Union College: 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union College: 2019-2020

This is the Union College "Dutchmen" hockey thread for 2019-2020.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Re: Union College: 2019-2020

Union College Facebook Hockey Fans - Public
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/384658531573749/
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Our Schedule - College Hockey News
      https://www.collegehockeynews.com/sc.../team/Union/54
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Last years incoming Freshmen ... how did they do and who will contribute this year?

Last years FIRST-YEAR Player Profiles for the 2018-19 Season:

Lucas Breault - 5.10/170, Right Shot, Forward, Toronto, Ontario - played last year in the United States Hockey League for the Sioux Falls Stampede and Central Illinois Flying Aces. Lucas will provide added skill and playmaking ability to our line-up this season. As a young player in one of the toughest junior leagues Lucas adapted well throughout the season.

Blake Hayward - 6.1/200, Left Shot, Forward, Vancouver, British Columbia - member of the Prince George Spruce Kings in the British Columbia Hockey League last season. Blake plays the game physical, fast, and with an edge. He can play either wing or center.

Sam Morton - 5.11/170, Left Shot, Forward, Lafayette, CO - dressed last year for the Wenatchee Wild...the British Columbia Hockey League Champions. Sam had a very productive year individually and with his team by making it to the Royal Bank Cup Finals in Canada. Sam will add depth to our center/left wing position with his hockey sense, competitiveness, and scoring ability.

Fletcher Fineman - 6.3/205, Right Shot, Defenseman, Lake Worth, FL - captained the Springfield Jr. Blues of the North American Hockey League. Fletcher will bring value to areas of our line-up in terms of size, leadership, and a reliable presence.

Micheal Ryan - 5.10/175, Right Shot, Defenseman, Atlanta, GA - suited up for the West Kelowna Warriors of the British Columbia Hockey League. Mike brings an element of speed and quickness to the Dutchmen back end. He was one of the faster skaters in the BCHL and also one of the most offensive defenseman in the league.

Ryan Sidorski - 6.2/190, Right Shot, Defenseman, Williamsville, NY- played for the Buffalo Jr. Sabres of the Ontario Junior Hockey League. Ryan will add toughness, dependability, and size to our D-corps this season. He plays an in-the-opponents-face style that is appreciated by his teammates.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Last years predictions:

Bucci PreSeptember Top 16

Princeton 5th
          Clarkson 11th
          Dutchmen 15th
          Last edited by Dutchman; 08-13-2019, 12:13 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Any word on how the Dutchwomen will do this year?
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

10 Non-Conference
              6 Against HE including 2 against #1 team, UMASS, 2 against #2 team Northeastern, 1 against #5 team BU.
              3 Against AHC
              1 Against ECAC (RPI)
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The height and weight of the incoming class vary widely based on the recruiting sites that are reporting as much. My sense is that our men's hockey program conservatively reports height and weight as freshmen and then keep reporting that height and weight throughout their college career.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dutch lose last year's top scorer. Ugh. Tough schedule too. Ugh.

Comment

i like the first two weekends schedule.Love seeing hockey East schools in capital district.

Comment

I would like to plan a trip out for a weekend before the end of November. Can those who know the team and the opponents give me an idea which weekend they would recommend? I would like to do one weekend home and one away. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                        I would like to plan a trip out for a weekend before the end of November. Can those who know the team and the opponents give me an idea which weekend they would recommend? I would like to do one weekend home and one away. Thanks.
                        This year we "square off" against three of the top teams in Hockey East and in the country, UMASS (Amherst), Northeastern and BU. UMASS went all the way to the NCAA finals last year. We play two against UMASS AWAY - October 18-19

We play another Hockey East Power, Northeastern, for two on October 11-12 at HOME. Northeastern finished second in HE last year.

IMO, Another good matchup will be at HOME vs Clarkson on November 8 and St. Lawrence on November 9.
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Can't wait 'til the puck drops!!!
                          Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

I think our biggest question mark going into the season is how quickly our young offense can adapt to the college level. It will take some time for the lines to build chemistry and hopefully mesh well for a second half run. It will be interesting to see who steps up for the offense. My dark horse pick is Blake Hayward, I thought he showed flashes of brilliance in limited time last year (aside from a few too many penalties.) On a positive note, our goalie situation will be better this year. Hansen is the guy and should be very solid for us. Our veteran defense should also improve from last year as well.
                            Union College Hockey
                            2014 NCAA National Champions
                            2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              This year we "square off" against three of the top teams in Hockey East and in the country, UMASS (Amherst), Northeastern and BU. UMASS went all the way to the NCAA finals last year. We play two against UMASS AWAY - October 18-19

We play another Hockey East Power, Northeastern, for two on October 11-12 at HOME. Northeastern finished second in HE last year.

IMO, Another good matchup will be at HOME vs Clarkson on November 8 and St. Lawrence on November 9.
                              Thank you. Those are some great suggestions. I will make at least one of those work.

Comment

Working...
                              X