Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 205

Thread: Union College: 2019-2020

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Please do that again .....
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    That Yale goalie was very very good. He gave up one goal all weekend and also shined against RPI. My vote for ECAC player of the week. We are playing much better. Unfortunately so is everyone else.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Fl.
    Posts
    172

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    The sun came out briefly this past weekend over Achilles. Alas, the clouds returned. Union is blessed with one of the best coaches in the game. The program is battling some headwinds this year. Rick Bennett is fashioning a new team. Better days are ahead. Road show to raise funds for new rink commences this month.
    Last edited by Miami Ice; 12-09-2019 at 02:28 PM.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    238

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Ice View Post
    The sun came out briefly this past weekend over Achilles. Alas, the clouds returned. Union is blessed with one of the best coaches in the game. The program is battling some headwinds this year. Rick Bennett is fashioning a new team. Better days are ahead. Road show to raise funds for new rink commences this month.
    What road show? Details?

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Some positive takeaways. Better period 2 and 3 play. All the scoring, except for Rinaldi, came from Freshmen. We got to 5 wins a lot sooner than I expected.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 12-14-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    62

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    3 wins in the last 4 games against teams that they need to beat to move up in the standings. The game against Brown was closer than the score and the game against Yale could just as easily have been a win with a couple of bounces. Some of the First Years need to focus on EVERY scoring chance to maximize on scoring chances. Hopefully, this will come from some experience. They still look like they are gripping their sticks a bit tight in the last 10 minutes when they have a lead. They are a bit fragile. But trending in the right direction. 3 Seniors in the lineup, with 12 Freshman and 9 Juniors, they could build for a strong year next year.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    A way back article from SI in the 70's. https://www.si.com/vault/issue/41220/47

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    59

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by UnionFan36Boom! View Post
    A way back article from SI in the 70's. https://www.si.com/vault/issue/41220/47
    1977. The year I graduated from Union. It was a fun time having hockey at U, especially with Harkness, who many of us hockey fans were familiar with.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    136

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    UC plays in the Old Friends Tournament this weekend... first against Kevin Sneddon and Vermont then against and Nate Lehman and Providence.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    136

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
    UC plays in the Old Friends Tournament this weekend... first against Kevin Sneddon and Vermont then against and Nate Lehman and Providence.
    Loss to Vermont
    Tie with Providence

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    In looking at the pairwise .. we are way down there at number 53. Half of the league is below 40. Same as the AHC. I don't ever remember us being this low in the pairwise.
    42 Rensselaer 18 8-10-1 0.4474 39 0.4656 42
    42 Air Force 18 6-9-3 0.4167 42 0.4640 43
    44 Miami 16 5-10-3 0.3611 46 0.4607 44
    45 Bentley 15 8-10-1 0.4474 39 0.4601 45
    46 Yale 14 5-8-0 0.3846 45 0.4578 46
    47 Holy Cross 12 5-11-4 0.3500 47 0.4470 47
    47 Niagara 12 4-11-3 0.3056 50 0.4455 48
    49 Vermont 11 3-12-2 0.2353 56 0.4442 49
    50 Lake Superior 10 7-18-1 0.2885 52 0.4399 50
    51 Ferris State 9 6-13-2 0.3333 48 0.4397 51
    52 Merrimack 8 4-14-2 0.2500 54 0.4386 52
    53 Union 7 6-14-1 0.3095 49 0.4367 53
    54 Princeton 6 2-11-4 0.2353 56 0.4274 54
    54 Canisius 6 5-12-1 0.3056 50 0.4226 55
    56 Brown 4 3-11-0 0.2143 58 0.4210 56
    57 Mercyhurst 3 4-12-1 0.2647 53 0.4196 57
    58 Alaska Anchorage 2 3-12-3 0.2500 54 0.4149 58
    59 St. Lawrence 1 3-15-3 0.2143 58 0.4065 59
    60 Alabama Huntsville 0 1-16-3 0.1250 60 0.3962 60
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Well im sure a good chunk of the reason is buy losing to some teams that are on this bottom list.
    and then losing to Northeastern really did not help much.
    However we did have some wins against some of these other bottom dwellers too.

    However this is really a year of rebuliding, injuries and movements. IT HAPPENS. Tough to see, but it happens.
    We will get back.


