Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Americans are a different shade taliban.
    As mookie has travelled, only in the Middle East and far west Middle East () does one need a same sexer to clean the John. Asia and Europe have broads cleaning the menís room in a most professional manner. Dudes now know how to just pee or poo and not get worked up whipping it out in front of them. Adults can adult.
    The Puritan stain is still on us.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    A significant part of our brain disease came up through that root.

My only HS teacher with a PhD taught AP American History. He was famous for his emphasis on the Puritans and assigned a research paper on them each year that was due right before Thanksgiving. We then got around to less important topics like the Revolutionary War, US Constitution, slavery, Civil War, etc. We had only made it up to the start of WW1 on the day of the AP exam.

But he was smart to focus on the Puritans - their stench really does permeate nearly all facets of American life, from our excessive work ethic, to our punitive justice system, to our extreme hang ups with sex and drugs, etc.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by LynahFan View Post
    My only HS teacher with a PhD taught AP American History. He was famous for his emphasis on the Puritans and assigned a research paper on them each year that was due right before Thanksgiving. We then got around to less important topics like the Revolutionary War, US Constitution, slavery, Civil War, etc. We had only made it up to the start of WW1 on the day of the AP exam.
    I don't think I ever had an American History class at any level (elementary, middle, high school) make it past, like, 1900.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Lucia Apologist

But he was smart to focus on the Puritans - their stench really does permeate nearly all facets of American life, from our excessive work ethic, to our punitive justice system, to our extreme hang ups with sex and drugs, etc.
    You made it past the industrial revolution before the test? Cripes. I had to study on my own, which our teacher warned us about. He was fantastic though. Focused on the right parts.

I was only one of three kids to pass. All that time in front of the History Channel was worth something. Now? Lol!!!!!!

Yeah, and we had a question on the AP Exam on the Iranian hostage crisis (in 1990 - it was on 11 years before). That was my only 4 to go with my five 5s.

Both my HS Modern European History and American History classes ended with the Senate rejecting Wilson's 14 Points. It was also a running joke in our school for years, and I was amazed when I got to college that many other kids had the same joke. "And then the 20th Century happened kthxbai."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

IIRC, we just barely made it to WW2. But most of the class (10th graders) got 3s or 4s. A few 5s from the overachievers.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Yeah, and we had a question on the AP Exam on the Iranian hostage crisis (in 1990 - it was on 11 years before). That was my only 4 to go with my five 5s.
    IIRC, I had 5s on calc AB and BC, chemistry, psych, and stats. I had fours on both C physics, English, Econ (might have been a five), and a three in APUSH.

Edit: ap was the best and worst thing I ever did. Worst because I was woefully unprepared for how to learn in college. Took me two years to get back to a respectable GPA. Best because what entry level courses I did take in college, I got to pick whichever lecture times and discussion times I wanted.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I had to study on my own, which our teacher warned us about.
    For AP Government, we spent pretty much the whole year on US government and only got to comparative government at the very end. I basically read the textbook cover to cover twice in the weeks before. Must have worked as I got a 5, maybe everyone else in the country was in the same spot.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Edit: ap was the best and worst thing I ever did. Worst because I was woefully unprepared for how to learn in college. Took me two years to get back to a respectable GPA. Best because what entry level courses I did take in college, I got to pick whichever lecture times and discussion times I wanted.
    Getting out of the freshmen/sophomore chemistry and physics classes in the engineering college, with all of the pre-lab/lab/post-lab work that required (from what I heard from others) made it worth it for me for those classes. Getting a few social science electives covered right off the bat helped there too.

KDR

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Getting out of the freshmen/sophomore chemistry and physics classes in the engineering college, with all of the pre-lab/lab/post-lab work that required (from what I heard from others) made it worth it for me for those classes. Getting a few social science electives covered right off the bat helped there too.
    Yeah that part rocked. The **** part was having quantum mechanics hour 1 day 1 freshman year. I limped through that class with a C+. The first grade I ever received below like a B+.

Both my HS Modern European History and American History classes ended with the Senate rejecting Wilson's 14 Points. It was also a running joke in our school for years, and I was amazed when I got to college that many other kids had the same joke. "And then the 20th Century happened kthxbai."
    That was pretty much my AP History class, although I did not go to a great high school. Also took AP English, which despite it being my 2nd worst subject (I SUCKED at Chem), I aced. Also took AP Biology, and was not doing well until the teacher (privately) called me out and challenged me in the manner of "I don't think this class is right for you." I ended up acing the rest of the class after that moment, because I actually applied myself.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Oh gee, look, over half of GOP voters donít care if gays can adopt kids.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/47...me-sex-couples

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Oh gee, look, over half of GOP voters don’t care if gays can adopt kids.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/47...me-sex-couples
    Something like 2/3rds of Republicans favor closing the gun show loophole.

GOP Members are such cowards, and GOP extremist voters are such lunatics, that they will even turn their backs on their own voters to appeal to the morons. That's because the nearly sane Republican voters don't primary the far right candidates the way the insane Republicans will primary the not quite Nazi enough ones.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Something like 2/3rds of Republicans favor closing the gun show loophole.

GOP Members are such cowards, and GOP extremist voters are such lunatics, that they will even turn their backs on their own voters to appeal to the morons.
    It has nothing to do with appealing to voters. It's all about the Benjamins, baby.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Newest global commodity that is entering a critical shortage phase due to mining way more than naturally produced: Sand.
    ďDemolish the bridges behind youÖ then there is no choice but to build again.Ē

Live Radio from 100.3

You can skip to last 30 seconds

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    You can skip to last 30 seconds
    But then you miss the Trump supporter saying "What do the Nazis have against us? We're not...".

KDR

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    But then you miss the Trump supporter saying "What do the Nazis have against us? We're not...".
    Thatís the part.

Thread Information