Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1001

Thread: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

  1. #881
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,065

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    I just don't see the pattern you're seemingly trying to convey here. Technically he shouldn't do it as part of his probation but I'm not gonna act like smoking weed is immoral or proof that he hasn't learned anything.

  2. #882
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I just don't see the pattern you're seemingly trying to convey here. Technically he shouldn't do it as part of his probation but I'm not gonna act like smoking weed is immoral or proof that he hasn't learned anything.
    I donít think weed is immoral.
    My point was Iím not shocked he was caught violating probation.

  3. #883
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,135

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I just don't see the pattern you're seemingly trying to convey here. Technically he shouldn't do it as part of his probation but I'm not gonna act like smoking weed is immoral or proof that he hasn't learned anything.
    Pretty sure violating your probation by taking drugs/alcohol, for an offense that you committed while under the influence of drugs/alcohol, is the definition of not learning anything. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  4. #884
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,065

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Pretty sure violating your probation by taking drugs/alcohol, for an offense that you committed while under the influence of drugs/alcohol, is the definition of not learning anything. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
    Killing four people while driving a car under the influence was the problem that landed him in legal trouble, not the use of drugs or alcohol.

    I'm not shocked that he violated his probation but that's mostly because I don't realistically expect a 22 year old to not engage in drinking or weed smoking for an entire decade.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-03-2020 at 10:12 AM.

  5. #885
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,913

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Killing four people while driving a car under the influence was the problem that landed him in legal trouble, not the use of drugs or alcohol.
    What in the actual ****?

  6. #886
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    4,468

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Killing four people while driving a car under the influence was the problem that landed him in legal trouble, not the use of drugs or alcohol.

    I'm not shocked that he violated his probation but that's mostly because I don't realistically expect a 22 year old to not engage in drinking or weed smoking for an entire decade.
    Doesn't matter if you think it's realistic or not -- that's part of his VERY WEAK consequences for driving under the influence and killing four people. If he can't follow the terms of his probation, then he can go to jail.

  7. #887
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,065

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    then he can go to jail.
    He probably should've been there to begin with and I don't think anyone is going to argue otherwise. The entire basis of this story being in the media was the "affluenza" defense and the judge basically further enabled the idea of rich (white) people operating on a different set of consequences with his sentencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What in the actual ****?
    Driving and killing people is a problem, drinking and/or doing drugs doesn't cause you to start the ignition of your car. This isn't hard to understand.

    If your argument is that he still thinks he's above the law because he violated his probation I can kinda see where you're coming from but I feel like the terms of the probation were completely unrealistic and at best the judge was setting him up for failure. Ideally the goal is that this guy can become a productive member of society some day but that's going to require a ton of counseling and a change in environment.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-03-2020 at 11:04 AM.

  8. #888
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,757

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    his probation prohibits him from using alcohol or marijuana. If we don't care that he violated his probation doesn't that basically mean he had no consequences (and he already got off super easy)?
    No it means I dont care he had THC in his system. I dont have to care. If that violates his probation that is a different argument altogether.
    Last edited by Handyman; 01-03-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  9. #889
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,757

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Who is up in arms? Posting now equals up in arms?

    The point was he got off from terrible things and had a probation of no drugs. My point was it really ainít shocking he ignored that after heís already killed people on substances and shrugged it off.
    I wasnt talking about you. I was speaking in general. That kid is scum but not because he has THC in his system.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #890
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,406

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I wasnt talking about you. I was speaking in general. That kid is scum but not because he has THC in his system.
    As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" (Handy, Deutsche, Bass trix, dx, Fade, aparch) is on the same side.

    What are you people doing?
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-03-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  11. #891
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,757

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" is on the same side.

    What are you people doing?
    Who are you calling YOU PEOPLE???

    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  12. #892
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,406

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Who are you calling YOU PEOPLE???

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxs0Qh72kY
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  13. #893
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,757

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    One of the few funny lines from that film and absolutely how I said it as I typed it
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  14. #894
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" (Handy, Deutsche, Bass trix, dx, Fade, aparch) is on the same side.

    What are you people doing?
    Iím paranoid on posting because scooby has been agreeing with me a lot.
    Maybe I need a time out

  15. #895
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Where
    Posts
    71,406

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    One of the few funny lines from that film and absolutely how I said it as I typed it
    I can't find the Archie Bunker line that I love even more. He says it to George. "Now just a minute. We people aren't 'you people.' You people are 'you people.'"
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  16. #896
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Iím paranoid on posting because scooby has been agreeing with me a lot.
    Maybe I need a time out
    Maybe you need some THC

  17. #897
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    32,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I can't find the Archie Bunker line that I love even more. He says it to George. "Now just a minute. We people aren't 'you people.' You people are 'you people.'"
    Haha excellent. I dare someone try to reboot that show word for word.

  18. #898
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Maybe you need some THC
    Thinking more like quaaludes, like Leo In wolf of Wall Street

  19. #899
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,725

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  20. #900
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    43,595

    Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

    $2,000 to attend and all male speakers: the Make Women Great Again conference.

    And in full disclosure: I still say I'm pansexual (attracted to all across the gender spectrum), but stuff like mentioned above make me not want to date cis men. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, and some of them post on this board, but I really don't want to date or marry them. Friends, yes. Date or marriage? No.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •