Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Screw you, Hillary.

Basically, Hillary is now a TERF (trans exclusionary radical feminist)).
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Screw you, Hillary.

YMMV but I don't see that in her remarks. Maybe she has said other stuff. I have read TERFs who have flat out said: a trans woman can never be a "real" woman because she lacks the lived experience of a girl growing up. Now that's a hardcore TERF!

It's a stupid path for her to go down because there's nothing good at the end of it. She is Hillarysplaining. Trans women don't need Hillary's opinion on this, and women under the age of 80 don't need her opinion on, frankly, anything. She could just as easily have said, "I'm really old and I live in a New York Review of Books bubble and the world has passed me by."

But I don't see it as TERF. Just tonedeaf and patronizing and oblivious in her patented way of the last 30 years. She sucks; this isn't the first clue.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    “ JUST IN: The bishop selected by the pope to investigate sexual abuse in the church’s Buffalo, New York, diocese is being accused of abuse himself.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-in-church-is
    The church learned a lot from the cops. Sweep it under the rug for years, until they can't. Then, do token investigations of themselves and find they did nothing wrong.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Screw you, Hillary.

No, I don't think so. She's basically "both sides-ing" in the way that Hillary does worst, and I agree with Kep she should just stay away from such questions altogether. She does neither side any favors with these mealy-mouthed, "Well, it's complicated" type answers.

In a way, she's right. My perception is that the whole TERF thing is mostly generational - older people, in this case older feminists, feeling threatened by cultural change ("What happened to us man-hating lesbian feminists Rush Limbaugh used to feel threatened by!?") and getting cranky about it is nothing new. In an era without the Internet, they'd have little to no platform to express and spread their little bigotries, but such in the price of technological progress.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    ď JUST IN: The bishop selected by the pope to investigate sexual abuse in the churchís Buffalo, New York, diocese is being accused of abuse himself.Ē

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-in-church-is
    Fisherman always sees another fisherman

She just needs to be quiet. Stay home and blow bubba. Let it dribble down her blue muumuus

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    YMMV but I don't see that in her remarks. Maybe she has said other stuff. I have read TERFs who have flat out said: a trans woman can never be a "real" woman because she lacks the lived experience of a girl growing up. Now that's a hardcore TERF!

It's a stupid path for her to go down because there's nothing good at the end of it. She is Hillarysplaining. Trans women don't need Hillary's opinion on this, and women under the age of 80 don't need her opinion on, frankly, anything. She could just as easily have said, "I'm really old and I live in a New York Review of Books bubble and the world has passed me by."

But I don't see it as TERF. Just tonedeaf and patronizing and oblivious in her patented way of the last 30 years. She sucks; this isn't the first clue.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Kuwaitis and Qataris will be happy
    True story: I worked on a 70-seat regional jet called the Dornier 728 (basically a Canadair Regional Jet knockoff). Even though it hadnít flown (and ultimately never did), they were already working on a business jet derivative. A business jet obviously doesnít need 70 seats, and therefore doesnít need nearly as much cargo space for luggage. So when you make a biz jet derivative, the common thing to do is put a bunch of auxiliary fuel tanks in the cargo bay, since biz jet customers do love extra range.

Except that they had one potential customer who DIDNíT care about the range but did want to maximize cargo space. I never knew for sure what country he was from, but I suspect he was UAE. In any case, he was ponying up enough money that Dornier was going to build him a special version of the aircraft (with a new FAA certification) with only two aux tanks instead of five. The reason? The plane was going to be for his (favorite?) wife, so that she could fly to London for her shopping trips. Two aux tanks was enough to get her there, and she needed the cargo room for all her purchases. We called it ďThe Shopping Cart.Ē

When you can commission your own aircraft type, thatís real money.

That they have

Colleagues have summer (war room homes) in Swiss, France, Greece and London.

Oh, yeah - when I lived in Geneva, it was amazing to see every summer - literally every few blocks you could count on seeing a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, etc with Arabic license plates. They brought them with them on their own m-fing planes. Incredible.

Fisherman always sees another fisherman
    Redtube: Something for everyone.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No, I don't think so. She's basically "both sides-ing" in the way that Hillary does worst, and I agree with Kep she should just stay away from such questions altogether. She does neither side any favors with these mealy-mouthed, "Well, it's complicated" type answers.

In a way, she's right. My perception is that the whole TERF thing is mostly generational - older people, in this case older feminists, feeling threatened by cultural change ("What happened to us man-hating lesbian feminists Rush Limbaugh used to feel threatened by!?") and getting cranky about it is nothing new. In an era without the Internet, they'd have little to no platform to express and spread their little bigotries, but such in the price of technological progress.
    She just needs to be quiet. Stay home and blow bubba. Let it dribble down her blue muumuus
    You do recall she came around on gay marriage because of "electoral necessity," right? And it may not sound TERF-y to you, but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women," I rang the TERF bell.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Lucia Apologist

You do recall she came around on gay marriage because of "electoral necessity," right? And it may not sound TERF-y to you, but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women," I rang the TERF bell.
    Do you know that for sure? Does that put Obama in a similar classification? He didnít come around until 2008 or 2010. I canít remember.

Everyone* evolves and does so for different reasons. Reasons are important sometimes but are also secondary. The important thing is the evolution.

I do think you have a point about her statement. It has problems but it depends on the context and intent. If itís because she thinks trans people are scary and will assault women or they arenít women, yeah, thatís bad. But I think Kep and Fade explained that better.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Do you know that for sure? Does that put Obama in a similar classification? He didn’t come around until 2008 or 2010. I can’t remember.
    Yes, of course both of them came around for electoral reasons. They are politicians. They do everything for electoral reasons. Their mindset is their political persona.

Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Never Forget!

Ain't free speech grand?

Internet Nutcase
    but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women,"
    I know some women would be uncomfortable sharing a locker room with you at least until youíve had bottom surgery ó including many that would otherwise consider themselves your ally. Iím not sure if she meant things like that. Itís going to take some people a while to wrap their head around the fact that having a ***** doesnít mean someone is a man.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I know some women would be uncomfortable sharing a locker room with you at least until youíve had bottom surgery ó including many that would otherwise consider themselves your ally. Iím not sure if she meant things like that. Itís going to take some people a while to wrap their head around the fact that having a ***** doesnít mean someone is a man.
    I have to admit, that'd be weird. Same with a woman who trans-ed to a man in a men's locker room; all the hair/pecs/etc, but no bottom part. It's unfamiliar, and goes against everything most of us have been brought up with. I don't say that with malice, not one bit. It's just very unfamiliar territory, and as humans, we generally are uncomfortable with change. It takes getting used to.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Ain't free speech grand?
    But don't call them Nazis...or else!

I stopped caring about which bathroom/locker room someone uses when I had a coworker come out as trans male, then I quit for another firm (in no way due to that guy), and started working on projects with a trans woman who is from New York and has lost none of her Lawn Guyland-ness despite the transition (probably 15-20 years ago for her now).

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I have to admit, that'd be weird. Same with a woman who trans-ed to a man in a men's locker room; all the hair/pecs/etc, but no bottom part. It's unfamiliar, and goes against everything most of us have been brought up with. I don't say that with malice, not one bit. It's just very unfamiliar territory, and as humans, we generally are uncomfortable with change. It takes getting used to.
    Americans are a different shade taliban.
    As mookie has travelled, only in the Middle East and far west Middle East () does one need a same sexer to clean the John. Asia and Europe have broads cleaning the menís room in a most professional manner. Dudes now know how to just pee or poo and not get worked up whipping it out in front of them. Adults can adult.

Thread Information