    42 Rensselaer 18 8-10-1 0.4474 39 0.4656 42
    42 Air Force 18 6-9-3 0.4167 42 0.4640 43
    44 Miami 16 5-10-3 0.3611 46 0.4607 44
    45 Bentley 15 8-10-1 0.4474 39 0.4601 45
    46 Yale 14 5-8-0 0.3846 45 0.4578 46
    47 Holy Cross 12 5-11-4 0.3500 47 0.4470 47
    47 Niagara 12 4-11-3 0.3056 50 0.4455 48
    49 Vermont 11 3-12-2 0.2353 56 0.4442 49
    50 Lake Superior 10 7-18-1 0.2885 52 0.4399 50
    51 Ferris State 9 6-13-2 0.3333 48 0.4397 51
    52 Merrimack 8 4-14-2 0.2500 54 0.4386 52
    53 Union 7 6-14-1 0.3095 49 0.4367 53
    54 Princeton 6 2-11-4 0.2353 56 0.4274 54
    54 Canisius 6 5-12-1 0.3056 50 0.4226 55
    56 Brown 4 3-11-0 0.2143 58 0.4210 56
    57 Mercyhurst 3 4-12-1 0.2647 53 0.4196 57
    58 Alaska Anchorage 2 3-12-3 0.2500 54 0.4149 58
    59 St. Lawrence 1 3-15-3 0.2143 58 0.4065 59
    60 Alabama Huntsville 0 1-16-3 0.1250 60 0.3962 60

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Glad Foo is back !!!
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  14. #154
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Delta Lake,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,689

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Nice tie U !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Union has added goaltender Josh Graziano for the second half of the 2019-20 season.

    A Buffalo native, Graziano played this season for the NAHL’s New Mexico Ice Wolves, going 3-13-0 with a 3.54 GAA, a .906 save percentage and one shutout.

    “It was a difficult decision to leave a community that will always have a place in my heart, but I am excited for the next step in my career,” Graziano said in a news release. “Thank you to all my teammates, coaches, Ice Wolves staff and fans for all of the support this year. From top to bottom, the NM Ice Wolves have been the best junior organization I’ve ever experienced and is filled with amazing people who want nothing but the best for all of us players.”

    “I couldn’t be prouder for Josh and our organization,” added Ice Wolves coach Phil Fox, who played at Northern Michigan from 2007 to 2011. “The NAHL is the League of opportunity and this is exactly what we want to happen for our players. Josh has earned this opportunity through his hard work and dedication.”
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  16. #156
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,223

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Union has added goaltender Josh Graziano for the second half of the 2019-20 season.

    A Buffalo native, Graziano played this season for the NAHL’s New Mexico Ice Wolves, going 3-13-0 with a 3.54 GAA, a .906 save percentage and one shutout.

    “It was a difficult decision to leave a community that will always have a place in my heart, but I am excited for the next step in my career,” Graziano said in a news release. “Thank you to all my teammates, coaches, Ice Wolves staff and fans for all of the support this year. From top to bottom, the NM Ice Wolves have been the best junior organization I’ve ever experienced and is filled with amazing people who want nothing but the best for all of us players.”

    “I couldn’t be prouder for Josh and our organization,” added Ice Wolves coach Phil Fox, who played at Northern Michigan from 2007 to 2011. “The NAHL is the League of opportunity and this is exactly what we want to happen for our players. Josh has earned this opportunity through his hard work and dedication.”
    Apparently this was announced in November....

    https://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=28167
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Yale: 5-0 shutout
    Union mustered just 11 shots through the first two periods, and were fortunate to go into the locker room with a 0-0 tie after the first period, when the Bulldogs had a 12-3 advantage in shots. The Dutchmen’s starting goalie Darion Hanson was pulled from the game after having given up four goals, and freshman Josh Graziano, who committed to Union after the start of the season, made his first appearance in a Dutchmen uniform in the third period.

    Tonight, the team ranked 58/60 in NCAA DI team scoring (UNION 1.67 GPG) faces the team that is ranked 60/60 in NCAA DI team scoring (BROWN 1.61 GPG).
    Still no offense.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    38

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Yale: 5-0 shutout
    Union mustered just 11 shots through the first two periods, and were fortunate to go into the locker room with a 0-0 tie after the first period, when the Bulldogs had a 12-3 advantage in shots. The Dutchmen’s starting goalie Darion Hanson was pulled from the game after having given up four goals, and freshman Josh Graziano, who committed to Union after the start of the season, made his first appearance in a Dutchmen uniform in the third period.

    Tonight, the team ranked 58/60 in NCAA DI team scoring (UNION 1.67 GPG) faces the team that is ranked 60/60 in NCAA DI team scoring (BROWN 1.61 GPG).
    Still no offense.
    After watching Union play Cornell so tough last Saturday I’m surprised that a pedestrian Yale team took Union to the woodshed. And how can you explain that with those GPG stats Union is the ONLY team so far to score more than 2 on Cornell in a game?

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    59

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Yet another lost season for the Dutchmen. Need a new coach. Meanwhile, the Friars keep flying high.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    That first period against Brown was painful to watch.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •