Union College: 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2019-2020

The UC fan boys. No wonder no one posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
      The UC fan boys. No wonder no one posts here.
      That's kind of funny... considering I root for RPI. Par for the course... Ha
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Of the top six active NCAA DI Active Coaches based on winning percentage (over 100 wins) the ECAC has three. Bennett is a very respectable 5th.

HASTINGS, MIKE 188 80 22 .686
        JACKSON, JEFF 505 243 82 .658
        BAZIN, NORM 191 102 28 .639
        SCHAFER, MIKE 458 259 95 .623
        BENNETT, RICK 179 104 38 .617
        PECKNOLD, RAND 440 260 81 .615
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Union picked up a commitment for 2020-21 from West Kelowna Warriors forward Trevor Adams.

He was previously committed to Air Force.

Comment

We beat Ithaca (ranked 8th place NCAA DIII) in Football for our 8th win of the season and the Championship of the Liberty League. We remain undefeated with two more games to play.
            Last edited by Dutchman; 11-02-2019, 08:53 PM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I am still thinking 5-6 wins at most this season and bottom 4 in the ECAC. Opponents are basically shutting us down in the final period of play time and time again.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

ECAC time. With Merrimack, Vermont and Providence thrown in for good measure. Let's go UC!!!!

Comment

Through 10 games, or about 1/3 of the season, we are being outshot in period 3 (67/107) and outscored (3/11). Even worse we are being outshot in period 2 (65/112). Against the tougher opponents we are getting completely shut down in period 3 struggling to get the puck out of our zone. We are 2-8 and there are no more weak teams on our schedule going forward. St. Lawrence, Colgate and Merrimack are not weak. Canisius was weak and we split.

If my calculations are correct, with the loss of Adams, Morgan and Foo, we have lost 79% of last years scoring. Zack, our defensive forward, is our leading scorer with 3 goals. How crazy is that.

It would be nice to win one this weekend., We have not yet won at home. Can we improve faster than everyone else is improving?
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 11-06-2019, 05:48 PM.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Through 10 games, or about 1/3 of the season, we are being outshot in period 3 (67/107) and outscored (3/11). Even worse we are being outshot in period 2 (65/112). Against the tougher opponents we are getting completely shut down in period 3 struggling to get the puck out of our zone. We are 2-8 and there are no more weak teams on our schedule going forward. St. Lawrence, Colgate and Merrimack are not weak. Canisius was weak and we split.

If my calculations are correct, with the loss of Adams, Morgan and Foo, we have lost 79% of last years scoring. Zack, our defensive forward, is our leading scorer with 3 goals. How crazy is that.

It would be nice to win one this weekend., We have not yet won at home. Can we improve faster than everyone else is improving?
                    Clarkson is among the ECAC's best. St Lawrence, well, that's a different level. Let's see how we do tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
                      Clarkson is among the ECAC's best. St Lawrence, well, that's a different level. Let's see how we do tonight.
                      Not so good. Things can ONLY get better.

Comment

Outstanding moment before the game tonight:

Comment

Union has a new recruit, Ville Immonen of the NAHL's Minot Minotauros.

It appears the quality of Union's hockey facilities played a role in swaying him to campus:

“During my visit to Union, I got the feeling that I am really wanted there and all the coaches and players were really nice and helpful. They told me that it’s their goal to win a National Championship during the next four years. Also their campus is really cool and facilities for hockey are next level.”
                          I love Union hockey. But lets be honest, that last line about "next level" hockey facilities definitely merits a gif like this one.
                          Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 11-11-2019, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                            Union has a new recruit, Ville Immonen of the NAHL's Minot Minotauros.

It appears the quality of Union's hockey facilities played a role in swaying him to campus:

I love Union hockey. But lets be honest, that last line about "next level" hockey facilities definitely merits a gif like this one.
                            This is his first year playing outside Finland.
                            He may be a good "under the radar" pickup.
                            Will he be Union's first player from Finland?

Comment

Daniel Carr was AHL Player of the Week, with 3 game-winning goals.
                              Let's hope he is back in Nashville soon.
                              https://theahl.com/carr-ahl-player-of-the-week

Comment

After 12 we are averaging 1.5 goals/game and giving up 3.42 goals/game. First 1/3 of the season. We should see improvement in the next 12.
                                56/60 team offense
                                44/60 team defense
                                52/60 power play
                                26/60 penalty kill
                                37/60 penalty min
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 11-14-2019, 04:23 AM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X