                              Interesting question.
                              Is the goal to get more exposure for the program?

It will be interesting to see how U Mass does without Cole Makar (who is scoring a lot of points for Colorado.)

Comment

Originally posted by Another Province View Post
                                An example of a player emerging from the penalty box and not being marked by the defense.
                                And, I understand, a quirky bounce of the puck to set him up in front.
                                Crime doesn't pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X