WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Last season I signed up for FloHockey's streaming package, and I can honestly say that I easily got my money's worth, particularly when it came to being able to watch Minnesota's away games. For the upcoming season Flo is offering a package of 120 games involving WCHA teams, and I am definitely planning to renew.

Info and complete schedule of games here: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/65...e-on-flohockey

Beyond the streaming option, feel free to post any observations and random thoughts on conference predictions, matchups and outstanding performances in this thread.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

How much was it for the whole year? What was the quality like? I see 12 UW away games on there. I'd still like to do a road trip to UM or UMD. UM is my wife's birthday weekend so that is out. UMD is my daughter's birthday weekend, that is a possibility, depending on weather.

As far as the conference goes, I'm sure all the coaches will pick UM to win the league, with a UM player projected to be POTY and a UM freshmen as ROTY, that is usually how it goes. I think Roque and Watts are candidates for POTY. I wouldn't sleep on Greig or Shirley for ROTY.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      How much was it for the whole year? What was the quality like?
      Last year it was $161.29. For the most part the quality of the broadcasts was very good, with some exceptions.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

As far as the conference goes, I'm sure all the coaches will pick UW to win the league, with a UW player projected to be POTY and a UW freshmen as ROTY. I think Roque and Watts are candidates for POTY. I think Greig or Shirley are candidates for ROTY.
        Fixed...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I think Roque and Watts are candidates for POTY.
          For preseason POTY, I'd look to someone like Roque, Rooney, or maybe Maltais or Dunne. I'm sure that Watts will be in the conversation at the end of the year, but for preseason, the WCHA coaches aren't going to vote for some kid who piled up points in Hockey East until she proves herself here.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Just noticed that 2019-20 Ohio State thread has been booted to the Archives. The likely crime? No posts since late May. Last year's thread still lingers, apparently because there were a few posts in the summer months.

The archived OSU thread was no literary masterpiece. But I thought it was kind of nice that it opened with the upcoming schedule, followed by a discussion of the schedule's nuances.

I'm presuming that once a thread has been archived, it can't be returned to active status. But if anyone has information to the contrary, please advise.

Be all that as it may, isn't archiving clearly relevant threads after just a couple of months a little brutal? It's especially ridiculous that there's currently no UMD thread. Admittedly Bemidji & St. Cloud posters haven't been as active lately. But they aren't on the current thread list either.

Perhaps more importantly, why be in a rush to meat-axe threads relating to the 2019 Post-season? Isn't last year's tournament still of interest as we start the new campaign? Perhaps tweak the cut-off date to March 1st?

Hard to believe that "lack of space" is an issue. It's been an extremely slow Summer on the board. The thread list is now a single page.

Yeah, I know. Just start new threads. Obviously the path of least resistance. But also an unnecessary nuisance, in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              Just noticed that 2019-20 Ohio State thread has been booted to the Archives. The likely crime? No posts since late May. Last year's thread still lingers, apparently because there were a few posts in the summer months.

The archived OSU thread was no literary masterpiece. But I thought it was kind of nice that it opened with the upcoming schedule, followed by a discussion of the schedule's nuances.

I'm presuming that once a thread has been archived, it can't be returned to active status. But if anyone has information to the contrary, please advise.

Be all that as it may, isn't archiving clearly relevant threads after just a couple of months a little brutal? It's especially ridiculous that there's currently no UMD thread. Admittedly Bemidji & St. Cloud posters haven't been as active lately. But they aren't on the current thread list either.

Perhaps more importantly, why be in a rush to meat-axe threads relating to the 2019 Post-season? Isn't last year's tournament still of interest as we start the new campaign? Perhaps tweak the cut-off date to March 1st?

Hard to believe that "lack of space" is an issue. It's been an extremely slow Summer on the board. The thread list is now a single page.

Yeah, I know. Just start new threads. Obviously the path of least resistance. But also an unnecessary nuisance, in my view.
              It's not archived, it's just the forum's default view is to only show threads that have been active the past two months. You can scroll down to thread display options and change that to show older threads, and find the thread you're looking for and post to it to bump it back up. The only threads you can't post to have a gray band diagonally across the top right of their icon with a little padlock on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Fixed...
                Thanks! What was I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  For preseason POTY, I'd look to someone like Roque, Rooney, or maybe Maltais or Dunne. I'm sure that Watts will be in the conversation at the end of the year, but for preseason, the WCHA coaches aren't going to vote for some kid who piled up points in Hockey East until she proves herself here.
                  How Watt's game translates to the WCHA and WI brand of hockey may be the most fascinating story line of the year. How she does will definitely validate or invalidate a lot of ideas of the quality of play in Hockey Easy vs the WCHA. That is going to be a fascinating journey. Of course me being a BADger fan, I want to see her light it up, but on the other hand, I am one who really questions the quality of Hockey Easy, so her getting 40 pts vs 80 pts in the wcha isn't all bad as long as UW gets the big trophy at the end. That would be a great poll......

Comment

How Watt's game translates to the WCHA and WI brand of hockey may be the most fascinating story line of the year.
                    I think that her offensive game will be fine. On the other side of the puck, she may notice an increased emphasis on concepts like "back pressure" and "defensive-zone coverage".
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

What was I thinking?
                      How should I know why you keep referring to your rivals to the west? You should see a therapist for that.

ARM covered it but I still want to ask...Watt will happen to the 2017/2018 Patty Kazmaier winner when she will actually have to do some back-checking?
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

How Watt's game translates to the WCHA and WI brand of hockey may be the most fascinating story line of the year. ...
                        Very much agree. I hope Wisconsin can do what it can to make her games somehow accessible to out of conference fans. I know fox sports north broadcasts some games? would be really nice to get a marquee match up on tv, and perhaps in addition to the FSN, why not broadcast games vs fellow big ten schools on the Big Ten network?

I feel like I saw Wisconsin vs St Cloud andWisconsin vs Princeton on tv last year... would be so cool to see more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                          Very much agree. I hope Wisconsin can do what it can to make her games somehow accessible to out of conference fans. I know fox sports north broadcasts some games? would be really nice to get a marquee match up on tv, and perhaps in addition to the FSN, why not broadcast games vs fellow big ten schools on the Big Ten network?

I feel like I saw Wisconsin vs St Cloud andWisconsin vs Princeton on tv last year... would be so cool to see more.
                          Do the FloHockey deal, you can watch as much as you want then.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            I think that her offensive game will be fine. On the other side of the puck, she may notice an increased emphasis on concepts like "back pressure" and "defensive-zone coverage".
                            She may have less offensive opportunities due to these weird WI defensive techniques you mentioned. She will get plenty PP chances, hopefully she can shoot off the pass on the backdoor. That concept seems foreign to the UW PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              It's not archived, it's just the forum's default view is to only show threads that have been active the past two mo
                              nths. You can scroll down to thread display options and change that to show older threads, and find the thread you're looking for and post to it to bump it back up. The only threads you can't post to have a gray band diagonally across the top right of their icon with a little padlock on it.
                              Well that was certainly simple. Thanks for the quick tutorial!

Kind of embarrassing that I've been on USCHO for 19 years and never noticed that. Sure, I've successfully searched for & found older threads quite a few times. But I just assumed I was looking at archived material...

Maybe the default display option should be active threads from the last 100 days. Right now that adds just one page to the thread list on the Women's Hockey Board. Or, maybe I'm the only one who didn't get the memo & it just doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X